Default XP Resources Needed

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by yamakoku, Aug 20, 2019.

1. yamakoku

yamakoku Weaboo Nerd Member

First Language:
    BR Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (Note this is NOT me asking for pirated versions of DLCs, but rather the default resources from XP i don't have since i only have MV and VXAce)

I recently found a collage of all the RMXP Tilesets combined that i plan to use on my game, but i could not find one a collage the Sprites and Autotile graphics.
    If anyone with RMXP could send me a folder with all the Sprites and/or Autotile graphics i would be forever thankful! :LZYcat:
    Also, sprites include Object, Monster and Animal sprites.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could download the trial version and get them from there. However, you are not licensed to use the XP resources or edits of them unless you legally own the engine - even if you are making a free game.

Also be aware that large collage of all the RMXP Tilesets combined is a massive drag on performance.

Edit: RMXP is available to purchase for a massive $5 right now.
    https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-xp

3. yamakoku

First Language:
    BR Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not gonna use the whole collage at once. Anyways thank you so much for telling me about RMXP being cheap! But i must ask, would i get in trouble if i would get the assets from the trial version, then buy XP after, then release the game? And also how long will the discount last?

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As long as you owned the engine before you released the game, that'd be fine. But $5 is an incredibly low price, and the sale has been on for a while now already - I don't expect it to last much longer. If you can spare $5, I suggest you get it now rather than wait.

And as far as "using the whole collage at once" - you don't have to use it all in a single map - it's having it all in a single tileset that causes the lag. If you mean you're not even going to have it all in a single tileset, I don't think there's much point in using it at all.

Someone used this once, and their testers complained so much about the lag, that they commissioned me to write a script for them to split it back into multiple tilesets containing only the images that were used on that map. It was a big job, and the resulting tilesets were just awful to use - luckily they were done with mapping.

5. yamakoku

First Language:
    BR Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright, great! Also in my country it's not 5 bucks its 9, still cheap and i think i have that in my allowance. Thank's Shaz! I also just found i have 6 days to get RMXP so it's fine. Anyways would you be able to lend me the folder now that stuff is clarified? No rush of course, i'm not demanding anything.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    just download and install the trial, and you'll have it. Then when you buy & register, your trial version will become a full version.

How did you find out you have 6 days?

I get you with the exchange rate! It'd be about $8 for me, too.

7. yamakoku

First Language:
    BR Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I went to look at steam to see the price in my country and it said it ended august 6th.

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    August 6th was 14 days ago. Did you mean 26th?

9. Tigerawr

Tigerawr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can have the resources by installing the RTP on your computer, which are free to download for everyone. Just check in which folder they go and you're good.

10. yamakoku

First Language:
    BR Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah 26th, thanks.

Thank you! That's exactly what i was looking for!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019