Koru-chan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just looking for a plugin that can let me set an alternate skill for the usual "Attack" command per class.  No bells and whistles, no extra features.  I basically have magical weapons equipped on my magic users and I'd like their Attack command to still do decent damage, so they aren't always forced to use spells and blow all their mana, especially on minor fights.  My hope is to have Skill 1 be the usual Attack scaled off the attack stat, and have skill 3 or whatever other number I want to be a different skill, which I'll set to run off the magic attack stat.

I saw Bobstah's battle command script here, but it's just really complex for something that I want to be as simple as I can get it.  If anyone could help me, that would be great!  I'm using several of Yanfly's battle plugins, so it would need to work alright with them.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you look in RPG Maker MV\NewData\js\plugins there is a plugin named WeaponSkill that allows you to change the default attack based on the weapon. If you'd rather it be based on class or actor I can whip something up for you.

Edit: Nevermind, you should just use Yanfly's plugin below that Zael mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:

Zael

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly's Weapon Unleash Plugin will let you do that really easily, it has a bunch of other stuff it can do as well though.

Still, you can just ignore all the extra features and just use the Note Tag (which can be used on Actors, Enemies, Classes, Weapons, Armors, or States):

<Replace Attack: x>

Where x is the ID of the new skill.

That will let you do what you want and ensure compatibility since you're already using a bunch of Yanfly's battle plugins. And hey, you never know, the other features are awesome, you might end up using them.

I hope that helps you out! Have a good one.

Z

Koru-chan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, I really need to learn to read better.  For some reason, I only thought that addon of Yanfly's let you set up a skill to possibly proc off the attack command.  I didn't realize you could also just do a replacement.  Thanks a ton guys!

Raven Burns

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried abosutely everything for the passed two days, I'm not an amateur what so ever and Yanfly's Weapon Unleash script isnt working at all. Even on a new project file. I'm getting extremely annoyed.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've tried abosutely everything for the passed two days, I'm not an amateur what so ever and Yanfly's Weapon Unleash script isnt working at all. Even on a new project file. I'm getting extremely annoyed.
Can you screenshot you plugins and the order they are in. Following that the code you've entered in the note box to get the weapon unleash to fire.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raven Burns
[mod]please do not hijack a problem topic started by someone else, this will only cause confusion because the errors are rarely the same no matter how similiar they might look[/mod]
Please start your own topic, and give a screenshot of your plugin manager in that topic as well as your configurations for using that plugin.
[closed]IgnoreMe[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

gonna record the beginning of my game if anyone is interested in seeing it message me for the link it's going to be unlisted on youtube
Dev stream today, come on by and ask questions about rpg maker!
Fun fact: If your story introduces a variety of different races, the "human race" will automatically become the most corrupt race in general.
Finally finished my late start entry for the jam. Now. I. Sleep.
Just made 3 easy, simple and small MZ plugins today(12 hours straight), and I never thought I could ever do this.
Now I feel myself being very productive, even though I know I'm just utterly flattering myself lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mathews110