RMVXA Delta Origins - Rise of Nexus (V7.3.0)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Nightblade50, Jan 20, 2018.

?

Should I improve what I have, or should I make more content?

1. Improve what you have!

65.0%
  2. Make more content!

35.0%
  1. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    logo1.png
    The future is now, and now is the future.
    Note: This game may contain a small amount of mild language. Also one of the characters has a somewhat suggestive outfit.
    Hello people! I see you saw my thread and got interested...so I will jump right in! :wink:

If you would like to support me, please put this badge in your signature. :smile:
    [​IMG]
    (Credits for the text go to https://cooltext.com/. Credits for the face go to Frontier Works.)

I am currently in need of somebody willing to do three animated actor battlers for this game. The details can be found here. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/i-need-three-animated-battlers.94652/ And I have a Discord server for this game. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/f7jam7K

I would love it if you would give me feedback. I want to know how I can make this better, and I am sure there are some bugs in it that I completely missed that one of you guys might be able to help me with. :biggrin:

A lot of the game takes place on a fictious planet of fire and sulfur, and the planet is named Neplounides. That is the name I thought of for it, even though it will not be seen for a while in game.
    Credits.png
    Special Thanks to @Sauteed_Onion, for his willing assistance toward this project, including making amazing music, and for his constant support of it.
    Special Thanks to @Jchurch9, for his work on the writing for the game. He is working actively on it and it sounds great!
    Special Thanks to @Puruiro, who made a fabulous battleback for my game.
    Special Thanks to @Starmage, who made amazing battlers for my game.

Avery
    Hyde
    Sixth
    Andinator
    Dekita
    McTricky
    Neon Black
    ShinGamix
    Kevvviiinnn
    PandaMaru
    Allusion
    Apoc
    Usui
    TheBrogrammer
    OCS
    Yanfly
    Moghunter
    Nicke
    KilloZapit
    Galv
    TheTrueCyprien
    TheoAllen
    Maker Systems - RPG Maker Source
    Kadokawa/Enterbrain
    CoolText
    GaryCXJk
    Tsukihime
    Matseb2611
    Celianna
    Sherman3D
    Soichi
    Jet
    Ms Littlefish
    Rabosion
    NoiseForFun.com (for a couple of sound effects)
    wanderer-arts (game icon)
    BrandedTales
    Firb
    Darren Curtis
    Lokif
    Guiguimu
    SmashArtist
    Victor Sant
    NeoFantasy
    DianteC
    A Moonless Night (@A-Moonless-Night)

Animations Pack II: Quantum
    [Copyright](C) Degica, Co. LTD
    Resource creators: Andy Chen

Sci-Fi Tiles Resource Pack
    [Copyright](C) 2014 ENTERBRAIN, INC;
    creator: Sherman3D

Sci-Fi Battlebacks
    [Copyright](C) 2014 DEGICA, LLC
    Artist: Michael Galefire

Sci-Fi Characters and Music by Frontier Works
    [Copyright]
    (C) 2014 Frontier Works
    Distributed and published by DEGICA Co., LTD
    Screenshots.png
    Screenshot1.PNG Screenshot2.PNG Screenshot3.PNG Screenshot4.PNG Screenshot5.PNG Screenshot6.PNG
    Story.png
    At the start of all, the beginning of everything that is, was, and will be, things were created. Not all of these creations are on Earth. Ever since man had thought, man had wondered about what the universe had hidden within its vast, cold expanse. What might be there, past the sea of shining stars. Desires like these have burned in the bellies of humankind, leading to discovery after discovery.

Man has uncovered more than could ever be counted. Finally, after so many turned to dust, burning away in the flames, chasing after the secrets of the universe, man’s dream has finally come true. Man has unlocked the door of the stars.

It is the year 3018. Earth has placed their hopes in three brave explorers; hoping they can find and charter the mysteries of the universe. They are to find new planets, to explore them, to learn them, to charter them. Their names are Nova, Pandora, and Andromeda.

And this is their ship.

The Falcon S7.

Earth is destroyed by an unknown object as they argue on their ship. They decide to make a time machine to take them back to before Earth was destroyed and warn Earth about the coming danger. Time travel is complex! :confused:
    Characters.png
    The background in the character images is by Guiguimu.
    Pandora
    the proud and selfish one
    Pandora2.png
    Every game has to have one character who is selfish, rude, and mean. Pandora is a good example of that. She was raised spoiled, and she has never really grown out of that.
    Nova
    the cool and collected
    Nova.png
    Nova is rather a lonely man. He tries to do what is right, and acts calm in most situations. His parents were shot when he was young and he grew up on the streets.
    Andromeda
    shy and kind!
    Andromeda.png
    Andromeda is different from both the other characters. She is shy but very kind and generous, and tries to find the good in everything.
    Demo.png
    WARNING: FOR WINDOWS ONLY. IF YOU ARE USING MAC, A GUIDE CAN BE FOUND FURTHER DOWN.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kgXb4snY9-CyIIBOG8ct3Y13gZQsyagh
    Demo lasts until...
    ...until Chapter 2 begins. It will be obvious when that happens.
    IF YOU ARE USING A MAC COMPUTER, FOLLOW THE GUIDE BELOW IN ORDER TO RUN THE GAME.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/263211/how-to-run-windows-programs-on-a-mac-with-wine/
    Log.png
    1/19/2018 - Version 1.0.0 - Uploaded game.

1/21/2018 - Version 1.1.0 - Added option to squash alien eggs, expanded ship, added boss, made monsters tougher (slightly)

1/22/2018 - Version 1.2.0 - Changed one actor's skills, fixed one mistake, added some dialogue after boss

1/28/2018 - Version 2.0.0 - "Items" is now first option on menu, screen tint while in alien world, added more to the spaceship, fixed an accuracy issue.

1/28/2018 - Version 2.1.0 - Font color changed slightly, small glitch when leveling up, title screen scrolls slower

1/30/2018 - Version 2.2.0 - Changed a couple of music tracks, changed battle transition, added a new battleback, slightly changed the look of one alien, added some dialogue with a somewhat intelligent alien after the boss, I will improve it later, changed the icon for the death state, all aliens may now inflict the state Sick, which is like poison. The harder the alien, the more likely it will inflict the state.

1/31/2018 - Version 2.3.0 - Logo was changed, the menu got a complete revamp.

2/1/2018 - Version 2.4.0 - The appearance of the enemies was completely changed, the dialogue at the start was changed somewhat.

2/1/2018 - Version 2.4.1 - Fixed one game crashing bug.

2/1/2018 - Version 2.5.0 - I changed a lot of the dialogue, and changed the boss music.

2/10/2018 - Version 3.0.0 - Download was changed to an RAR file. This is to speed up the download and make uploading easier, and RAR files are smaller. Characters were changed dramatically. See the character section for what I mean. An error was fixed in battle where both enemies would flash instead of just one. Windowskin was changed. New scripts were added, including a smooth cursor and camera! Removed free movement. You can still walk diagonally. Changed the spaceship layout a bit. Got @Jchurch9 helping with my dialogue. Some of the dialogue has been changed thanks to him! Fixed a collision error or two. Fixed an error with the enemy scan ability that the second character has. It will now show the elements the enemy is weak to! Fixed a very small glitch for the armor descriptions. Enemies may now drop upgraded armor. It is a very rare drop, but the boss will always drop one suit! I made so many changes that I think I forgot one or two. If you see any others, remind me!

2/15/2018 - Version 3.1.0 - Changed more dialogue, added more alien eggs, changed alien world music, added anti-lag script, added a small sound effect as words are added in messages.

2/21/2018 - Version 3.2.0 - Changed alien world map, changed animations, changed a couple of skills, changed the Heat Vision skill to Scan, and it now lowers defense, changed the elements, changed the weapons of the characters, added a treasure chest in the small cave area. It holds a weapon. After the intro cutscenes, a HUD now displays things like HP and location, on the keyboard, A and S can now be pressed to change what actor is in front, changed game name, changed support banner.

2/27/2018 - Version 3.3.0 - Added content, including dialogue from my writer, changed one of the sounds

2/27/2018 - Version 3.3.1 - Changed game icon

3/4/2018 - Version 3.4.0 - Added a new scene at the beginning, with Eridanus briefly re-appearing, changed battle music

3/5/2018 - Version 3.5.0 - Added more content, changed spaceship map, changed download to a zip file

3/18/2018 - Version 4.0.0 - Changed dialogue so Pandora is a bit nicer, alien world tint was changed VERY slightly, some of the item and weapons descriptions were changed, fixed a typo that slipped past me, added instructions to the battle on how to fight

4/2/2018 - Version 5.0.0 - Changed all skill and item descriptions. Added more content. Changed battleback.

4/7/2018 - Version 5.1.0 - Changed title screen. Changed intro cutscene. Changed battle music. Changed boss music. Fixed fatal bug that froze the game. Changed description for "scan". Changed the cave map. Bosses do two to three hits less often.

4/13/2018 - Version 5.1.1 - Changed boss battle music, changed fire graphic when ship is on fire, and also, when Pandora and Nova are sleeping, they have a sleeping pose. I added healing items before the second boss.

4/16/2018 - Version 5.2.0 - Changed enemy and actor sprites. Thanks to @Starmage for making the new actor sprites and one of the new enemies. NOTE: The animated battlers script has two issues, none of which crash the game, it is where the pop ups are off center for the actors and the enemy collapse effect is broken. I am working on fixing those.

4/16/2018 - Version 5.2.1 - Changed the animated battlers script to fix a couple of issues. Also changed the battles so that only the battleback is tinted.

4/19/2018 - Version 5.3.0 - Changed some dialogue. Fixed a passability issue. Added options menu. Added a cheat system with "cheat bots" from the options menu. Added rating splash screen. Changed the silence speech balloon.

4/20/2018 - Version 5.3.1 - Changed almost all speech balloons.

4/23/2018 - Version 6.0.0 - Changed the intro window at the beginning. Added a very small scene where they get on the ship. Removed a part of the tutorial. Made Nova slightly weaker and Pandora's Scan ability is now stronger. Reduced encounter rates. Fixed an issue with the eggs. Fixed a passability issue. Fixed a dialogue issue.

4/29/2018 - Version 7.0.0 - Changed title screen, changed character appearance dramatically, added mouse script, changed battle music, changed boss music, changed music at the beginning scene, changed the battler script until new battlers are created.

5/4/2018 - Version 7.1.0 - Changed enemy sprites (credit to @SmashArt!), and changed portrait for Andromeda in one place. Also busts appear in battle.

5/21/2018 - Version 7.2.0 - Changed Pandora's appearance. Changed class from "Spy" to "Sniper". Changed a small amount of the dialogue at the beginning to show that Pandora is a sniper, not a biologist.

5/25/2018 - Version 7.3.0 - Fixed some instances of the wrong bust appearing for Pandora. Changed menu layout to show busts, partly thanks to @A-Moonless-Night. Changed intro music to have drums.
    Other.png
    @Puruiro made some really cool fan art for my game! It's right here!
    Thomas Smith -  Delta.png
    @NeoFantasy made a good drawing of Andromeda, found right here!
    [​IMG]
    I made an outline for the game in a Word document. This is the game's entire outline, and includes major spoilers. It's not finished yet at all, but more will be added as I think of it :biggrin:
    I also put the game on itch.io. Here is the link to it, for anyone who is interested.
    https://thomas-smith.itch.io/delta-origins-rise-of-nexus
    This game has very little RTP. Very little. :biggrin: But it does have some, and it is not included. You will have to download the VX Ace RTP. It includes DLC, and thus the file is encrypted. :cool:

This game is my "dream game". I will see it through to completion, no matter what.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yay, keep on working on it. Love the music tracks, they all blend together pretty good meow.

Nightblade50 likes this.
  3. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Updated my thread with cool text logos, and a support badge for those who want to support me.

EDIT: Support badge got a color update.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion and Guiguimu like this.
  4. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Added a new video. It includes more content. Also, the sound on it is rather loud, so turn down your speakers.

5. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  6. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I gave the demo a try, it's pretty short though so I don't think I really got a good feel for the game. There were a few things that felt off to me, so I'll just focus on those.
    The pixel movement seemed unnecessary to the game, and honesty I would've preferred to not have to deal with it. I kept getting caught on the corner of rocks and stuff while I was trying to explore the maps. If you have a good reason to include it that just hadn't been shown in the demo, it's okay, but otherwise I think you can safely stick with normal tile movement.

I only fought two battles, so I can't judge whether or not each character's unique skills are useful but I did have a major issue with Eridanus' accuracy... And by that I mean that he kept missing. Considering that he seemed to be the strongest team member, the fact that he kept missing meant that I couldn't gain enough TP use his strong attack, so the battles felt much longer than they actually were. Now, I'm unsure if it's just my bad luck coming into play or not, but double-checking his normal attack's accuracy may be a good idea.

Last thing is mostly personal preference, but I felt the spaceship's interior was much too large and empty. Space in, well, space would be limited since the bigger the ship is the more fuel would have to be used to get it moving, so I would expect the ship to be using it's interior space as efficiently as possible. Shrinking the spaceship's map or adding more machinery could help.

Overall, the demo's too short for me to really make a decision on whether or not I liked the game, but I'd love to see a sci-fi game where the planets are all interesting to look at and explore.

7. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I liked the pixel movement myself. Maybe I will change it, if others say that they do not like it.
    Eridanus is intended to deal high damage, have lots of defense, but miss more than others. Next build, however, I will change his accuracy.
    I didn't think I made the spaceship too large, but I think I did make it too empty. I will be adding other things, like machinery, next time.

Now, what did you think about...
    1. The menu system
    2. The characters
    3. The tiles
    4. The music

8. hiddenone

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My issue with the pixel movement was that I kept getting stuck on invisible corners, so if you or other players don't cut tile corners as much as I do then maybe it's not as annoying.
    The icon-based menu looks nice, though I think the descriptions and the money are both too far from the main line of icons. Personally I'd prefer it if they were all aligned. I do think 'Items' should be first, instead of 'Equip', since it's much more likely that the player would need to use a healing item than they would need to swap equipment.
    So, here's where the short demo really fails for me. At the moment, I kinda hate all of the characters since they just seem one-dimensional. You've got the serious leader, the perky kid, and the whiny second-in-command, and none of them made me care for them. Since the demo's short there wasn't any time to show other sides to them, so maybe they'll turn out to be interesting but I didn't get to see that.
    Tiles looked fine, though I think the maps could've used some tints to help bring them to life more.
    I don't play with sound so I can't comment on the music, sorry.

9. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am using a script for this, of course, and I will have to look closely at it for setting like this. And yes, items should certainly be first. I don't really want money in my game, but can't find a way to remove it from the menu.
    That wasn't expected. They will get more interesting later - the demo was pretty small.
    I'm glad, I paid money for those. What do you mean, "tints?"
    Did you think the music sounded good together?

10. hiddenone

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I mean tints like making the screen redder or oranger on the lava maps.

11. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ah. Okay. I will look into that. Currently I am working on the other things you mentioned. I got the menu working fine for the most part. (Don't redownload the game, I have not reuploaded it.)

Guiguimu likes this.
  12. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am uploading a new version of the game. Updates:
    1. Moved "Items" to be first option in menu
    2. Tinted screen while on alien world
    3. Didn't fix characters, but they will develop more as game goes on
    4. Nothing new for story or game play, just fixing issues
    5. Added more stuff to the spaceship
    6. Eridanus' accuracy was fixed. Or I think I fixed it at least. He no longer seems to be missing all the time.
    7. Aligning everything in menu would be nice, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
    8. I am not changing pixel movement unless more people say that they do not like it. @Sauteed_Onion and @Guiguimu, what do you think about it?
    Download the game again for the changes. @hiddenone, tell me what you think about the changes!
    Phew, got rid of one critic....no, no, no, I'm just kidding ha ha!

13. hiddenone

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now, now, the best way to get rid of me as a critic is to ignore me. Instead, you've summoned me so I can point out more things. :p
    First of all, good job fixing some of the simpler things. Getting the little things taken care of early should help a lot in the long-run. I like the tint on the alien world, so now I'd like to challenge you to make it pulse a bit (probably use a parallel process to shift the tint from the current reddish one to a lighter yellow-orange and then back again). It's not super important, but it seems like it could be a cool effect to show how 'alien' this world is.

Eridanus' accuracy does seem much better, and it made the battles a lot nicer, especially since I fought more than just two this time.

I'm unsure if the additions to the spaceship work well. A lot of this is probably up to personal preference, but having a big room that looks like it's mostly just for a big tv and one chair seems odd on a ship designed for three scouts. There's also doesn't seem to be a kitchen area, which is something that I think they'd need more than a tv room. But again, depends on your personal thoughts on how spaceships should be.

I didn't mention some graphical things last time since they're not super important, but since I was summoned I will now. I found the scrolling background on the titlescreen to be moving too fast, to the point that I started feeling a bit ill looking at it (slowing it down a little should help that a lot). I had a few issues with the chosen font and color when it came to reading the amount of HL left, because they both are blue the numbers blend into the bar and makes it hard to read. Reading the enemy's starting HL was really difficult because of that, changing the color of either the bar or the words could help with that. I also noticed a minor issue with the font when it comes to the level up screen, it seems to be missing the arrow symbol so there are just boxes between the numbers instead of an arrow.

Hopefully the next demo will have more story to it, so that it can change my mind about the characters. :)

14. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Maybe I will make it pulse. Not sure.
    The tileset I am using is limited. No kitchen area in it. (Yes, kind of annoying.) Most of the game is off the spaceship, because the only time you will be getting on is for resting (interact with the beds) and changing areas.
    I can easily change the font color. It came with the windowskin, but I can change it.
    Slowing the title screen is easy as well.
    Right now I am focusing on bug fixes, so more story might not come for a little while.
    Glad I fixed Eridanus' accuracy. That's one thing all done!
    I don't know about those boxes between numbers. It is something in the script I am using. Will look into that. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and a new demo should come pretty soon.

15. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @hiddenone The new demo is out! Go ahead and download it :D
    1. Fixed the small mistake with the rectangles when leveling up.
    2. Slowed the title screen scrolling.
    3. Font color was fixed, it is now white.
    Thanks again for giving me feedback!

16. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want to see the new demo, just getting back into work when I can download and mess around I will. Missed working so much. Meow.

17. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You mean, the one that I recently improved with help of @hiddenone, or the demo with more story that will be made pretty soon (I hope)

18. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sorry for my delay, but I have played now your demo! ^^

I mostly have feedback, because the things I could point out are already fixed in the current version.
    So, I like this idea a lot! Want to see how we can save the Earth. I don't have a problem with pixel movement, but it could be a little worked in some areas, like in the ship, where you have all those boxes.
    This is just a suggestion and not a demand, but there is something you could make: your own battle backs! Like mapping them, using those cool resources you have, take a screenie and then import it to Gimp or other art program you use to actually turn it into a background! ^^ (I hope I am explaining myself correctly ahah)
    I really like the suggestion hiddenone gave, the tint pulsing to create a cool effect! Sounds perfect for those maps!
    I also like the art and sounds, great job on getting those! And I have to agree the character need to be developed, but again, it's a really little demo so it's normal, they still need time. I like Pyxis (?) the blonde girl.

Sauteed_Onion and Nightblade50 like this.
  19. Nightblade50

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am thinking about buying Sc-Fi battlebacks DLC soon.

20. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Thomas Smith That's also a good choice, those battlebacks look amazing! Like I said, it was just a small suggestion ^^

Sauteed_Onion and Nightblade50 like this.