waxing-pygmalion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey all. So I have all my battle processes set up so that if the player character loses, they get a game over. However, what I'm getting is once the player is defeated, the background music from before the battle resumes (even if it's not set to autoplay for that room), you get a brief look at the character and enemy sprites in the room, and THEN you get a game over. I don't want that to happen. How do I fix this? Do I need a plugin for a more immediate game over?

Thanks in advance.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your description is somewhat ambiguous - so to be clear, you are using a Troop Event with a Game Over command that runs if a certain actor hits 0 HP?  I tried this kind of event in a mostly-clean project (using only Yanfly's Core & Battle Engines), as well as normal Game Overs triggered by having the whole party go to 0 HP, and didn't notice any of the quirks that you described.  It should go directly to the Game Over screen.

Is it possible you used the Abort Battle command, or maybe used the Continue Even When Loser option (for the battle troop in the map event that triggers the battle)?  This would return the player to the map.  If not, try this same troop/event in a clean project with no Plugins to make sure that this isn't happening because of plugins you have implemented, and if none of that seems to answer your question, it would be smart to provide us with screenshots of the Troop, its Troop events, and the map event that you use (if any) to run this battle.

waxing-pygmalion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you for replying! Yes, it's a troop event, with one actor. When the actor's HP hits zero, it's supposed to game over.

I've attached a screenshot of the event. I guess it's missing something, but I don't know what. Thanks for your help!

Untitled.png

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's not a troop event.. that's a normal event.. The if lose part only runs on the map so ofc it will go back to map first before game over..

Normally if you lose a battle it's game over anyway so just make sure you didn't check "Continue even if lose" and you're pretty much sure to get a game over once your player dies in that battle.. You won't even need that "if Lose" part..

Last edited by a moderator:

waxing-pygmalion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok, thank you! Now I gotta figure out how to make a troop event then hahaha. Sorry I'm such a newbie.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You dont even need it... Once your player dies, it should automatically be game over unless your evented battle was set to Continue when lose...

If you dont get game over even if your player dies and loses that battle, it's either you set Continue when lose to true or you have installed a script/plugin that disables the default game over.. If it's the first, just dont check that box, if its the second, remove the script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bleachcups