Not open for further replies.

Xina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I'm about to lose my mind. I'm trying to set up my core attributes for my main characters. I prefer not to make a separate class for each character for story reasons, but would still like to have some variety in the attributes. To this end, I set up my class parameter curves pretty small but added a large parameter multiplier to the individual character. For example, the curve is level 1 = 5, level 2 = 10, and so on. But the parameter on the character is *350%. When I go into Troops - Battle Testing, I can see the final value for each of the character's attributes. So at level 1, it shows the final value as 25 and at level 2 it shows the final value as 30. My issue is this: no matter what amount I put into the parameter multiplier, it makes NO CHANGE to the final value of the attribute!!! For example:

Level---------Base---------Parameter Multiplier
1 ------------ 5 ------------ 350%===================25
1 ------------ 5 ------------ 5%===================25
2 ------------ 5 ------------ 350%===================30
2 ------------ 5 ------------ 50%===================30

Is this a bug or am I just not understanding how the parameters work?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately traits are only calculated in-game, not in the editor. :kaoswt:

Suggestion: close the database and go to Game > Playtest (Ctrl+R) or press the green "play" button on the toolbar. Start a New Game, then press Esc or X to bring up the menu. Select the Status option from the menu and that should let you see the correct stat values (i.e. including all traits) of any party member. :kaopride:

Note that by default you can press PageUp/PageDown (or Q/W) to scroll through party members once you're on the Status screen, saves a bit of time. :kaothx:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this a bug
yes and no
The problem is that the battletest from the database skips a lot of the setup to get directly to the battlescreen, and that has disadvantages. Depending on which plugins you add to your project it might even completely fail to start if one of the plugins requires part f the skipped sequences.

So yes, it is known that the battletest has problems and doesn't work correctly in all cases - but no, this can't be considered a bug or changed because it is an unavoidable price for the quit test - the balancing needs to be done by full game, it can't be done with battletest alone.
The battletest should work to see if the troop events are correct and that all action patterns work and so on unless you really put up a lot of modifications by plugins however.

Xina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Thank you guys! I thought I was going nuts! I mean, I'm not that great at math but I was pretty sure that changing the variable from 300% to 0% should have done something!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also, if you dont save your project before testing, it will use the last saved data instead of your current edits.

So if what you're doing is:
Edit data -> Hit playtest/battletest

Then your game wont be testing with the current edits that you have... It wont matter if you're using battle test or play test, the result will be the same. Though it is more likely to happen on battle test since its directly from the database window.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, if you dont save your project before testing, it will use the last saved data instead of your current edits.
Clarification:
  • Database edits since the last project save will be effective during battle test.
  • Plugin Manager changes are not effective until the project is saved.
Play test forces a project save before launching, battle test does not.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh they changed the behavior in some of the updates? I havent used an updated version for a long while now. XD

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head
I'm glad I found those fishies by @whtdragon so I had a proper base to start pixeling the first enemies in the game.
Such cuties... yeah.
Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phasmo