Status
Not open for further replies.

KireNoslen

Not Newbie
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I was wondering if it was possible for a character to lose all of their EXP (while still retaining their Level) when they die.

I'm pretty sure it's only possible to do this with scripting, and sadly scripts don't like me, and I don't like them. So if anyone happens to have a script for this, please explain things very slowly.

Thanks!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Level is based on EXP. So no, without scripting, it's not possible for them to lose all EXP and retain their level.

You COULD make them lose all their EXP towards the next level, which should be possible without too much difficulty. But if you want it to happen when they die, it would still need a script mod. Making them lose ALL their EXP and still keep their level would be a more extensive script mod.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you want to lose all EXP (that is, you are back to 0% exp to level) you can just increase level by 1 and then decrease level by 1.

You need to check for edge cases such as when you're level 1 or you're at max level (so you don't accidentally lose a level, or gain an extra level)

Last edited by a moderator:

KireNoslen

Not Newbie
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ Tsukihime

Wow, it worked, and the solution was so brilliantly simple, thanks Tsukihime!

@ Shaz

Sorry for not posting in the right spot.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.
Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.
Dawg.gifKhat.gif
I made two new friends today. I'm not sure which style I like the best..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobitydb