Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, dunno if this is the right thread, if not pls just move it wherever its right.
2nd, sry for my bad engl. its not my first language to learn... ...but i try to learn from mistakes and getting better.

And now to the topic, after a long time of absence i wanted to try the maker again so i bought the MV... then saw there is a newer model out there and bought the MZ as well.. ><
...and to get into the maker again i just began to make events, like lightswitches, ect... after a while i began to make them like a demonstration for friends, so i made a main map with houses in wich the little events take place, like nr.1 is a lightswitch, nr. 2 fetsch quest, nr.3 leave and so on... so i thought to add a few little things to make going from house to house more entertaining and to release it, so that i can get feedback from other people and maybe it helps other people as well...

Btw. please dont give me any feedback on my mapping skills or pictures ect.. i used or made, since its really just to learn the basics and advanced event techniques i did not want to lose too much time on them as you will see in the flashlight event, its ugly af but it serves its purpose. Also i do not want to use any scripts or plugins since again, its really just to learn... and tbh its now fun to make those events as well.

Im not planning to make any game since i really got no time but i would love to grow this project and to get many many events done, so if you got some idea what i could do, just say it and if i can and got time, il gladly try it.
Now, those events are in so far:

1)Teleport NPC (he can teleport you infront of any house)
2) Lightswitch 2 (in the basement, with custom picture)
3) Fetsch quest
4) Leaver puzzle (4 leavers)
5) Boulder puzzle (easy variant with 1 boulder and harder variant with 3 boulders at the npc)
6) Gamble (simple gambling game)
7) Firestaff (burn stuff)
8) Ice staff (freeze stuff, duh :D )
9) Mining (with respawn function and different pickaxes)
10) Day-night cycle
11) Hidden rooms (4 hidden rooms at all, can you find them all? ;) )
12) Lantern (light on the player, simple)
13) Flashlight (light going in one direction, like a flashlight and ugly af)
14) Poker / Poker-Dice (currently its only 3 cards on hand and 3 cards at all, working on a full game but only with events its hard or maybe even impossible)
15) Movement grid (not finished)
16) Hidden chests (with a sad ending)
17) Drawbridge
18) Breaking floor ( It breaks after you go 2 times over it)
19) Sliding on ice (character sliding on ice) (item sliding on ice planed in the near future)
20) Combination Lock
21) Updating shops ( shops wich update so if you go to the first / starter town he / she will have updated stuff and not noob items :D )
22) Stone-Paper-Scizzors minigame... (Well, its actually Ghost - Clown - Robot since i was to lazy to find and use paper, stone and scizzor pictures but tbh, its even better now. :D )
23) Random loot (loot is randomized in chests, or wherever actually)
24) Boulder sliding on ice (just like in pokemon games, the boulder slides on ice)
25) Haggle Shop (with haggle skill level, threat skill level)
26) Fishing (simple fishing event with quick time OK press button to get the fish, too soon or too late press means no fish) (the timer can be tweaked ofc)
27) Change / upgrade furniture / house 2 versions
28) Invisible path
29) Text based password (pass 1 = Password, pass 2 = abcd)
30) Randomised skills (with limit: max 3 skills possible)
31) Magic ATB

Here the downloadlink as an open project, so you can take a better look into the events, if someone wants a game version instead of the open project, i can upload that as well ofc.

Last edited:

Bielcunha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh! This sounds like a good tutorial-demo-game for events in general! I will take a look and If this give me some ideas for my games, how can i give you credit?

(Sorry for my english too)

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh! This sounds like a good tutorial-demo-game for events in general! I will take a look and If this give me some ideas for my games, how can i give you credit?

(Sorry for my english too)
Yoo, i hope it helps, you do not need to credit me in any way or form, feel free to use whatever you need. After all, im making this for fun and not to be credited. :)
If you need help with any event or some fine tuning to your liking or even complete new events, feel free to ask.

Skymin

Shadow Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Perhaps a short and simple fishing mini-game that focuses on chance related variables to gauge what fish you can catch and in which patch of water? I always see modern indie and even big companies always want to incorporate fishing into their games for some reason so may as well suggest it so others can see how to pull it off properly in MZ.

Another that would serve as a nice reminder to newer players is an event where you actually go over the counter and speak to the shop owner directly and attempt to haggle with them; your results can either succeed and lower prices or go terribly wrong and actually increase them!

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Skymin: Thx for the ideas, the counter should be fairly simple to make (some times i dont see how complicated things are till i get to work on them, hope this is not such a case :D )

The fishing minigame is a little bit more complicated, but sure... im eager to do them both.
Currently im still working on a Poker-Dice system and cant figure out a propper way to calculate eyes...And yes, its a real pain... >< tbh im not sure if its even possible to do without any script.

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"UPDATE"
Poker-Dice
is now in, it works 97% of the time, dunno if its a error from me somewhere or the calculation just gives up... but i tried it 100+ times and it did not calculate correclty 1-3 times...
If it happens alot more to you guys, tell me so i possibly could take another look.
Everything works except FullHouse calculation. (maybe i will make it as well in the future but for now, im done with poker dice)

The 5 of a kind was absolutely random and lucky, thats why i made a screenie. :D

22) Stone-Paper-Scizzors minigame...
23) Random loot (loot is randomized in chests, or wherever actually)
24) Boulder sliding on ice (just like in pokemon games, the boulder slides on ice)
those are now also avaible in the new uploaded file.

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Perhaps a short and simple fishing mini-game that focuses on chance related variables to gauge what fish you can catch and in which patch of water? I always see modern indie and even big companies always want to incorporate fishing into their games for some reason so may as well suggest it so others can see how to pull it off properly in MZ.

Another that would serve as a nice reminder to newer players is an event where you actually go over the counter and speak to the shop owner directly and attempt to haggle with them; your results can either succeed and lower prices or go terribly wrong and actually increase them!
So, i made a haggle event and i made it much more complicated then necessary but ok.
The event:
Haggle with different outcomes
Ask friendly = no risk but really low chance to get a discount
Ask rude = higher risk but als a chance that he gets angry and will give you 150% price rates
Threaten = (*more to this later)
Bribe = pay an fixed amount of money and you get 100% discounts

I also added different barter levels, on 0 you will have a harder time getting discounts and making him angry is easier, on higher levels quiet the oposite is the case als gives you chances to avoid getting him angry by bribing small amounts of cash.
Barter levels 0-3

*Threaten is something i put in last minute, you got also 0-3 threat levels and with each level the outcome changes, 0 = 100% he gets angry, 1 = 75% he gets angry, 2 = 50%, 3 = 100% you get your well deserved discount.

Those numbers can be tweaked, more levels can be added, it can be made harder / easier to barter.
Minor tweaks necessary except for adding more levels, thats alot more complicated.

Current upload is with the haggle event ofc, so enjoy. :)

EDIT: just googled it and it seems barter does not mean that what i thought it means, thought it means to haggle but i was wrong. :D
Still, the event stays the same, but i will correct it for the next upload.

Last edited:

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"UPDATE"

26) Fishing
(simple fishing event with quick time OK press button to get the fish, too soon or too late press means no fish) (the timer can be tweaked ofc)
27) Change / upgrade furniture / house (2 versions)

Uploaded

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"UPDATE"

28) Invisible path
29) Text based password
(pass 1 = Password, pass 2 = abcd)
30) Randomised skills (with limit: max 3 skills possible)

Spaske

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"UPDATE"
31) Magic ATB

Edit: there is sound, dunno why there is none in the vid.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The download link brings me to a 'File Not Found' error. :(

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lemonitia