RMMV deeper emotional tamagotchi type game?

whotfisjojo

clownin' around
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
just got mv and began making this idea like 3 days ago this is what ive got in-game so far
1618343019371.png
so far its got clickable events, diagonal collision, blinking hud face, functional hud, functional event alert, and a custom made 8px font
the actual size of the game is 160x144 (gameboy style!) this is just fullscreened
ive seen other forums discussing tamagotchi-like games or "pet games" in rpgmaker and how they'd be very difficult and require a TON of switches & variables and considering i am the WORST when it comes to switches & variables is this a hopeless venture into uncharted waters?

and of course just to make things more complicated i also wanted to do something more interesting with it rather than just another pet game as well... not exactly sure how yet but i liked the idea of it being more emotionally grounded than "oh it died bc u didnt take care of it o well time to get a new one" sort of thing

what do you guys think? :0/
does it even sound interesting enough to be worth the trouble?

Calcab

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if RPG Maker is the best engine to build a Tamagotchi because I think you'll have much more work doing this on RM than another engine with a Tamagotchi pack or even following a tutorial.

About a deep emotional Tamagotchi, you may want to have a look at My Child Lebensborn for reference, which is essentially the idea you're describing.

STARFALL

Core of the Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The idea really sounds very good to me.

whotfisjojo

clownin' around
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure if RPG Maker is the best engine to build a Tamagotchi because I think you'll have much more work doing this on RM than another engine with a Tamagotchi pack or even following a tutorial.

About a deep emotional Tamagotchi, you may want to have a look at My Child Lebensborn for reference, which is essentially the idea you're describing.
interesting! it seems sad though... if i do make it i don't want it to be sad or like a psychological horror type of game just something that realistically displays emotions... i'm not that invested in the idea considering i just started making it so i might just scrap it if i can't make it in rpgm...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utotsu