Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Starting June 1st, the games department of Degica has evolved and become its own company: Komodo!

But don’t worry. This doesn’t mean a change to the RPG Maker experience. You can continue to expect the same level of care and respect for the RPG Maker community, from the same team of people, as the old Degica Games brand.

So what does it change for you, the user?

Honestly: Not a whole lot. We’ll keep having cool new resource packs, fun community events, streams, tutorials and more coming your way.

The one change you may have noticed if you’ve picked up one of our latest Resource Packs, is the change in our latest EULAs from Degica Co., Ltd, to Komodo Co., Ltd.

This change will be made to all our EULAs, but it is a long process, so you will see the old Degica name in the older packs for now. Just be sure to change it in your own credits!

“But I’ve released like 53 projects, do I have to update all of them with the new credits?” I hear you ask. And to answer that, well first, wow, 53 projects, that’s impressive! And second, for your past releases it is completely fine to leave the Degica name in the credits, but we do ask that if you update one of your projects, take the time to update the credits as well.

Other than that, it should be business as usual as we work to do our best to provide the optimum RPG Maker experience for everyone. Thank you all for being RPG Maker fans through the many years of the Degica era, let’s move on to make the Komodo era even better!

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you know why this name change is happening? Company restructuring always costs quite an amount of money so i guess there must be a strategy behind.
Or are we talking about a change of ownership/secession from Degica, etc.?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you know why this name change is happening? Company restructuring always costs quite an amount of money so i guess there must be a strategy behind.
Or are we talking about a change of ownership/secession from Degica, etc.?

Ownership remains the same. Basically, Degica became two companies, Degica and Komodo, and they are now subsidiaries of another company (that I can't remember the name of, my contract was with Degica and now with Komodo). But all of them are privately owned by the same person who owned Degica to begin with.

There were some behind the scenes reasons for the restructuring, but not anything that interesting. When I heard about it at first, I was like "oh wait, whats happening, my job!" but there really is no reason to worry at all.

The Komodo team is the same team as the old Degica Games team, and the owners remain the same :).

(For people who aren't aware, Degica is also a payment processing company with Komoju. Komoju is going to be the sole role of Degica as a company now).

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can assure you I am not a lizard in a trench coat.

I do not own a trench coat.
Aye, but that doesn't rule out that you are, in fact, a lizard. You just do not own a trench coat as a lizard.

And are we absolutely sure this isn't you? The resemblance is.. uncanny.
QFTAXkL.png

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I am glad things are basically remaining the same, save for the name!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Strange thing going on; Komodo is the island with the dragons on it that well everyone say komodo dragons so I suppose folks who lives near them... duh... Nevermind!

Addendum; but thanks for the warning. Some peoples scares easy! *avoid miror for the moment*

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Because I don't see any other resources around this, is a simple:
"Made using RPGMaker MZ,
A product of Komodo Co., Ltd."

placed in the opening credits good enough? Do I need to reference the specific resources or some such? Sorry, I've never completed a game to get to this point before!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Komodo is actually the publisher, Gotcha Gotcha Games in developer of RPG Maker.
If you've used resources that didn't come with the program, you need to credit those too.

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Komodo is actually the publisher, Gotcha Gotcha Games in developer of RPG Maker.
If you've used resources that didn't come with the program, you need to credit those too.
So I have to remake my opening credits again? How do I even put that? Is Gotcha Gotcha a subsidiary of Komodo or do I have to credit them both?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!
How has this place been dead quiet since after I posted about Deltarune? That's the only post that people are reacting to now... will you please read my other statuses?
Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aktiffiso