Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Defined Sound Variables v1.0

by HonestInnocence

Introduction

As I was testing a system I'm currently working on in MV, I found that I couldn't use scripts to call sounds due to them being undefined. Thanks to Tsukihime, I learned that I could define the sound file as a variable. Following that, I found that I couldn't define the sound separate from the script call; noting that this would cause constant re-usage and limitations of a script call block in the editor. So I took to making my first script - a very simple one, where the default sound files for MV are defined.

Script

http://pastebin.com/43D4qAAq

Installation

1. Copy the script lines from pastebin into a word editor (notepad++ is one)

2. Save the file as DefinedSoundVariables.js

3. Paste the above file into your js\plugins folder.

Credit

HonestInnocence (For compiling/defining the default sounds)

Tsukihime (For code format)

Terms of Use

Free to use in any project, even commercial ones.

Author's Notes

As I delve deeper into learning JS, I hope to streamline this script to reduce on line amount, as well as make it to where each sound's attributes can be edited either globally or through parameters. 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't use scripts to call sounds due to them being undefined
Is this because of something to do with your script, or are you saying there's a bug in the engine?

HonestInnocence

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Shaz,

There is no error with the engine. This script was basically born from ignorance on how to properly format the script calls. By the time I found out, I had already submitted this script to this subforum, so my apologies for that.

Though this may of be of some use, stil. Especially as a first learning experience. Currently, I'm endeavoring learning how to set the attributes (volume, pitch, pan, etc) to something that could be called upon once; to cut down on the script's line amount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth