RMVXA Delta Origins - Rise of N.E.X.U.S. (V8.0.0)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Nightblade50, Jan 20, 2018.

?

Should I improve what I have, or should I make more content?

1. Improve what you have!

69.6%
  2. Make more content!

30.4%
  1. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tried making battlebacks like that once and they came out terribly. But maybe I will try again. I am trying to edit the RMXP battleback, the one that is a fire cave. (I have RMXP.) It looks pretty good, but I can't get it to work in Ace :headshake:

Guiguimu and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  2. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    New update! What it entails:
    1. Changed a couple of music tracks
    2. Changed battle transition
    3. Added a new battleback
    4. Slightly changed the look of one alien
    5. Added some dialogue with a somewhat intelligent alien after the boss, I will improve it later
    6. Changed the icon for the death state
    7. All aliens may now inflict the state Sick, which is like poison. The harder the alien, the more likely it will inflict the state.
    Hope you enjoy the new update!

4. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A new update again.
    1. Logo at the beginning was changed.
    2. Menu got a complete revamp.
    Tell me what you think about the two changes.

5. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Next version is out.
    1. The appearance of the enemies was completely changed
    2. The dialogue at the start was changed somewhat.
    EDIT: I also fixed a major game breaking bug.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  6. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So, the last version changed a lot of dialogue. I rather disliked my dialogue that I had at the beginning, so I am now changing it for the whole game! A new update:
    1. More dialogue changes
    2. Boss battle music was changed.
    @Guiguimu
    @Sauteed_Onion
    @hiddenone
    What do you guys think about the newest updates, as well as the new menu? The menu is featured in one of the screenshots.

Sauteed_Onion and Guiguimu like this.
  7. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have been having a rough slog lately, I want to try it out but probably won't be able to for some time. Meow.

8. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay. You can look at the screenshot though for the menu.

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  9. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The changed dialogue helps, but I've noticed some new things that could be changed.
    Since you want comments on the menu, I'll start with that. Honestly, I think there's too much going on on the main menu now. I don't think it's really necessary to know how many steps I've taken or how many battles or saves I've done on the main menu, and I'd prefer the party members status to take up the space instead. Currently the health bars a bit hard to read since the numbers cover up chunks of it, and status' don't show on the main menu which makes it difficult to judge how my team's doing with a quick glance.

I also had an issue the the selection graphic, it's pretty much just a red line at the top and bottom, and it's hard to see what's selected. It's pretty much completely hidden when selecting a party member, which makes it annoying when I'm trying to chose a certain person. If the graphic was completely colored (red or something that stands out) it would be easier to tell what I've selected in the menu.

While it didn't come into play during this demo, I think it'd be a good idea to decide how you're going to tell players what is they can interact with and what they can't. I only knew I could interact with the alien eggs because it was done in a screenshot, if I hadn't seen that then I probably wouldn't have tried since nothing else seems to do anything when I try to interact with it. Unfortunately players can't read minds, so it needs to be clear about what can be interacted with and what can't be (either by having the characters mention it, having the items be differently colored than other things, or even just having sparkles). There are a lot of ways you can do it, so maybe play around and figure out which way works best.

Battles were fine, I decided to grind to level 3 for everyone so the lavalite battle was pretty easy. I do have an issue with how enemies are highlighted when you're choosing who to attack though. Right now all enemies are highlighted, the difference being that the selected one is solidly highlighted while the non-selected flashes... Which is kinda confusing since the active party member is shown by flashing. Figuring out how to have only the selected enemy be highlighted (flashing or solid) could really help make it easier on the player. There's a minor thing that bothers me with the battle log, it says things like "Eridenus does Blast!" or "Pyxis does Salvage 1!" and it sounds odd to me. Replacing the 'does' with 'uses' would help.

Just a small graphic thing that's been annoying me, Ceres' bust hovers a pixel above the message box while the others all are flush. It's not really important, but if you adjusted it so it matched the others I think it'd look better.

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  10. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I will look into this. I fixed the last thing already, even though I have not uploaded the new demo with it.
    Don't know about highlights in battle, it is done by script. I will see about it though. Battle log is very simple to fix.
    Okay, I will tell the players about doing things to the eggs. Maybe add more interacting as well.
    Menu - selecting things. That is a problem with the windowskin. I found a good windowskin that doesn't have that, but it has a major graphical error. I think I will have to leave that... Why do you want to see status on the main page? All you have to do is select Status... I prefer the new menu more. I am sorry, I am NOT a programmer, or at least not in Ruby. @Nicke made the menu script, maybe I will ask him about how to do it, or look more into the script instructions?
    What I will fix - the very last error you said, the battle log and the alien egg interaction.
    I will tell you one other thing. Characters are getting a major change. A very major change. You will have to wait for the next demo to see what it is, but it is very large!

11. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wow! As someone who's currently working on a Sci-fi rpg game for RMVXace, this got me hooked!

I'm currently downloading it and I'll leave feedback when I can! :)

12. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Great. :)

13. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello! Just played the demo and here is my feedback so far:

Pros:
    - The Graphics and art-style are superb! I love the sci-fi tilesets being used here, really gave the feeling of being in an alien world. I also love the characters' art-work.
    - Battles were pretty simple and are balanced to say the least. (I also love how Pyxis can salvage bandages from enemies, aliens do love bandages. xD)
    - The concept of the story itself is pretty interesting and unique.
    - The menu was very detailed and is pretty well-made for a sci-fi RPG. (Though I have some issues with it that Ill mention on the Cons.)
    - Characters are quite funny and has good potential to become memorable ones.

Cons:
    - The Pacing - As I said, the concept of the story is really interesting, but the pacing was really hard to keep up. It's just a minor complaint. xD It just felt like the game was in a hurry to progress the story-line. It felt forced, even.
    - The menu was great, but my only tiny complain is that it can really be difficult to navigate, because the cursor/highlight is a very tiny red line. This was probably mentioned already, but I just thought I'd also share in this experience. xD

Overall, it was a very interesting play and I think it has great potentials! :) The game was able to capture the mood of a sci-fi planet very well! :)

14. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yup I know the menu cursor problem. That's an error with the windowskin that I can't fix :( :( :( I'll try to fix the story concept, I am actually working actively on that already!

15. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh, I see! Well, it's quite alright. It's just a tiny problem anyway which can easily be fixed with minor photo-edit. Overall, I think the game's going a good direction and I wish you luck on the completion of this. :D

Nightblade50 likes this.
  16. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tried photo editing it and it actually came out terribly! ;_;

17. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, it's nothing for you to get worked up on anyway. xDD As long as you keep a steady pace with the game, all will be good. I'm sure you'll find a solution for it eventually along the way! Just keep going! :D

Nightblade50 likes this.
  18. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi. Just wanted to make it clear that this game has NOT been forsaken! Huge update coming soon, and I even have someone doing writing for me! :o So stay tuned.

Mimironi likes this.
  19. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Did you just implement Yanfly Free Turn battle and a sideview? I thought u gonna use default frontview from the last time I checked. So hard to find a game with Yanfly FTB these day, and the battle could be fun if you could do it properly.

20. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I sure did :D