Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Perfect Stat Point Distribution System

DekitaRPG

Introduction

This script has has been designed to "replicate" the world of online rpg games by giving you control over how your character progresses in terms of stats/parameters throughout gameplay.

Features

This script is a highly dynamic & customisable stat point distribution system,

it not only provides you with a way to distribute stats, it actually gives you

new stats as well, vit/str/dex and mag are now the proud parents of all other

stats. And they are far superior...

Set which stats increase, how much it costs, does one stat make another stat go

down? is the luck gain for your characters going to be completely random ?

maybe you want to continue to gain params via the param curves in the database,

but you wish you could give your characters just that little bit more flexablity?

NOW YOU CAN DECIDE.

Dont want that much control? thats fine set the system to be as random as

you like.

It is HIGHLY advised you take a moment to look through the cusomisation options

to see if any apply to your current project. (they also change regularly)

FEATURES:

==========

- New Parent Stats that give you COMPLETE control over ALL other stats

- Use your new stats in skill formula's and even conditional branches

- OVER 170 customisation options, NOT including random gain feature(another 100+)

- Plug and Play ? YES !

How to Use

Paste this script under "Materials" and above "Main" in your projects script editor.

Script/Add-ons -

The most up-to-date version of this script can be found by following the link below,

Any add-ons can also be found by following the link.

http://dekitarpg.wor...ibution-system/

Credit and Thanks

- DekitaRPG.

- mobychan & Tsukihime - for helping me understand notetags a little better ^_^

- "Adrian Meza" for showing me how to add bonus level points.

- Niclas for showing me how to properly define "add_xparam"

- De Mack for showing me how to write a basic distribute parameters script.

- Yanfly for making me want to script to start with!

NOTE:

I will, for the forseeable future be updating this script on a regular basis,

If you like the script its best to keep up with the new features.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acetonide

Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks pretty good. What's your standing on using your scripts in commercial games? Not that I'll be doing so, but it'll probably come up eventually so might as well ask early.

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome, this is the way rpg's should go, allowing the player to level up individual stats versus pre-set stats, for each character. It gives the player more control in how to develop their characters.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is really nice. One step closer to an Elder's Scroll game on RPGM!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks pretty good. What's your standing on using your scripts in commercial games? Not that I'll be doing so, but it'll probably come up eventually so might as well ask early.
Can be used in commercial games as long as i give permission for it at the time ^_^.

Awesome, this is the way rpg's should go, allowing the player to level up individual stats versus pre-set stats, for each character. It gives the player more control in how to develop their characters.
My aim was to develop a system similar to "Perfect World International - (mmorpg)" when i felt i had acheived that i added more :D , plan now is to just keep making it better and more efficient.

This is really nice. One step closer to an Elder's Scroll game on RPGM!
thanks ^_^, others did help with bits here and there though.

@EVERYONE - Small update to allow for bonus points on set bonus levels.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@EVERYONE

another update to allow for "attribute points" to be earned for use with new addon's , elemental distribution and state distribution .

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Again, this is a really cool script, and I can't wait to see more.

One thought for a possible script: Instead of gaining stat points at each level up, what about eliminating the need for leveling up, and just have enemy drop stat points instead of EXP?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Again, this is a really cool script, and I can't wait to see more.

One thought for a possible script: Instead of gaining stat points at each level up, what about eliminating the need for leveling up, and just have enemy drop stat points instead of EXP?
already working on a script where you can gain spendable points from enemies :D its not top of my list though, right now im working on equipment requirements where you need [x] vit,str,dex or magic to equip weapons and armor that have been notetagged.back to your idea... what about a script that stops leveling up completely (litterally disables levels) and instead you gain distribution points via alternate mehods e.g from monsters, by completing quests, minigames ect ... hmmm...

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's pretty much what I was getting at. Levels would be eliminated, and monsters/quests/events/etc would give a set amount of user-determined stat points. Traditional rpg's focus way too much on level grinding, that other alternative methods would make for a much more enjoyable and unique experience. You could even have a skill shop that a player can sacrifice certain amount of stat points for a specific skill.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
il add it to my "to-do" list :) might be a while before i get around to it though lol

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
uh am i doing something wrong i added it to the script and set the values but its not working

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
added the perfect status screen add on and keep getting an unexpected end error expecting $end on line 22

i'm not adding the elements at all so that might be a problem but still could you give me a tutorial?

never mind figured that out

um now i'm getting draw new stats coloum error

nvm i figured it out

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok is it possible to set this so that hp/mp goes up by a variable?, an to make certain options unavalible for certain actors? set maxes for certain acters?

just asking,

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
Xaigoth, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ok is it possible to set this so that hp/mp goes up by a variable?, an to make certain options unavalible for certain actors? set maxes for certain acters?

just asking,
do you mean an extra random value added into each stats increase/decrease ? or a litteral increase controled by a variable ?

im already setting max stat values for vit str dex and mag

and i dunno how i would go about making certain options unavailable for certain actors but if i can think of a way i will :D

edit:

just updated script to version 1.5

Improved the script calls to give all stats for [x] option e.g increase vit by 5 and it increases al stats in option 1 customization 5 times ^_^

changed the vit/str/mag and dex from useless counters into unique params for compatibility with new addon (equip requirements based on lvl str dex mag and vit)

any ideas for more improvements let me know.

Also if anyone could show me how to set up notetags to increase vit ect via weapons/armor i would very much appreciate it (im noob at notetags )

e.g put a notetag into a weapon to give 5 more vit and all stat increases under option 1 when equipped

edit2:

@anyone who cared about the .RB files i changed it back to pastebin ^_^

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i mean a varible which can be set based on class

like if your a warrior you could gain 35-65 hp per point of vit

and if a mage only 15-30 hp per point of vit

i have it currently set where boosting any stat will boost all stats so that you dont have to spread stat points out if you dont want to, and by lvl restrictions i mean can you like do a event or something that set the max for mag of a warrior class to like 20 but set the same stat max to 60 for a mage? this will allow for more customization options

i'm no good at scripting but i'll see what i can do

also is the status ailment script and the element script suppose to be posted above the status screen script?

Zergem

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is perfect, I've definitely got to try this out. Thanks for making it!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i mean a varible which can be set based on class

like if your a warrior you could gain 35-65 hp per point of vit

and if a mage only 15-30 hp per point of vit

i have it currently set where boosting any stat will boost all stats so that you dont have to spread stat points out if you dont want to, and by lvl restrictions i mean can you like do a event or something that set the max for mag of a warrior class to like 20 but set the same stat max to 60 for a mage? this will allow for more customization options

i'm no good at scripting but i'll see what i can do

also is the status ailment script and the element script suppose to be posted above the status screen script?
i have them under the stat point script in my project, im working on how to limit the amount of stats you can gain (its harder than i initially thought) i have put some little features into it but i wont release it untill i can figure out how to do the notetags i want to do, and il try get a class limitation set up too ,i can limit the max stats you can have but the problem is because the options you select have nothing to do with the stat limit they still increase every other stat like max hp def ect just not vit,mag,ect

This is perfect, I've definitely got to try this out. Thanks for making it!
its still getting improved regularly ^_^ if you like it i recommend keeping up-to-date with the newest version :)

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having a minor problem.

After battle, when a player levels up, it doesn't work properly. I have to 'cancel' out of the level up screen all together and then add stats through the Status Screen in the Menu.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i upgraded this script today to add a few notetags to increase vit str ect on weapons, armour and even give enemys vit str dex and magic, also added notetags to gain vit ect from killing enemies ^_^

@TimmyTheNerd try updating the script to version 1.7 - i changed a few features to automatically go onto the distribution screen when leveled up, if you are still having problems, then please provide a little more information and if theres a bug it ill be found and squished ^_^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oo_K_DASH_oo