hppyniss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, this continues to look awesome. I am VERY into the needs system (this is a crazy effective way to pull me into a game for hours and hours...*ahem* thanks, Sims....)

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wish I could do flowers like that, I'm terrible at pixel art (which is bad since all my game graphics are made by me), and everything looks really futuristic, really cool. I have been looking at the last picture... I'm drawn to that beam... I wanna know what it is eheheh
Having the ability of creating such a unique character seems really cool. How will you define the personality? With a quiz or something else?
As always, great work and can't wait to see more!

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, this continues to look awesome. I am VERY into the needs system (this is a crazy effective way to pull me into a game for hours and hours...*ahem* thanks, Sims....)
Thank you! I've been playing around with needs systems for ages, and yes, thanks to sims, I'm absolutely obsessed with them. Which is why I really want to do it right!

I wish I could do flowers like that, I'm terrible at pixel art (which is bad since all my game graphics are made by me), and everything looks really futuristic, really cool. I have been looking at the last picture... I'm drawn to that beam... I wanna know what it is eheheh
Having the ability of creating such a unique character seems really cool. How will you define the personality? With a quiz or something else?
As always, great work and can't wait to see more!
Thank you! I think art is less skill and more expression, you can't mimic your own voice or personal style! <3
I wanted something a little more than players picking choices and getting a personality based on that, so I've been working on making it a little more dynamic by using the 16 personalities. The demo is basically the players youth, going through from reincarnation, birth to adulthood. During this tutorial type section everything the player does is kept track of, from examining things often to breaking item crates in particular order. Basically it'll track more personal traits as well as player choice, which will give players a much more specific to them type experience. This way players are given character personalities based on how they instinctively play vs how they consciously make decisions.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OMG that is awesome! I have to admit, that's really creative! Not a lot of people have such creativity, such imagination to do a complex game like that. Every time I watch your thread I'm constantly surprised by the things you show and tell. You, my friend, possess a rare talent. That I can tell.
I can't wait for the demo! (and yes, I'm addicted to sims too... I am not ashamed of it)

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OMG that is awesome! I have to admit, that's really creative! Not a lot of people have such creativity, such imagination to do a complex game like that. Every time I watch your thread I'm constantly surprised by the things you show and tell. You, my friend, possess a rare talent. That I can tell.
I can't wait for the demo! (and yes, I'm addicted to sims too... I am not ashamed of it)
Oh gosh, thank you so much, I never know how to respond to so much flattery. ;w;

I'm really hoping I can stick this project through, I'm worried ive added a lot of features I might not manage well but I've started and stopped so many projects because I'm worried about my ability to exacute them. I'm hoping by taking things slowly and with a little more somewhat forced confidence I'll be able to hit the demo mark pretty soon. Even if it's super basic.

I'd like to have a demo just showcasing the menus and interface up and running over the next few weeks, with maybe a few events to simulate how gameplay will work. Having such wonderful support really helps too, it helps my focus!

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Eh I'm telling the truth, it's really cool what you are making. But I agreed, go slowly, don't rush things up. I did that once and I screwed my project so bad I had to start from zero(that's why I stopped working on Eira for a little bit), but I'm sure that if you keep your focus you will be able to make a great game! Take your time, we will be waiting, no rush. Making the demo as a tutorial is a good idea, helps the player understand what's that and how does it works, what's it for, things like that. If you think that things are getting complicated don't give up, think about the people that have been supporting you, giving you ideas (and I am not talking just in this forum, but in the "Outside" world too), and do not think of them as pressure, think as motivation. Like I usually say, mistakes are the best way of learning, so don't be afraid. You are doing a great work, keep it up!

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, just quickly wanted to post this stuff before bed! It's all thrown together because I might be gone for a day or two. <3

-

The cool thing about HL is that you're not ever going to get what you expect. Using an alien world is pretty fun that way. So while all the other kids are out there fishing up trout you'll be fishing up alien sea monsters. Or while the other kids are eating peanut butter sandwiches you're munching down on fungus wrapped caterpillars dipped in coagulated bug juices. It's all fun stuff.

The point is, no matter what you're doing it's going to feel out of this world, because it is. You'll be exploring underwater worlds and cities surrounded by fungi, wandering through the wilds that feel more like a great reef. Tall whispy fronds, breathing plants, an interactive atmosphere complete with lights and sounds that feel and are nothing like what exists. Anyone can make a game about farming and exploring and saving the world, and I don't think I'll ever be able to compete with some of the absolutely incredible games out there, so I'm just going to be over here doing my own thing that's absolutely crazy and doesn't make sense and hope at the end of it it'll all come together in a way that works, so that you guys can enjoy it. Probably for like a buck 99 on steam or something. ;w;

screenshot_28_by_lorsynth-daz8y2u.png

Lorsynth is Felth's incorporeal deity, according to religious texts she created the universe to house her mental constructs, but she grew too fond of them. Many years of love and care triggered awareness among her most cherished constructs, after which came thought and feeling, they became tuned to her tender affections and thrived like fungus in a dark and humid room. From these initial constructs came the first lights. Glowing forms of thought that needed no conscious to fuel them. They began creating themselves, and soon in droves they multiplied, given strength beyond their means thanks to the greatness of their creator they dreamed the first stars and planets, the landscapes and sciences forming in blurred patches and refining in crystal clarity.

At the end of all creation Lorsynth gathered the droves of weary self creations and set them down to rest on the worlds they had brought to life, to give their conscious time to rest and appreciate their efforts, but the vividness of their world bound them, and without their strength they were helpless to escape. Lorsynth, feeling their stress like howling screams from within herself set free her initial constructs, who cleansed the world of existence, bringing the tired beings back to the safety of Lorsynth.

They thrived once more under her tender care, stretched thin among all her beings, but the constant barage of endless thoughts from one another wore thin among the connected. One by one they began withdrawing back to the world their life givers had destroyed, in desperate need of silence. There they were singular and defined, so they began defining themselves further. They gave themselves names and imagined their forms and over time with new strength began to rebuild the world anew from the inside.

Lorsynth, who saw no need to pull her children free from their imagined happiness left them to their own devices, giving them care only when they needed it and welcoming them home gently whenever one lost the strength to maintain a connection to their world. She welcomed the role of transitioner, bringing her tender children back to awareness, and helping them return effortlessly once they were confident enough to be reborn. This became an endless cycle throughout the ages, her endless care forever giving strength to her children on their quest to defining themselves.

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's all slowly coming together. All the menu type scenes are done, texturing and such aside, I won't flaunt them all yet so you'll need to take my word for it, but here's a peak on some of the wips.

I've been setting up a very fancy character creation scene, overhauled the title and links, tutorial etc.

I've set myself a deadline too, to have the interface demo finished by the 28th and up on the 1st. It's going to be quite flashy. <3

Wish me luck! I'm nervous~ Haha <3
screenshot_30_by_lorsynth-dazlpbq.png

The left is the tutorial select base, with the options; show me, guide me & free me. It also lets you start the game with a starter pack of items and foodstuffs.

The right is the gender select portion of the character creator, I decided to show the gender icons layer (I have alien gender stickmen I'm working on) so you can see the diversity and complexity I'm aiming for. I'm finding RPG Maker MV to be an incredible platform for storytelling, I'm just hoping above hope I have enough switches/variables and room in the database. My item count is already very hefty and I feel I've barely scratched the surface. ;-; Running out of room has always been a problem for me in all the RPG makers.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This really is fancy and like we say here in Portugal, it's all XPTO! Can't wait for the first of March then!
Everything will work out just fine, you will see. Break a leg!

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I couldn't afford my internet bill. Anyway, missed my demo deadline but here's some progress. There's more bits and bobs but just little stuff or incomplete things so I didn't bother chucking it all in.

It doesn't look like a whole lot to me, but it's getting there. All those dots are so time consuming. ;-; Most of the texture layers are done too, I just wont apply them properly until I'm absolutely happy with the bases. I chucked in a few for you guys to see, though.

I'll be doing some ******* stuff with this soon/eventually, to help fund scripts and graphics I need done. The race silhouettes you can see are pretty outdated, drawn by coyoteprince. (I'll link them to the main thread as soon as I have time! <3)

compilationhaillorsynth_by_lorsynth-db1goe1.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You should probably work on this picture if it is supposed to be the title screen; it looks like a rave party and the eyes get tired on it too fast.

Otherwise, it sounds like a very ambitious project. I'm curious to see how it works out in the end, but if you try to make it too spooky or too artsy, it might not resonate with a whole lot of people.

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You should probably work on this picture if it is supposed to be the title screen; it looks like a rave party and the eyes get tired on it too fast.

Otherwise, it sounds like a very ambitious project. I'm curious to see how it works out in the end, but if you try to make it too spooky or too artsy, it might not resonate with a whole lot of people.

This particular screenshot is already outdated, and I have plans on changing it considerably in the meantime, it was a rough slap together to give me an idea for what works and what doesn't. <3

---

I've been having a hard time of things lately, our shop was broken into and they stole all my external hard drives, which had everything I've ever done on the pc stored on them. It was a devastating blow.

The good news, for some unknown reason they didn't take the computer, which was sitting right beside my backpack (that contained all my usbs), so I still have a fairly large chunk of work left. I havn't been able to compile much for you guys, but here's some stuff that might interest you.

screenshot_36_by_lorsynth-db5a74o.png
screenshot_37_by_lorsynth-db5a769.png
vcbbvbcbc_by_lorsynth-db5a7ld.png
screenshot_43_by_lorsynth-db5a77d.png
screenshot_49_by_lorsynth-db5a79u.png
screenshot_47_by_lorsynth-db5a79n.png
screenshot_47_by_lorsynth-db5a79n.png
screenshot_54_by_lorsynth-db5a7b3.png
screenshot_57_by_lorsynth-db5a7bu.png
screenshot_59_by_lorsynth-db5a7co.png
screenshot_60_by_lorsynth-db5a7cv.png
screenshot_61_by_lorsynth-db5a7dz.png
screenshot_62_by_lorsynth-db5a7ej.png
screenshot_67_by_lorsynth-db5a7im.png
86b7f0334e69456c8d0b1a623ba0e9c3.png
dicks_by_lorsynth-db5b520.png

Last edited:

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm really sorry to hear about that. I hope the culprits are found and brought to justice.

This is excellent work, as always. I really like those first alien creatures! The menu is really awesome too!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
:(

My sympathies. Oh please! Type us that you had external drives you managed to hide with back-ups on! Off course USB are always great, depending on the frequencies you back-up on them.

Hope they don't steal (claim as theirs) your projects! On the other hand, if you got proof of concept OUTSIDE those drives, you can sue them for two things as market your own stuff as theirs will prove they were the guys who stole from you!

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm really sorry to hear about that. I hope the culprits are found and brought to justice.

This is excellent work, as always. I really like those first alien creatures! The menu is really awesome too!

Aaah! Thank you~ You're always so supportive! <3<3

:(

My sympathies. Oh please! Type us that you had external drives you managed to hide with back-ups on! Off course USB are always great, depending on the frequencies you back-up on them.

Hope they don't steal (claim as theirs) your projects! On the other hand, if you got proof of concept OUTSIDE those drives, you can sue them for two things as market your own stuff as theirs will prove they were the guys who stole from you!

They were my only copies, I lugged them all to work that day to take some backups off my pc and clear some space, and figured they'd be safe the night. I'm not overly stressed though, these things happen, and I can easily rewrite/redraw whatever I've lost over time. I think more than likely they're wiped or broken, they were pretty old and trashy ;-; I'd love to catch them doing something like that though! Haha.

In the meantime, I've been chugging through some more game work!

----------------
screenshot_75_by_lorsynth-db6hd27.png

This might not look like much, but I'm very proud of it. I tried a ton of time scripts, none of which were perfect for what I wanted to do, so I've set one up with switches, common events and variables, and it works flawlessly. It tracks seconds, minutes, hours, days, week days, months, years etc. There's a bunch more cool stuff added to it, and it's easy for me to work in all the fancy weather and temperature effects I'm planning. Unfortunately, the temperature system is giving me some grief, so I'm still tinkering, it mostly works, tracking differences in temperatures based on time, day/night, environment, season and weather. It just tends to hiccup, ugh.

I'd like to consider setting up a proper tumblr or blog to track development, because I tend to work on a lot of little things not really worth a proper update here. I'm just too indecisive. I do have a website almost up and running though! <3

Anyway, here's some of the info that goes along with the time stuff. <3

Seasons
Oronai, the rainy season. Alorne, a time of new growth, Ruruin the dry season, Tu Fourn when the leaves fall, Lilefa, the snowy season.

Year One
Northern Hemisphere - Oronai, Alorne, Ruruin, Tu Fourn, Lilefa
Southern Hemisphere - Oronai, Alorne, Al Ruruin, Al Tu Fourn, Al Lilefa

Year Two
Northern Hemisphere - Oronai, Alorne, Al Ruruin, Al Tu Fourn, Al Lilefa
Southern Hemisphere - Oronai, Alorne, Ruruin, Tu Fourn, Lilefa

Each season, 2 months, ten days each.

Morntus
Tundias
Werdus
Thuspas
Fesdus
Sutidas
Esundas

Oronai- Bashkmit, Pahox
Alorne- Alforua, Manthus,
Ruruin- Nothahk, Hastmus,
Tu Fourne- Bische, Muot,
Lilefa- Fischc, Frosk

Due to it's tilt on an Axis, Felth experiences a curious shift in seasons year to year. This shift in seasons manifests as a string of severe weather patterns that plague either the Northern or Southern hemisphere, and alternates back and forth each year. These harsh conditions happen during Ruruin, Tu Fourn, and Lilefa, as the planet's solar position and tilt favor one hemisphere to gain more mild seasons, while the other suffers the combined effects of celestial and global positioning. Though these harsh seasons have different results in various regions of the world, they share a similar name in all: Al-season. Al Ruruin, Al Tu Fourn, and Al Lilefa.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Bedbugs!!!

Hope you recover all from scratch. As a fellow creator, I don't even wish that kinda situation to even my worst foe.

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
screenshot_86_by_lorsynth-db86ggx.png

I've been working through it slowly, and came up with the idea to create a 'small' demo, and finally a proper mapping example, even though it's rough.

Also, lots of art.

fdsdfssfdsfd_by_lorsynth-db86fqy.png

HIIVE

85% Authentic Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ôOô (as in WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWwwwww~!)
Oh gosh, thanks ;w;

I'm still trying out new things, this is something of a trail tunnel deep underground in a Sirysian village of sorts. I've also tossed in a little bit of info about their race in the spoiler, just a taste.

Pouches
Sirysies have residual proof of pouches in their ancestry, the recessive gene of certain bloodlines will produce vertical false pouches on their lower abdomen. A slight ditch often concealed by two fatty folds of skin. Those effected by a recessive bloodline will often have misaligned or absent mammary glands bellow their second pair and/or excessive stomach fat & lining. Though somewhat unusual the invasive reconstruction surgery isn't worth the trouble, and those who posses a false pouch rarely have any difficulties. Infrequent, but common enough to be a fairly acceptable aspect of genetic mutation.

(False pouches would be shallow indentations that extend from above the mons pubis up to the diaphragm, often almost hairless (soft fur) and concealed by two fatty lump like folds. Sirysies born with FP can have varied birth defects, such as incomplete, fragmented or misaligned pouches. Malnourished mothers are more likely to produce offspring with FP, as are sickly mothers. Premature births sometimes result in FP as carriers of the gene will begin to form a pouch during fetal development, usually the system backtracks before birth.)

Temperature Regulation
Similar to their ancestors, Sirysies maintain a better temperature by cooling their forearms and thighs. In primitive times Sirysies would lick at their arms and legs, coating them in saliva that evaporates and keeps them cool. Now Sirysies make use of other methods, such as long lasting cremes, oils and cooling pads, more common during summer months or particularly hot autumn days. Children who still have trouble maintaining their temperature will often lick at their forearms or hands, a behavior that is frequently scolded, though most grow out of it on their own before adolescence.

Because of this Sirysies naturally produce more saliva when they overheat, drooling is a fairly common occurrence and Sirysies typically carry around swathes of fabric to wipe up the access, particularly around their masks. Drooling can also be a sign of drug detoxification, which is monitored closely in children. Heavy drooling on cooler days is usually the first sign a Sirysian hasn't been receiving enough smoke, usually a simple matter of mask calibration or a slight change in dosage.

Sweating
Sirysies don't sweat much unless they're severely ill, unmedicated or generally dying.

Dehydration
Dehydration is a serious threat and can creep up quickly, especially with young, old or sickly Sirysies. Excessive drooling uses up a lot of moisture reserves. The absence of drooling is usually a sign of advanced dehydration, often paired with delusions, aggression, weakness and fatigue.
screenshot_90_by_lorsynth-db8piu7.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracoonix