RMVXA Delta Origins - Rise of N.E.X.U.S. (V8.0.0)

Should I improve what I have, or should I make more content?

• Total voters

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, something else I forgot to say!
At update 5.2.0 (I think) I changed the sound effects that will play in the menu. Credit to "Lokif".

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, I'll just put in a quick update.
  1. More speech bubbles were changed. Every bubble that appears in game, almost all that may appear later.
These speech bubbles make me very happy when I see them :)

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bump.
Update coming soon, I think...

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey there! Was interested in trying out your game and almost missed the demo download link because the image is missing from your thread! ^_^ Just thought I'd let you know. Anywho, I'm gonna try it out and share my thoughts with you when I'm done.

picmissing.png

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there! Was interested in trying out your game and almost missed the demo download link because the image is missing from your thread! ^_^ Just thought I'd let you know. Anywho, I'm gonna try it out and share my thoughts with you when I'm done.

View attachment 88304
Just reload the page to fix that. It's a problem with the forum software. If it says something like "Demo.png" then reload the page. If it says "
" then reload the page.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Heya, just finished the current demo. Here is some feedback for you! ^_^
Delta Origins:
  • Intro with scrolling text. Font color is hard to read and it was a bit fast, so I couldn't read it all in time.
  • Transition from intro to the spaceship was a little confusing, I didn’t even know they had gotten on the ship and left yet. Maybe add another little scene where they board the ship?
  • Reaction to Earth blowing up felt a little flat/rushed. There is a lot of potential in that scene though.
Battle Tutorial
  • I’d get rid of the “fight, escape” part of the tutorial, that sort of thing is a little redundant as most people can figure out what the two mean already :p
  • Explaining the “gears” and how they effect turns was good though, I’d keep that part.
Battles
  • Pandora and Andromeda are fairly useless compared to Nova in terms of damage and utility for the most part. 9 out of 10 times I just used Nova to attack and rarely ever used Pandora. Andromeda was useful sometimes because she could find items for the team, so she at least had some use. Until Pandora got headshot, I rarely used up a turn on her, even even after she got headshot, I only ever used her if she had the TP (or whatever the resource was called) to use it.
  • Encounter rates in the cave are a little too high. There were times that I would get in a fight after only taking like 2-3 steps.
Misc
  • Eggs. If you pick up any of the eggs while Nova and Pandora are sleeping, it still says “Pandora is furious” which doesn’t make much sense since she’s asleep :p
  • Same deal, later on after Andromeda goes missing. If you pick up an egg, it says Andromeda is delighted even though she’s not there :p

Overall 1st impression:
+ Great music
+ Battles seem balanced well
+ Dialogue is pretty good.
+ Story is interesting enough.
+ I like the party dynamics and how they interact with each other.
- There are some grammatical errors, but I’m sure you’ll get to that eventually.
- A bit more fleshing out the intro can help you really feel the emotions of the characters when Earth gets blown up.
- Encounter rates in the cave were a little high, but, to be fair, your battles are quick and well-balanced, so kudos on that!

"Nova, you of all people should know you CAN'T decide someone's merit" - Typo I think?
Feedbackpic1.png

The passability on this tile is a little weird
Feedbackpic2.png

You said "where do we search?" twice.
'Feedbackpic3.png

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
  • Intro with scrolling text. Font color is hard to read and it was a bit fast, so I couldn't read it all in time.
Okay, I'll see about changing that.
Transition from intro to the spaceship was a little confusing, I didn’t even know they had gotten on the ship and left yet. Maybe add another little scene where they board the ship?
Great idea. I'll fix that.
Reaction to Earth blowing up felt a little flat/rushed. There is a lot of potential in that scene though.
I know. It's extremely hard to convey enough emotion here without too much emotion. I'm still working on improving that scene...
I’d get rid of the “fight, escape” part of the tutorial, that sort of thing is a little redundant as most people can figure out what the two mean already :p
Hmm, I think I'll just make that part optional.
Explaining the “gears” and how they effect turns was good though, I’d keep that part.
Great :)
Pandora and Andromeda are fairly useless compared to Nova in terms of damage and utility for the most part. 9 out of 10 times I just used Nova to attack and rarely ever used Pandora. Andromeda was useful sometimes because she could find items for the team, so she at least had some use. Until Pandora got headshot, I rarely used up a turn on her, even even after she got headshot, I only ever used her if she had the TP (or whatever the resource was called) to use it.
I think I'll make Pandora's Scan ability make the enemies have even less defense than it already causes. Then Nova will be able to kill them even more quickly, but I'll make Nova weaker. Then he will have to depend on Pandora.
Encounter rates in the cave are a little too high. There were times that I would get in a fight after only taking like 2-3 steps.
I'll reduce the encounter rate.
  • Eggs. If you pick up any of the eggs while Nova and Pandora are sleeping, it still says “Pandora is furious” which doesn’t make much sense since she’s asleep :p
  • Same deal, later on after Andromeda goes missing. If you pick up an egg, it says Andromeda is delighted even though she’s not there :p
Oops! That will be easy to fix, however. :kaoswt2:
"Nova, you of all people should know you CAN'T decide someone's merit" - Typo I think?
Correct. I will fix that.
The passability on this tile is a little weird
That was a mistake, I fixed that already, just haven't realeased the new demo with that fixed.
You said "where do we search?" twice.
Ack! Will fix that.

Anyway, thanks so much for all the feedback. It was a lot, and it will take me a while to do it all, but it will get done!
+ Great music
+ Battles seem balanced well
+ Dialogue is pretty good.
+ Story is interesting enough.
+ I like the party dynamics and how they interact with each other.
- There are some grammatical errors, but I’m sure you’ll get to that eventually.
- A bit more fleshing out the intro can help you really feel the emotions of the characters when Earth gets blown up.
- Encounter rates in the cave were a little high, but, to be fair, your battles are quick and well-balanced, so kudos on that!
Judging from this, it seems like you generally liked the game. Correct?

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New version is out :)
  1. Changed the intro window at the beginning.
  2. Added a very small scene where they get on the ship.
  3. Removed a part of the tutorial.
  4. Made Nova slightly weaker and Pandora's Scan ability is now stronger.
  5. Reduced encounter rates.
  6. Fixed an issue with the eggs.
  7. Fixed a passability issue.
  8. Fixed a dialogue issue.
Thanks to @Fernyfer775 for pointing out these issues :D

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New update, version 7.0.0:
  1. Changed title screen
  2. Changed character appearance dramatically
  3. Added mouse script
  4. Changed battle music
  5. Change boss music
  6. Changed music at the beginning scene
  7. Changed the battler script until new battlers are created

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bumping this to the top. ^_^

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there Thomas. So, I finally got around to giving this demo a try. Hopefully, I got the most updated version. Anyway, here's one of my Omni Reviews for you:

Storyline: It's interesting. The characters go out to explore the galaxy, hopefully finding a suitable new place for earthlings to live. Well, that is they would be if the earth hadn't blown up minutes after they took off. Actually, we really don't know what actually happened to the earth, as it's never really presented on screen, save for a lone comment about how it isn't there.

Whatever the case, I think the storyline moves a bit too fast. There isn't too much of a build up between getting their orders and then flying in space. I would have like to have learned about the Commander a bit more, (Perhaps he will be included in future expansions).

The plotline though is pretty cool and I wonder what is in store for the characters.

The Characters: I have to say this off the bat: I really don't like Pandora. I don't anyone that stuck up that they demand to have someone move out of a chair when there is a perfectly empty seat right next to it. But she is also all talk and no show. For some reason, I thought Nova was a girl for a few moments, though I was quickly proven otherwise. I really don't have anything to say about Andromeda.

Can I say that I actually prefer the mysterious alien over them? He at least has some morals and some better dialogue. :hswt:

The Battle System

I just hit Enter repeatedly to speed up the fights. Worked on boss battles too. I did feed them a bandage every once in a while.

The Menu/User Interface

It feels Sci-Fi, which is definitely great. Though maybe I would ditch the high pitched noises, like when you make a selection, as it's kind of annoying. Maybe a lower volume will do it.

The Environment

I feel like there should actually be more parts to the actual spaceship. Unless they'll be spending most of their time on this planet. Consider adding a few more rooms- Crew Quarters, A mess hall and kitchen, and then the actual things like an Engine room and the Bridge. That being said, the Sci-Fi shown here is amazing. The lava planet is also nicely done, though I did feel like it was hard to avoid the lava tiles at times.

Conclusion: It's a great start to a promising game. I think if you draw the story out a bit more and maybe add some character development, it will be amazing. The Battle system can probably get better with additional skills (maybe a healing skill or some such). And man...Pandora sure does look different when starting Chapter 2.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you think Nova is a girl, you may not have the most updated version!!!!
Does Nova look like my profile picture?
If not, get the new version :kaoswt:

The commander appears close to the end. :)
I'm glad you like the plotline! I tried to make it unique. :D
I know, Pandora wasn't supposed to be likeable... You liked the mysterious alien more? I see. O.O
So, battle system was boring? I improved it recently, see my first comment.
Thanks, I'll see about the sounds.
I didn't want to make the ship too big - it burns to a crisp later. ;)
Okay I'll remove some of the lava titles.
Menu and interface was good? Great to hear!!!!
Yes I should add a kitchen but it wasn't in the tiles. :( Some heavy editing for me, maybe...?

So I'm happy you like the game...
Conclusion: It's a great start to a promising game. I think if you draw the story out a bit more and maybe add some character development, it will be amazing.
...and I will see about what you talked about!!

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I played the one with your avatar/picture in it so I assume it was the most current one.

You say that the ship is destroyed early on, so I guess that sorta makes it moot. I was hoping that they would tho.

I don't know..to me Pandora seems a bit...fake. Her shot at Nova's parents and her wanting to hit Andromeda didn't exactly make things easier.

Btw, who does your character models? I'd like to have some of own work done.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, I played the one with your avatar/picture in it so I assume it was the most current one.

You say that the ship is destroyed early on, so I guess that sorta makes it moot. I was hoping that they would tho.

I don't know..to me Pandora seems a bit...fake. Her shot at Nova's parents and her wanting to hit Andromeda didn't exactly make things easier.

Btw, who does your character models? I'd like to have some of own work done.
Sorry I didn't get an alert for your message~!! :(
1. Okay great :)
2. I may add a kitchen, because Pandora mentions cooking several times. Other than that, nothing.
3. I like her as she is.
4. It's from a DLC :rswt

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update!!! :D
  1. Changed Pandora's appearance.
  2. Changed class from "Spy" to "Sniper".
  3. Changed a small amount of the dialogue at the beginning to show that Pandora is a sniper, not a biologist.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A new update to the game is here. :kaojoy:
  1. Fixed some instances of the wrong bust appearing for Pandora.
  2. Changed menu layout to show busts, partly thanks to @A-Moonless-Night.
  3. Changed intro music to have drums.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Played the demo today, here is my notes:

Overall, I felt it was well done. It shows a lot of polish for the first chapter, which is good.

Bugs:
-When I searched the secret wall, the wrong bust showed for Pandora.
-When I fought the 2nd boss, they said something about Encyclopedia is still alive and then Andromedia went I am? Wrong name there, and the dialogue just didn't seem to make sense to me either.

Suggestions:
-The menu SE is way too loud compared to the rest of the game. I had to turn SE down to 80% just to hear the battle music over it. May want to lower the default volume of it.
-I'm not a fan of bosses getting 3 turns, as bad RNG on who they attack can end the battle in no time. Maybe drop the turns and power up the attacks a little instead?
-I did once get a random battle really soon after a random battle. You may want to script in a fix to that, as RPGMaker has nothing to stop it from having a battle 1 step after a previous battle. I think there is a fix already on the ACE script forums though I don't know where to find it off the top of my head.

Other:
Nice hud for the main map. How did you do that?

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bgillisp Thanks for reviewing and I'm happy you liked it!
-When I searched the secret wall, the wrong bust showed for Pandora.
Thanks. I found and fixed a few others like that before releasing what you played.
-When I fought the 2nd boss, they said something about Encyclopedia is still alive and then Andromedia went I am? Wrong name there, and the dialogue just didn't seem to make sense to me either.
I'll look into it.
-The menu SE is way too loud compared to the rest of the game. I had to turn SE down to 80% just to hear the battle music over it. May want to lower the default volume of it.
Okay, I will.
-I'm not a fan of bosses getting 3 turns, as bad RNG on who they attack can end the battle in no time. Maybe drop the turns and power up the attacks a little instead?
Two turns then? And I will increase attack slightly.
-I did once get a random battle really soon after a random battle. You may want to script in a fix to that, as RPGMaker has nothing to stop it from having a battle 1 step after a previous battle. I think there is a fix already on the ACE script forums though I don't know where to find it off the top of my head.
Okay, I'll look for that script.
Nice hud for the main map. How did you do that?
Galv's explorer HUD script.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for that info! One of my side projects needs a hud to work well, I'll check out Galv's.

Also you might want to see what others think of the 3 attack bosses before making a change, as that is just my opinion. And no matter what you do with a game, you won't please everyone who plays it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galewings