Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
This is what I wanna happen.....

1.) I'll call a "script" with the use of event

2.) Forces the game to delete all existing save data.

3.) Hahahaha!  BD

Nier spoiler down here:

-MORE LIKE "Nier; Gestalt" 4th ending, Sacrifice-

Seriously, I need a script like this. To be more specific, the script is for RGSS2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
for i in 1..4

if FileTest.exist?("Save"+i.to_s+".rvdata")

File.delete("Save"+i.to_s+".rvdata")

end

end

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would delete ALL save files. Not just the "save data" for the current game. And what if the current game was in save file 10?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Rpg Maker VX have only 4 save slot no ? i'm using vx ace so i don't really remember but it what i saw

just return to titlescreen after calling that script you are forced to start a new game

else if it was only for the current game just need to clear just start a new game over the one already existing and it gonna set everything back to default

just use the script in the titlescreen create_game_objects

$game_temp = Game_Temp.new$game_message = Game_Message.new$game_system = Game_System.new$game_switches = Game_Switches.new$game_variables = Game_Variables.new$game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new$game_actors = Game_Actors.new$game_party = Game_Party.new$game_troop = Game_Troop.new$game_party.setup_starting_members()just call it from event and it should erase everything (except map) and it put back initial party members in the party

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It may only have 4 (I don't have it with me now), but if that's the case, there would have very quickly been scripts written to overcome that limitation.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think 16's the default, it only shows 4 on the screen at a time though.

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I have more than 30 save slots with the help of Neo Save System VI by Wortana.
I want all existing save data to be deleted when I call the script.  ;)

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Rpg Maker VX have only 4 save slot no ? i'm using vx ace so i don't really remember but it what i saw

just return to titlescreen after calling that script you are forced to start a new game

else if it was only for the current game just need to clear just start a new game over the one already existing and it gonna set everything back to default

just use the script in the titlescreen create_game_objects

$game_temp = Game_Temp.new$game_message = Game_Message.new$game_system = Game_System.new$game_switches = Game_Switches.new$game_variables = Game_Variables.new$game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new$game_actors = Game_Actors.new$game_party = Game_Party.new$game_troop = Game_Troop.new$game_party.setup_starting_members()just call it from event and it should erase everything (except map) and it put back initial party members in the party
Doesn't work, it just resets the game's variables. The save files are still there.

This is more like NEW GAME script call.

Zarby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
for i in 1..30 if FileTest.exist?("Save"+i.to_s+".rvdata") File.delete("Save"+i.to_s+".rvdata") endendthis sould work if you don't have changed the config "SAVE_FILE_NAME" or "SAVE_PATH" of Neo Save Script

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
class Game_Interpreter def delete_saved_game for i in 1..30 if FileTest.exist?("Save"+i.to_s+".rvdata") File.delete("Save"+i.to_s+".rvdata") end end endendscript call:

Code:
delete_saved_game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.
I miss lockdown already. Since the pubs reopened, there's been nothing but loudmouthed drunks wandering about my neighbourhood.
Twitter is making me embarrassed to be a Persona 5 fan rn
I don't wanna be called out when I say P5R is my favorite game :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HikariHason