Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
7_by_lorsynth-daxh2lh.png

About character interaction :
-
A key feature of hl is character interaction, every npc the protag encounters throughout
the game will have an intricate backstory that may come into play, for most characters
these will come out through frequent interaction and conversation, which builds a strength
and relationship stat. The strength builds slowly overtime, faster if you visit them, say, once
a day. Slower if you encounter then from time to time. It'll also diminish over time, but the
higher the stat the slower it falls without contact.

While the protagonist does keep a fairly detailed and up to date journal the player can
negatively influence the accuracy of the journals content. This will have a lot of influences,
and the players managed mental health will be a major factor in perceived outcome.

While most of this info may not be particularly important, there will be situations where
obscure information may be critical in understanding a characters behaviour, motives or
reactions, which will be progressively more important as game time moves forward.

This is particularly key when dealing with party members, just like real relationships they all
have different views, motives and opinions which can be responded to or manipulated for
mutual/self gain, how the protag treats friends or enemies will define the kind of help they
receive in turn.

Characters
I'm planning out a massive variety of in-depth characters with what I hope will have fairly
psychologically accurate personalities.

Protagonist
The protagonist originates in a place with a resemblance to earth, and while the character's initial race is never mentioned, it is implied that she/he's a human. The death of the protagonist is a tragic accident the player witnesses upon starting the game, before the player enters the first interactive area, a dream scene that's both hauntingly beautiful and serene, but ultimately eerie and unnatural.

As the player progresses the protagonist faces a variety of positive and negative events, the protagonist's core characteristics will then be decided based on how the player handles these initial dream-like quests. (Still needs to be expanded, click the sub bellow for outdated info

The protagonist is first introduced as a human boarding the subway, a cutscene plays out,
and depending on the choice of the player the human died one of several ways, which will
also impact the protag later on in the game. After death a god of Felth approaches the
player motherly with promises of protection and comfort. Again, the player is faced with
several choices, all of which end with the god putting the protag into a deep warm sleep,
a dream sequence follows, again dictated by player decision. Depending on the players
choices the protag will wake up in the body of one of four races, in one of four starting
locations. This stage is a kindergarten type tutorial where the player consistently levels and
ages their character while playing through a race specific tutorial. The player will be faced
with a great amount of choice and decision to help shape their character and class, which
can be edited at the start of adulthood before the protag continues on his/her quest.

Lorsynth
A fungus god, creator of all things. The legends say she's a meditator of another planet who
has achieved enlightenment, and so created a universe with the strength of her mind.
Lorsynth is still a person, full of personality and kindness, and her control of the world
changes based on how she watches the player interact with her creations. A troublesome or
nasty character may incur random acts of wrath and warning. It is said at the point of death
the children of Lorsynth invite tired souls to a feast, followed by a business offer. Those who
make the decision to stay often lose part of themselves. She's more often depicted white,
accept when associated with reincarnation.

6_by_lorsynth-daxh2ll.png

10_by_lorsynth-daxh2lb.png

Lorsynth has a lot of features. I'll explain more soon.Check out some of the features bellow though!
Yearly Cycles
Weather, Day/Night, Changing Months, Weather & Seasons, Passing Time and Character aging.

Romance
Courting, Dating, Romancing, Positive and Negative, LGBT Friendly
Varied Gender Identities and Sexual Preferences, Long & Slow Burns,
Adult & G rated content, Intimate Scenes, Multiple Romances, Cheating
& Poly Options.

Basic Needs
Hunger, Thirst & Energy
Bloated, Stuffed, Full, Fed, Peckish, Hungry, Famished, Starving, Ravenous, Malnourished, Emaciated
Quenched, Hydrated, Satisfied, Thirsty, Parched, Dehydrated.
(Energy still WIP Concepts)

Cooking
Recipes, Brewing, Specific Skills, Cooking Utensils, Ingredient Freedom.

Safe as Houses
Player Homes, Shops, Stalls, Portables & Camps
Buy and sell, trade and decorate, set up camp and enjoy the view.
Earn royalties & rent, keep on top of maintenance and repair.
Set up shop wherever you stop.

Nurture Nature
Fungiculture, Farming, Hydroponics, Foraging, Planting & Harvesting
Set up decorative gardens and farms, sell produce, protect crops.
Hire help, etc.

Clicking a plant will give you the option of taking the whole plant or only
the vital parts the player needs. Such as the leaves, flowers, caps, fruit etc.
If the whole plant is taken it'll still need to be disassembled, which may
leave waste products in the inventory, stems, thorns, poisonous leaves etc.
These only perish if left in the inventory for several days, otherwise they keep
indefinitely in proper storage. Food has stages of spoilage, and can still be eaten
or used in alchemy in later stages.

Plant scraps decay into plant matter or toxic plant matter regardless of type.
It's all just mush yo.

Animal Whisperer
Livestock, Pets, Taming, Trapping, Breeding, Sales,
Positive and Negative experiences, Illness, death.
Pet leveling and character building. All animals have active personalities.

Building
Shopping
11_by_lorsynth-daxh2l8.png

3_by_lorsynth-daxh2ls.png

9_by_lorsynth-daxh2ld.png

The screens & art bellow still need a lot of work, and I've just chucked components in to fillthe space and give me an idea of how things are going to work together.
And credit where it's due, the beautiful sandy desert landscape seen
through the windows was drawn by the wonderfully talented

shadowpup23
Screenshot_1.png

some character profiles. They're all temporary and rough, so I'm using these as more examples of different angles and dynamics.
Also, Some main characters. The two brothers. <3

brothers_by_lorsynth-daxw2fz.png

fgdfggfd_by_lorsynth-daxw2fs.png

dfdffsdfd_by_lorsynth-daxw2fp.png
fhhhfhhfhhg_by_lorsynth-daxw2fe.png

bengaar4_by_lorsynth-daxw2f2.png
bengaar_by_lorsynth-daxw2ex.png

targ_by_lorsynth-dax8ukk.png

this_by_lorsynth-daxwjzt.png

screenshot_1_by_lorsynth-daxcub7.png

jhhggtt_by_lorsynth-daxoslk.png
[/CENTER]

Last edited:

hppyniss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks very cool. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this. You have a grrrreat aesthetic here, so I can't wait to see screenshots!

LxCharon

I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The style here is so riveting! I'll be looking forward to more updates!

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow... It's... Wow really. This is something I'm looking forward to play. Great work, very interesting! 

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm glad you guys like it! I'm working hard to develop a very specific aesthetic, it's still got a way to go.

-

anyway, I've got some featureish stuff to share, since all the graphical work has just been tweaking, editing and general refining.

-

A key feature of hl is character interaction, every npc the protag encounters throughout the game will have an intricate backstory that may come into play, for most characters these will come out through frequent interaction and conversation, which builds a strength and relationship stat. The strength builds slowly overtime, faster if you visit them, say, once a day. Slower if you encounter then from time to time. It'll also diminish over time, but the higher the stat the slower it falls without contact.

While the protagonist does keep a fairly detailed and up to date journal the player can negatively influence the accuracy of the journals content. This will have a lot of influences, and the players managed mental health will be a major factor in perceived outcome.

While most of this info may not be particularly important, there will be situations where obscure information may be critical in understanding a characters behaviour, motives or reactions, which will be progressively more important as game time moves forward. 

This is particularly key when dealing with party members, just like real relationships they all have different views, motives and opinions which can be responded to or manipulated for mutual/self gain. 

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated the entire thread with images and content. I'll need to devote some time to neatening things up again after the update, and spread out my content over multiple posts, the first one isn't big enough ;w;

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, things got a little confusing with this new update...
But keep up the good work! I can't wait to hear more about your game!

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, things got a little confusing with this new update...
But keep up the good work! I can't wait to hear more about your game!
I can't wait to share more!

I think I fixed the major issues, did some formatting and for some reason, at least for me, none of the pictures were showing. If anyone sees any issues let me know, I'm not sure what caused it. <3

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!
Your artworks are seriously good!!!

Love to play it!!!

Well done :)

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!
Your artworks are seriously good!!!

Love to play it!!!

Well done :)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. <3

-

And an update, some character profiles. They're all temporary and rough, so I'm using these as more examples of different angles and dynamics.
Also, Some main characters. The two brothers. <3

brothers_by_lorsynth-daxw2fz.png

fgdfggfd_by_lorsynth-daxw2fs.png
dfdffsdfd_by_lorsynth-daxw2fp.png
fhhhfhhfhhg_by_lorsynth-daxw2fe.png
bengaar4_by_lorsynth-daxw2f2.png
bengaar_by_lorsynth-daxw2ex.png

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They are all really cool but my favorite is the middle one. I love the colours( I know, I'm a girly girl XD) but your artwork keeps getting better and more interesting by the minute! Good job!!

LxCharon

I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really love the first one and the last one, but they're all well done. Your art is so intriguing.

Last edited:

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
screenshot_5_by_lorsynth-day2lxl.png

I don't have much of an update today as I spent some time working more on my needs systems. At the moment it works, but it's cluggy. I've handled it all through eventing and the such as a quick trial run, and now that I'm happy with how it works I can start looking for bits and bobs that'll make it a little easier to set up and manage.
In HL there are two main 'needs' systems, the physical needs and the emotional 'needs'. The top set of course contains all the general stuff, eat, sleep, take care of yourself.
The bottom keeps track of how your character is doing emotionally. Generally you want to maintain your joy meter, while keeping the others low. As the build and fluctuate over time positive or negative effects start coming into play.
Hunger
Thirst
Energy
Hygiene
Health

Joy
Fear
Anger
Sadness
Disgust

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is really realistic, seems a great idea. I can't wait for a demo!

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I've been finishing up the interface! Though it doesn't look like much, yet. For me, I get super hung up on HUD elements, so it's always the first thing I want to get sorted. I've been paying a lot of attention to fine details which has taken up a lot of my time, but I think it'll be worth it at the end.

Once the base and movable pieces are all coloured I'll be able to get to work on animating it, flashing lights, tabs, scrolling text & news, character logs and small windows to check your stats, etc. All in all, I'm happy with its aesthetics and usability, it's easy to navigate and the tutorial I've laid out to explain all its features is still pretty short and neat, so I'm happy with that too.

I'm utilising a bunch of yanfly scripts now, which is making putting this all together absolute heaven. Easy as pie. Last time I did a lot of this there were so few scripts I handled the lot of it through eventing, variables and little call scripts. But that was back when vx launched. It makes me excited to think a lot of the elements I was expecting to be really difficult to implement now have a trove of support or scripts I can tweak and utilise.

Aaaaah, all this stuff!
fgfgffhfd_by_lorsynth-daya57l.png

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And here it is, still largely unfinished but it works and it's almost fully animated and such. You can change the colour through the interface menu, and customise some of your blips and do-dads.

Introductions are also in order, because you're also looking at an aportotech companion cheek monitor! <3

kkkkkko_by_lorsynth-dayefq5.png

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I was wondering if I read right in the menu the Aportotech! :p

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Everything is looking great so far, I can't wait for more. Really good work, everything is impressive, especially you making the player able to change the colours. I love customization, makes everything feel more personal. Keep it up!

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was wondering if I read right in the menu the Aportotech! :p
Aportotech is actually the leading company in companion androids. And this little guy is the concept of the player's custom aportotech.
screenshot_8_by_lorsynth-daywcz7.png
screenshot_12_by_lorsynth-daywizx.png

Everything is looking great so far, I can't wait for more. Really good work, everything is impressive, especially you making the player able to change the colours. I love customization, makes everything feel more personal. Keep it up!
It's something I love in games too, so I've tried to make it as tweakable as possible. Even the race and personality creation screen will give players a lot of freedom.
--
Also, some more stuff, since I'm in a rush.
screenshot_7_by_lorsynth-daywcz3.png
screenshot_10_by_lorsynth-daywd24.png
screenshot_9_by_lorsynth-daywczr.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracoonix