FREE (DEMO UPDATE!)The Power of the Arcane(MV)

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is looking promising on your project. I'd like to contribute some ideas on the races, world's lore, conflicts and stuff like that. But i don't know if you still need people for that. Game set in fantasy world like that already sparked my interest. :LZSexcite:
sure, send me an add on discord, we can discuss a thing or three

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sure, send me an add on discord, we can discuss a thing or three
Ok, done that buddy. Let's share our ideas to the max. Right now i'm also building a universe/lore for my game, and it's pretty huge and nice too. Let see how much i can help you building your own.

Tyranida

Narrative Copywriter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, are you still in need of writers? I can contribute with narrative copywriting when the time comes - writing dialogue and item descriptions and so on. Please let me know if you need any other types of writers as well:kaojoy:

Last edited:

DilidKuDufan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Somali
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Hello, any updates on your project?

Please notify the latest news back on this project to me publicly as I had've been apologetically unable to access to my discord account inconveniently as of recent.

I hope to write more to the previous script draft I still got, but I know projects can grow and change especially since I have not been in scenario much lately I'm willing to team up with other writers and re-work the script altogether as however it calls for.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, any updates on your project?

Please notify the latest news back on this project to me publicly as I had've been apologetically unable to access to my discord account inconveniently as of recent.

I hope to write more to the previous script draft I still got, but I know projects can grow and change especially since I have not been in scenario much lately I'm willing to team up with other writers and re-work the script altogether as however it calls for.
why not just create a new discord account and add me? lol

yes, there have been substantial updates actually.

Hello, are you still in need of writers? I can contribute with narrative copywriting when the time comes - writing dialogue and item descriptions and so on. Please let me know if you need any other types of writers as well:kaojoy:
Apologies, I didn't see this until now, as I haven't checked this for a second or two. Would you mind adding me on discord so we can discuss a few things?

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update:

If anyone is interested, I can also use a mapper or two. It isn't that I can't do it, it's just that I'm extraordinarily lazy with map crafting, so much so that I haven't actually made any in the last 2 months. Each time I open up my game to work on it, I just go into the database to make new stuff or add new combat mechanics.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If anyone is interested in doing a map or two or 300, please hit me up. this world is huge, and I am a very lazy mapper.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting back into working on this again, and have come up with a fun and creative way to utilize the world.
I have decided to implement a side-quest system, which will be useable exclusively through Taverns around the world. By visiting a tavern within any kingdom, you will be able to speak with the NPCs within, and some may offer you quests to complete, some may just be "Collect X item", others may be "Slay Y creature". There will, however, be much more interesting ones, some quests will unlock a new area, wherein that quest will be completed. And above that, some quests will even unlock access to a brand new dungeon!

Quests will be handled by a Reputation System, each kingdom will have their own Reputation, and there will be a few.... lesser known reputations as well. Quests will appear based on your reputation level with a certain kingdom. To use Lionsgard as an example, let's say you are at 0 / (max, have yet to determine the exact numbers) reputation with Lionsgard. At that point, you will only be able to complete the most basic and simple quests, however, once you get your reputation up with them, npcs that did not have quests before may now have some for you to do. In addition, additional NPCs will appear as your reputation level increases. At the moment, I am currently working with 4 Tiers (all numbers are currently subject to change), which are: 0 / 1000, 300 / 1000, 600 / 1000, and 900 / 1000. Upon completion of all quests, and reputation level reaching 1000/1000, there will be various rewards you can obtain at the main tavern in that reputation's main city (or at that reputation's main quest hub if it is a reputation not associated with one of the major kingdoms).

Additionally, with this most recent update, I can now use some people who want to create Quests, so if anyone would like to help with quest design (objectives, rewards, mini-stories to go with them, etc.), feel free to shoot me an add on discord and we can talk.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump, can still use a side quest writer or 5 if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.
(Side stories as well if anyone enjoys writing, this is a massive world that needs to be filled with plenty of content!)

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump, can still use a side quest writer or 5 if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.
(Side stories as well if anyone enjoys writing, this is a massive world that needs to be filled with plenty of content!)
I want to get some writing experiences so sign me up :)

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zerothedarklord, you have a great world-building.

- Ellaria "The Arcanist" (Class: Arcanist) (Main Character)
An elven woman who is an oddity among elves. She has
the exceedingly rare power to use Arcane magic.
Why the elves hate her? Is her magic bad?

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today I had the pleasure of seeing this guy playing his game on Discord(through sharing screen). And I really like history. The battle system and animation are nice too! I think this can be a great Rpg Maker game!
I really like it!
Keep up the good work!
:MV1:

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today I had the pleasure of seeing this guy playing his game on Discord(through sharing screen). And I really like history. The battle system and animation are nice too! I think this can be a great Rpg Maker game!
I really like it!
Keep up the good work!
:MV1:
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. I look forward to getting to show more people; I may have a demo up sometime in the near future.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those who are interested and/or following along with this project, I just wanted to give an update: the earliest playable demo will be going live in the near future. I deeply regret to say that work on this has unfortunately been quite slow, this is entirely my own fault, due to simply not putting in enough time. I would have loved to have had this demo ready months ago.

At any rate, when complete, this first demo will allow players roughly 30 minutes or so of the beginning experience of the game, including the beginning parts of the story, as well as the entirety of the combat system. For anyone who may be interested in the battle system, or simply seeking a bit of challenge, I will be adding a special demo-only boss encounter, simply for the purposes of allowing players to.... "play around" with the combat system to a larger extent.

When the time comes and the demo is complete and uploaded, I will reply to the thread again, and leave a download link attached to the first post. Thank you to anyone and everyone who has shown interest in this project!

Finally, as a reminder, I am still in need of a couple Side Quest/Side Story writers. Please contact me on discord if you are interested!
Discord: Zerothedarklord#8459

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep an eye out, the Demo should be coming in the next couple days! I'm just finishing up the last little bit that will be playable in it!

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry that it took so long fellas, but here it is, finally! Power of the Arcane, First playable demo!
This demo focuses primarily on starting off a bit of the story, introducing you to the first kingdom (most of it anyway), and it's people. It also includes a special demo-only boss, to help anyone who's interested get a good feel for what the combat system is capable of. This boss is intentionally over tuned, however is still very much defeatable once you achieve a decent grasp of the battle system. Furthermore, this unique battle also shows off a few of Ellaria's unique, later-game abilities she wouldn't otherwise learn until much later on.

I tried to hammer out as many bugs/issues as possible prior to upload, however unfortunately, some will always sneak by, so please report any issues you encounter.
Lastly, if you are interested in helping work on this project, please feel free to add me on discord, I am always in need of side quest designers. Zerothedarklord#8459

The opening post has also been updated to include this download link:

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played the demo, and I like it. The game explain its mechanic, status effects, and world in the menu, nothing really intrusive in the game since the characters already know about most of those things. The story is only in its introduction phase, but it was pretty good for what it is.
The demo boss fight is a step up from the bosses that’s in the game tho, so be careful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the lols I have taken the Szondi test. That test looked like a load of bull. But for whatever reason it was incredibly accurate.
How can a society function with an entire media establishment that is complicit in publishing partisan slander and easily disprovable lies right alongside each other with no accountability whatsoever? After I live through it, maybe I'll make a game based on it. The level of dishonesty at this point just astounds me though.
If you download a resource, be it art or plugin, please thank the creator for their time. We are all guilty sometimes of just grabbing something without commenting. Now is the time to go through your credit list and visit the threads/site where you got the resource from and leave a heartfelt thank you!
October is officially here. I'm hoping to get a call from Spirit Halloween soon. It didn't happen today, but I've got to keep my head high.
So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violetspawn