RMMV DEMO: Rukhnar - A Pokémon reinvention!

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think this would've KILLED on April 1st, but well done,sir! :mrsatan::guffaw::troll:

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Demo link not working, would like to give it a play.

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo link not working, would like to give it a play.
I know, I took it down because it's quite far from the current version in every aspect. Stay tuned!

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Updates to the battle system since the last video:
  • Skill names are now colored according to their elemental type.
    (Additionally the element is displayed in the description)
  • Enemy names, levels and HP are no longer displayed in the middle of the screen. These information have been moved to the right hand side.
    (The data will be shown continuously instead of only displaying it only with the cursor hovering above an enemy)
  • Your own monster's data is shown in a more compact layout.
  • flipped the screen! Enemys are on the right hand side, your monsters are on the left hand side (for european eyes)
  • buffs and debuffs trigger a popup on the affected monster
  • monsters are positioned further away from their allies so all of them are more visible
  • the selection cursor has been redesigned.
  • Elemental effectiveness is now displayed in the battle log
Still much to do:
  • Skill name plates and battle log windows clip sometimes
  • damage popups act funny when dealing half damage due to elemental disadvantage
  • Some skill animations are placeholders
  • battle result screen is ill-positioned

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the concept and the look of the game and I'm looking forward to playing the demo. I'd be happy to do some testing if you have a set of special testcases you want checked out.

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dev update 12.02.2019

#20 mudge and #21 rocarot join the roster!
This new ground/normal evolution line is extremely slow but a hard nut to crack. It's signature move "Fortification" increases close combat defence and ranged defence for 5 turns and will render it completely immune to the next attack it is hit with.

Mudge is commonly found in the Bleak Tunnel or (very rarely) even before that, if you pay the Foggy Cave a visit. It evolves to Rocarot at level 26.

The first temple opens it's gates!
There are 9 temples on Rukhnar, each of them is led by a very powerful leader called a warden. You must defeat each of them throughout your adventure in order to qualify for the final challange. The first warden you'll encounter, a man called Leander, will await you in Bookbrook. He specializes in ground spirits. Only few adventurers managed to get past his defensive strategies!

New rules for winning battles and mid-battle switching!
  • Every battle in this game is a 3 vs. 3! This means: 6 spirits fight simultaneously, always!
  • To win a battle, you must defeat 3 enemy spirits. If 3 of your spirits get defeated, you loose the battle.
  • You're still allowed to carry around up to 6 spirits at a time.
  • Switching spirits mid-battle is no longer allowed by default.
    (However, there are some rare moves and items which allow you to switch spirits.)
  • Of course you can re-arrange your team at any time outside of battles.
  • If a spirit of any side is defeated, it's trainer is no longer allowed to replace it during the battle.
  • For example: If you're carrying around 6 spirits, only the first three of them will be regarded in battle. If they get defeated, you loose. - If your first spirit gets defeated, but you win the battle with the remaining two spirits, your next battle will automatically start with your spirits two, three and four.
Play the game!
A short and buggy demo will be ready to download on 1st of March. :)

Misc.
  • Compressed png files even better. Total file size is now ~200mb. Has been ~550mb before.
  • Fixed a bug were damage could become negative against spirits with very high defence, effectively healing your opponent with offencive moves. Damage is now always 1 or above.
  • The game no longer alerts "f**king f**k! Look at this f**k:" when a critical error occurs. It now states "Excuse me sir, there might indeed have been a critical error:" in a british accent.

Last edited:

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Trizzard -> (Level 20) -> Trizzhavoc -> (Level 32) -> Trizzchaos
Magic / Dark

The Trizzard evolution line is the first Spirit of the very interesting Magic-type. This type offers quite some weird moves and tactics.
Here are some examples of Trizzards strangest moves:

• Intelligence Boost: The target recieves 10% more EXP when the current battle ends (stacks up to 3 times).
  • Magic Ressonance: Increases ranged attack by 10% for each of your monsters affected by this skill.
  • Downgrade Curse: The target looses 1 level temporarily (but will not unlearn skills).
  • Vanishing Cloak: Replaces the user with a monster from your storage box until the battle ends.
  • Magic Mirror: User swaps it'sHP with one of your other monsters. Does not exceed maximum values.
  • Coin Magic: Doubles the money won in this trainer battle.

Trizzard is one of the Chaos Crew's favourite spirits so prepare for a lot of chaos!
Catch your own Trizzard at the Magic Forest past Bookbrook City. Trizzchaos is the strongest non-legendary ranged attacker in Rukhnar so far!

Last edited:

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
these look better than the new starter pokemon.

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
these look better than the new starter pokemon.
Thanks! Keep in mind Rukhnar is planned to "feel" like a second gen 2, so I can really take this as a compliment. I'm not too happy with that reveal trailer either. :/

These are my starters, in case you missed it. :)

(Plant / Ground) - (Water / Wind) - (Fire / Magic)

Last edited:

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo postponed for generic reasons, but:

Armadig -> Level-up 26 or higher while affected by an attack-buff -> Demodillo
(Earth type)

Please apologize the delay, there are still a few game-breaking bugs to fix.

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope progress is going good! I can't wait until the demo!

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any news on a up-to-date demo ?

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How is the progress on this going?

Saviourself

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow looks awesome! Cant wait for a new demo!

thedeanreynolds

Deficiency Productionz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you work on monster ranch online by any chance? I'd recognize those starters anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah