RMVXA Delta Origins - Rise of N.E.X.U.S. (V8.0.0) [On hold]

Should I improve what I have, or should I make more content?

• Total voters

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Thomas Smith That's also a good choice, those battlebacks look amazing! Like I said, it was just a small suggestion ^^
I tried making battlebacks like that once and they came out terribly. But maybe I will try again. I am trying to edit the RMXP battleback, the one that is a fire cave. (I have RMXP.) It looks pretty good, but I can't get it to work in Ace :headshake:

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New update! What it entails:
  1. Changed a couple of music tracks
  2. Changed battle transition
  3. Added a new battleback
  4. Slightly changed the look of one alien
  5. Added some dialogue with a somewhat intelligent alien after the boss, I will improve it later
  6. Changed the icon for the death state
  7. All aliens may now inflict the state Sick, which is like poison. The harder the alien, the more likely it will inflict the state.
Hope you enjoy the new update!

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A new update again.
  1. Logo at the beginning was changed.
  2. Menu got a complete revamp.
Tell me what you think about the two changes.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Next version is out.
  1. The appearance of the enemies was completely changed
  2. The dialogue at the start was changed somewhat.
EDIT: I also fixed a major game breaking bug.

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, the last version changed a lot of dialogue. I rather disliked my dialogue that I had at the beginning, so I am now changing it for the whole game! A new update:
  1. More dialogue changes
  2. Boss battle music was changed.
@Guiguimu
@Sauteed_Onion
@hiddenone
What do you guys think about the newest updates, as well as the new menu? The menu is featured in one of the screenshots.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been having a rough slog lately, I want to try it out but probably won't be able to for some time. Meow.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The changed dialogue helps, but I've noticed some new things that could be changed.
Since you want comments on the menu, I'll start with that. Honestly, I think there's too much going on on the main menu now. I don't think it's really necessary to know how many steps I've taken or how many battles or saves I've done on the main menu, and I'd prefer the party members status to take up the space instead. Currently the health bars a bit hard to read since the numbers cover up chunks of it, and status' don't show on the main menu which makes it difficult to judge how my team's doing with a quick glance.

I also had an issue the the selection graphic, it's pretty much just a red line at the top and bottom, and it's hard to see what's selected. It's pretty much completely hidden when selecting a party member, which makes it annoying when I'm trying to chose a certain person. If the graphic was completely colored (red or something that stands out) it would be easier to tell what I've selected in the menu.

While it didn't come into play during this demo, I think it'd be a good idea to decide how you're going to tell players what is they can interact with and what they can't. I only knew I could interact with the alien eggs because it was done in a screenshot, if I hadn't seen that then I probably wouldn't have tried since nothing else seems to do anything when I try to interact with it. Unfortunately players can't read minds, so it needs to be clear about what can be interacted with and what can't be (either by having the characters mention it, having the items be differently colored than other things, or even just having sparkles). There are a lot of ways you can do it, so maybe play around and figure out which way works best.

Battles were fine, I decided to grind to level 3 for everyone so the lavalite battle was pretty easy. I do have an issue with how enemies are highlighted when you're choosing who to attack though. Right now all enemies are highlighted, the difference being that the selected one is solidly highlighted while the non-selected flashes... Which is kinda confusing since the active party member is shown by flashing. Figuring out how to have only the selected enemy be highlighted (flashing or solid) could really help make it easier on the player. There's a minor thing that bothers me with the battle log, it says things like "Eridenus does Blast!" or "Pyxis does Salvage 1!" and it sounds odd to me. Replacing the 'does' with 'uses' would help.

Just a small graphic thing that's been annoying me, Ceres' bust hovers a pixel above the message box while the others all are flush. It's not really important, but if you adjusted it so it matched the others I think it'd look better.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The changed dialogue helps, but I've noticed some new things that could be changed.
Since you want comments on the menu, I'll start with that. Honestly, I think there's too much going on on the main menu now. I don't think it's really necessary to know how many steps I've taken or how many battles or saves I've done on the main menu, and I'd prefer the party members status to take up the space instead. Currently the health bars a bit hard to read since the numbers cover up chunks of it, and status' don't show on the main menu which makes it difficult to judge how my team's doing with a quick glance.

I also had an issue the the selection graphic, it's pretty much just a red line at the top and bottom, and it's hard to see what's selected. It's pretty much completely hidden when selecting a party member, which makes it annoying when I'm trying to chose a certain person. If the graphic was completely colored (red or something that stands out) it would be easier to tell what I've selected in the menu.

While it didn't come into play during this demo, I think it'd be a good idea to decide how you're going to tell players what is they can interact with and what they can't. I only knew I could interact with the alien eggs because it was done in a screenshot, if I hadn't seen that then I probably wouldn't have tried since nothing else seems to do anything when I try to interact with it. Unfortunately players can't read minds, so it needs to be clear about what can be interacted with and what can't be (either by having the characters mention it, having the items be differently colored than other things, or even just having sparkles). There are a lot of ways you can do it, so maybe play around and figure out which way works best.

Battles were fine, I decided to grind to level 3 for everyone so the lavalite battle was pretty easy. I do have an issue with how enemies are highlighted when you're choosing who to attack though. Right now all enemies are highlighted, the difference being that the selected one is solidly highlighted while the non-selected flashes... Which is kinda confusing since the active party member is shown by flashing. Figuring out how to have only the selected enemy be highlighted (flashing or solid) could really help make it easier on the player. There's a minor thing that bothers me with the battle log, it says things like "Eridenus does Blast!" or "Pyxis does Salvage 1!" and it sounds odd to me. Replacing the 'does' with 'uses' would help.

Just a small graphic thing that's been annoying me, Ceres' bust hovers a pixel above the message box while the others all are flush. It's not really important, but if you adjusted it so it matched the others I think it'd look better.
I will look into this. I fixed the last thing already, even though I have not uploaded the new demo with it.
Don't know about highlights in battle, it is done by script. I will see about it though. Battle log is very simple to fix.
Okay, I will tell the players about doing things to the eggs. Maybe add more interacting as well.
Menu - selecting things. That is a problem with the windowskin. I found a good windowskin that doesn't have that, but it has a major graphical error. I think I will have to leave that... Why do you want to see status on the main page? All you have to do is select Status... I prefer the new menu more. I am sorry, I am NOT a programmer, or at least not in Ruby. @Nicke made the menu script, maybe I will ask him about how to do it, or look more into the script instructions?
What I will fix - the very last error you said, the battle log and the alien egg interaction.
I will tell you one other thing. Characters are getting a major change. A very major change. You will have to wait for the next demo to see what it is, but it is very large!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! As someone who's currently working on a Sci-fi rpg game for RMVXace, this got me hooked!

I'm currently downloading it and I'll leave feedback when I can! :)

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow! As someone who's currently working on a Sci-fi rpg game for RMVXace, this got me hooked!

I'm currently downloading it and I'll leave feedback when I can! :)
Great. :)

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! Just played the demo and here is my feedback so far:

Pros:
- The Graphics and art-style are superb! I love the sci-fi tilesets being used here, really gave the feeling of being in an alien world. I also love the characters' art-work.
- Battles were pretty simple and are balanced to say the least. (I also love how Pyxis can salvage bandages from enemies, aliens do love bandages. xD)
- The concept of the story itself is pretty interesting and unique.
- The menu was very detailed and is pretty well-made for a sci-fi RPG. (Though I have some issues with it that Ill mention on the Cons.)
- Characters are quite funny and has good potential to become memorable ones.

Cons:
- The Pacing - As I said, the concept of the story is really interesting, but the pacing was really hard to keep up. It's just a minor complaint. xD It just felt like the game was in a hurry to progress the story-line. It felt forced, even.
- The menu was great, but my only tiny complain is that it can really be difficult to navigate, because the cursor/highlight is a very tiny red line. This was probably mentioned already, but I just thought I'd also share in this experience. xD

Overall, it was a very interesting play and I think it has great potentials! :) The game was able to capture the mood of a sci-fi planet very well! :)

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! Just played the demo and here is my feedback so far:

Pros:
- The Graphics and art-style are superb! I love the sci-fi tilesets being used here, really gave the feeling of being in an alien world. I also love the characters' art-work.
- Battles were pretty simple and are balanced to say the least. (I also love how Pyxis can salvage bandages from enemies, aliens do love bandages. xD)
- The concept of the story itself is pretty interesting and unique.
- The menu was very detailed and is pretty well-made for a sci-fi RPG. (Though I have some issues with it that Ill mention on the Cons.)
- Characters are quite funny and has good potential to become memorable ones.

Cons:
- The Pacing - As I said, the concept of the story is really interesting, but the pacing was really hard to keep up. It's just a minor complaint. xD It just felt like the game was in a hurry to progress the story-line. It felt forced, even.
- The menu was great, but my only tiny complain is that it can really be difficult to navigate, because the cursor/highlight is a very tiny red line. This was probably mentioned already, but I just thought I'd also share in this experience. xD

Overall, it was a very interesting play and I think it has great potentials! :) The game was able to capture the mood of a sci-fi planet very well! :)
Yup I know the menu cursor problem. That's an error with the windowskin that I can't fix :( :( :( I'll try to fix the story concept, I am actually working actively on that already!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, I see! Well, it's quite alright. It's just a tiny problem anyway which can easily be fixed with minor photo-edit. Overall, I think the game's going a good direction and I wish you luck on the completion of this. :D

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, I see! Well, it's quite alright. It's just a tiny problem anyway which can easily be fixed with minor photo-edit. Overall, I think the game's going a good direction and I wish you luck on the completion of this. :D
I tried photo editing it and it actually came out terribly! ;_;

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, it's nothing for you to get worked up on anyway. xDD As long as you keep a steady pace with the game, all will be good. I'm sure you'll find a solution for it eventually along the way! Just keep going! :D

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi. Just wanted to make it clear that this game has NOT been forsaken! Huge update coming soon, and I even have someone doing writing for me! :o So stay tuned.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you just implement Yanfly Free Turn battle and a sideview? I thought u gonna use default frontview from the last time I checked. So hard to find a game with Yanfly FTB these day, and the battle could be fun if you could do it properly.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you just implement Yanfly Free Turn battle and a sideview? I thought u gonna use default frontview from the last time I checked. So hard to find a game with Yanfly FTB these day, and the battle could be fun if you could do it properly.
I sure did :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.
Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madoke44