RMVXA Delta Origins - Rise of N.E.X.U.S. (V8.0.0) [On hold]

Should I improve what I have, or should I make more content?

• Total voters

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's exactly what I'm thinking when I decided upon changing my game's icon xDD

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yay! It's another update! Here is what it has:
  1. It now includes a new scene at the beginning. Eridanus comes back for a short appearance, but only a small one, as the commander.
Nothing else, but I was really excited to release this!
@BrandedTales wrote the scene :D

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yup! Very nice intro indeed, at least we got to know how the characters met and why they were assigned together! :D I also love the new battle music, sounds a lot more intimidating and fitting to the current setting in the demo. :)

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yup! Very nice intro indeed, at least we got to know how the characters met and why they were assigned together! :D I also love the new battle music, sounds a lot more intimidating and fitting to the current setting in the demo. :)
Yes, I love the new battle music :)
Glad you liked the intro!

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Another update is coming soon. It's not out yet, but here is what it WILL have.
  1. More dialogue and content!
  2. Improvements on the current dialogue (maybe)
  3. A new map for the spaceship
  4. And maybe more :)

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow!!! That new ship looks awesome!! Now it looks more like a cozy place for the party to go back in and forth. ^_^ I am excited to play with that ship! XD

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Thomas Smith Looks good! Seems like a map you'll be coming back to a lot, so it's a definite must to make it look like it holds significant importance.
Wow!!! That new ship looks awesome!! Now it looks more like a cozy place for the party to go back in and forth. ^_^ I am excited to play with that ship! XD
Thanks, both of you! ^^

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Give us tehhh new demoooo!!! >.< hahaha just kidding, don't be pressured lol! xD But yeah, I'm very excited to try the new version :)

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Give us tehhh new demoooo!!! >.< hahaha just kidding, don't be pressured lol! xD But yeah, I'm very excited to try the new version :)
It'll be out soon, don't worry! ^_^

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Starmage and @msazako! I have a new demo for you!
Here is what it entails.
  1. Changed the map for the Falcon S7.
  2. Changed download to a ZIP file. Not everyone has WinRAR :)
  3. Attached a guide on how to run the game on a Mac computer. The link to it can be found on this project thread, under the "Demo" section.
  4. Added more game content! The demo ends after...
    talking to the alien with the white skin after Andromeda is captured.
So what do you think?

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Thomas Smith All I could really say is to continue the story some more haha. Do you at least have a roadmap of your development process? Would be awesome to see what to expect at a certain date.

Some of my nitpicks:
Are they going to use that mech that's sitting near the crates at some point? Or did it become dysfunctional when they landed? Lmao!

Also this:

Other than that, I'm looking forward to some more content!

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Thomas Smith All I could really say is to continue the story some more haha. Do you at least have a roadmap of your development process? Would be awesome to see what to expect at a certain date.

Some of my nitpicks:
Are they going to use that mech that's sitting near the crates at some point? Or did it become dysfunctional when they landed? Lmao!

Also this:

Other than that, I'm looking forward to some more content!
First of all - yes, I am working on the story in a Word document. When it is done, I will show you.
I don't know about that mech. XD Maybe I should remove it, it has no purpose.
Yes, I know about that issue with the crates. The characters are a tad bit taller than the default characters, so that happens. :( Maybe I will make the characters smaller, or else find a script to fix that. I found a couple of plugins for MV that would fix it, but none for Ace. ;_;

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Thomas Smith The sprites are fine. Just that the top part of the crates don't necessarily need to be on the foreground. Either that or increase their heights so people wouldn't have to stumble across that immersion-breaking problem. Just my 2 cents.

I was gonna suggest, if you have mech sprites, to use them as vehicles at some point (I actually plan to do that for Lie of Caelum haha). It's okay if you don't have to. This is only an idea.

And I don't mind reading the story for the game. I've always wondered how other people approach fantasy sci-fi genres with their creative input!

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Thomas Smith The sprites are fine. Just that the top part of the crates don't necessarily need to be on the foreground. Either that or increase their heights so people wouldn't have to stumble across that immersion-breaking problem. Just my 2 cents.

I was gonna suggest, if you have mech sprites, to use them as vehicles at some point (I actually plan to do that for Lie of Caelum haha). It's okay if you don't have to. This is only an idea.

And I don't mind reading the story for the game. I've always wondered how other people approach fantasy sci-fi genres with their creative input!
Okay ^_^ But I don't understand what you mean when you say that the top part of the crates doesn't have to be on the foreground.

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Thomas Smith Generally speaking...

These parts don't have to be "star" tiles, meaning, you can put them as impassable so players won't have to deal with them looking funky and overlapping their heads. Since you're now using a non-pixel based movement, it's safe to do that kinda thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip
I really need to stop sidetracking sometimes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waybinary