RMVXA [DEMO v0.0.66] Collector (Open World Cyberpunk RPG)

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've finally added a map view script! It's not in the demo yet, but will be in my next update. I am also implementing on-map battles, so no more boring default battle background. The lighting system will need to be changed as well, because it won't be compatible with the map battle script.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been adding the new lighting system, and discovered that there was a switch early in the story that teleports the player to a developer map. This was unintentional! I've removed the demo until I finish adding the new lighting and map battle systems.

EDIT: I've had some major lag issues with the new lighting. I need to figure out what to do going forward with that.

Last edited:

Metthink

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey man. Can you send me these tilesets? I liked too much the graphics and I need to use this on my project. Your game is awesome at least visually, but I didnt play yet...

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey man. Can you send me these tilesets? I liked too much the graphics and I need to use this on my project. Your game is awesome at least visually, but I didnt play yet...
I probably can't send them to all you, because there are resource packs from the RPG Maker store , namely Futuristic Tiles and The Zombie Tiles (which I can't seem to find on the store) that I use. I also have custom edits of tiles I found online. Were there specific parts you were looking for?

Metthink

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dont worry... it seems that I will have to buy the packs...

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yesterday, I completed converting all of the demo combat encounters over to the new on-map system. I also finished updating the class selection menus to be images with all the relevant information.

I still need to update the two contracts that Sly gives you, and I am adding some new quest routes to Clara's quest regarding Eddy (optional bad endings).

I've also had to fix a bunch of bugs regarding my enemies. A lot of them didn't even have the correct attack bonus value!

As for the new lighting system, I had to ditch it because of the awful amount of lag it caused. Thankfully, a forum user wrote me a compatibility patch for the old one!

Also, I will be updating the first page with new screenshots and maybe even a gif/videos if I can figure out how to do it.

Hopefully I can get my demo back on the forum by next week. I'm very happy with how everything is turning out.

Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey! so like, if this was anywhere else I guess you'd be my competition because I'm also developing a sandbox cyberpunk RPG w/ a lot of the same influences, but fortunately, in this close-knit community of tiny indie devs helping each other out, I feel like "competition" is pretty much a moot concept.

I will totally check this out once I get a demo release of Spirit of '76 out. I don't wanna play Collector before then because I don't wanna wind up getting influenced by your ideas, hope that makes sense

Some thoughts on the screen-shots in no particular order (spoilering this cuz it wound up PRETTY long):
  • I like your use of rain and neon to make the streets feel gritty and Bladerunner-esque.
  • I love the D&D style dice rolling in combat (although be careful how you implement it, as getting caught in a whiff-festival is especially annoying w/ that kind of system
  • I assume New Avalon is a futuristic reimagining of the city of London, England? (Avalon, like Camelot, is one of the place names I certainly hope so, as a
  • Is Corp-Creds a placeholder name? I ask because a) it's kind of a lame name for currency but mostly b) in a cyberpunk setting ruled by Zaibatsus/megacorps, each corporation would "print/mint" their own currency, thereby paying their wage slaves with a currency that MUST be spent on THEIR products, like in Shadowrun how Mitsuhama, Ares, Saeder-Krupp and Aztechnology each print their own kinds of moneys. Often hard currency--like eurodollars--or some kind of financial lingua franca--like nuyen--is the currency in these types of settings because it's something everyone has to recognize the value of. But all of the corps agreeing on the fixed price for a currency doesn't make a lot of sense w/ the assumption that they're the ruthless, soulless profit-motivated entities I assume they are
  • The screen resolution feels a bit big to me! I feel like there's a bit too much going on on each screen to appreciate all of those details, and it also accentuates the tininess of the chibi sprites (my next point). However, I know what a nightmare it is to change screen resolutions mid-project so I imagine this can't be helped at this stage.
  • I am not a fan of the chibi style RPG Maker RTP sprites but I absoluely, totally get why you're using them: the variety of characters available using RTP graphics for VXA or MV is easily tenfold or more than what's available in any of the "tall" styles. The 2019 version of Spirit had MV RTP sprites, and while I swapped those out when I resumed the project in the very end of 2020, I kept my sideview battle sprites MV RTP so I could use all the awesome gun sprites by whtdragon, Yuki, Faren, and others that I'd collected and set up.
  • The VXA character generator faces just look plain bad, though. It's just my opinion obviously, but I don't think I'm the only person to not enjoy that style.
  • Even if you're going to stick with the less-popular frontview system, which is fine--my other project MDC uses a frontview battle system--I'd suggest using battlebacks. The blurred spiral is kind of lame and very "2008" to me as far as Tsukuru stuff is concerned.
  • I also think that the sprite-based enemies are really unimpressive/underwhelming.
  • Everything about the shop screen makes me RIDICULOUSLY INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL METAPHOR REMOVED...makes me really want to play the game. Enthused. Like very a lot. Let's just go with that.
  • How does the game handle ammo and reloading? I LOVE that it uses real calibers, because I'm quite the gun nerd. My own game limits weapons by ammo but at the time I was first making it there wasn't a reload mechanic plugin that I liked that was compatible with the other stuff I was using, and now it's too late since I've already kind of balanced and designed the database around not needing to reload guns in combat.
  • Do you have monofilament whips or are you a bad person?
Adding this to the very short list of RM games I really, really want to play some day. Keep up the good work!

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hey! so like, if this was anywhere else I guess you'd be my competition because I'm also developing a sandbox cyberpunk RPG w/ a lot of the same influences, but fortunately, in this close-knit community of tiny indie devs helping each other out, I feel like "competition" is pretty much a moot concept.

I will totally check this out once I get a demo release of Spirit of '76 out. I don't wanna play Collector before then because I don't wanna wind up getting influenced by your ideas, hope that makes sense

Some thoughts on the screen-shots in no particular order (spoilering this cuz it wound up PRETTY long):
  • I like your use of rain and neon to make the streets feel gritty and Bladerunner-esque.
  • I love the D&D style dice rolling in combat (although be careful how you implement it, as getting caught in a whiff-festival is especially annoying w/ that kind of system
  • I assume New Avalon is a futuristic reimagining of the city of London, England? (Avalon, like Camelot, is one of the place names I certainly hope so, as a
  • Is Corp-Creds a placeholder name? I ask because a) it's kind of a lame name for currency but mostly b) in a cyberpunk setting ruled by Zaibatsus/megacorps, each corporation would "print/mint" their own currency, thereby paying their wage slaves with a currency that MUST be spent on THEIR products, like in Shadowrun how Mitsuhama, Ares, Saeder-Krupp and Aztechnology each print their own kinds of moneys. Often hard currency--like eurodollars--or some kind of financial lingua franca--like nuyen--is the currency in these types of settings because it's something everyone has to recognize the value of. But all of the corps agreeing on the fixed price for a currency doesn't make a lot of sense w/ the assumption that they're the ruthless, soulless profit-motivated entities I assume they are
  • The screen resolution feels a bit big to me! I feel like there's a bit too much going on on each screen to appreciate all of those details, and it also accentuates the tininess of the chibi sprites (my next point). However, I know what a nightmare it is to change screen resolutions mid-project so I imagine this can't be helped at this stage.
  • I am not a fan of the chibi style RPG Maker RTP sprites but I absoluely, totally get why you're using them: the variety of characters available using RTP graphics for VXA or MV is easily tenfold or more than what's available in any of the "tall" styles. The 2019 version of Spirit had MV RTP sprites, and while I swapped those out when I resumed the project in the very end of 2020, I kept my sideview battle sprites MV RTP so I could use all the awesome gun sprites by whtdragon, Yuki, Faren, and others that I'd collected and set up.
  • The VXA character generator faces just look plain bad, though. It's just my opinion obviously, but I don't think I'm the only person to not enjoy that style.
  • Even if you're going to stick with the less-popular frontview system, which is fine--my other project MDC uses a frontview battle system--I'd suggest using battlebacks. The blurred spiral is kind of lame and very "2008" to me as far as Tsukuru stuff is concerned.
  • I also think that the sprite-based enemies are really unimpressive/underwhelming.
  • Everything about the shop screen makes me RIDICULOUSLY INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL METAPHOR REMOVED...makes me really want to play the game. Enthused. Like very a lot. Let's just go with that.
  • How does the game handle ammo and reloading? I LOVE that it uses real calibers, because I'm quite the gun nerd. My own game limits weapons by ammo but at the time I was first making it there wasn't a reload mechanic plugin that I liked that was compatible with the other stuff I was using, and now it's too late since I've already kind of balanced and designed the database around not needing to reload guns in combat.
  • Do you have monofilament whips or are you a bad person?
Adding this to the very short list of RM games I really, really want to play some day. Keep up the good work!
The screenshots are really old and need to be updated, as there have been a fair amount of changes since I put those on here.

1. Thank you! I was definitely inspired by Bladerunner as I'm sure you could already tell. The tint has been changed from the initial screenshots.
  2. Combat now takes place on the map, so visible dice rolling doesn't show up anymore due to incompatibilities with the map combat script. Dice rolling still happens behind the scenes, but you don't actually see the calculations. As for a "whiff-festival" this does happen somewhat early game, since your attack bonus is pretty low and there are few options of increasing it early game. Later on, your attack bonus will be much higher, since it scales with level and there is plenty of gear to increase it (especially if you dual wield pistols).
  3. It's not based on any real city. I wanted to stay away from making it a futuristic version of a real city, because I think that is kinda limiting. I thought New Avalon sounded cool because of Avalon being a mysterious place (and I was probably listening to Sail Away to Avalon by the progressive metal band Ayreon at the time).
  4. You've got me there. The name was chosen super early on in development and not much thought went into the background behind it. I can definitely change the name to something more interesting, and it'll be fun making more lore.
  5. Currently, the resolution is 640x480. I also think the screenshots I took were fullscreen, which is why they probably feel a bit too big.
  6. I'm using them because they are convenient for making a ton of NPCs. If there was another generator that made better looking stuff, I probably would've used that instead. Unfortunately, I have several hundred NPCs already made and it would take forever to replace them.
  7. I know they don't look good, and have heard this from others as well. The problem is that I don't want to pay others for art (since I intend to release this game for free) and I haven't tried my hand at making faces. I also haven't drawn in a while...
  8. The combat system has been changed, and I mentioned this in the second point. It now looks like this: (You can also see the new tint, which is based on a color palette from Bladerunner 2049. I'm thinking about changing the UI since this is the default Ace look.):
    testbattle.png
  9. Once again, this is due to the Ace generator being convenient. I'm not sure what I would use instead.
  10. I put a lot of effort into the equipment! I have a whole excel sheet with equipment data. Some of the weapon and item damage formulas were stupidly complex to make.
    value += b.state?(211) ? (value += a.state?(168) ? (b.saving_throw(a, :bod, 15, "Toxin") ? (0 + (a.demo * 2)) : (b.add_state(60) ; (5 + (a.demo * 2)))) : (b.saving_throw(a, :bod, 15, "Toxin") ? (0) : (b.add_state(60); 5))) : (value += a.state?(168) ? (b.saving_throw(a, :bod, 15, "Toxin") ? (5 + (a.demo * 2)) : (b.add_state(60) ; (5 + (a.demo * 2)))) : (b.saving_throw(a, :bod, 15, "Toxin") ? (5) : (b.add_state(60); 5)))
    Here's a GIF of all the current firearms (in the developer test map):
As for ammunition, each gun has a set amount in its magazine based on their real life counterpart. For instance, since the in-game Volya ASh-2044-12.7 is based on the shAK-12 (which originally was called the ASh-12.7), it has 20 rounds in the magazine. It uses the 12.7x55mm round.

I use the mana bar for "ammunition". Each skill uses a certain amount of ammunition (1 for single shot, 3 for burst fire, and 5 for automatic fire) for its cost. Once you run out, you need to use the "Reload" skill to fill the mana bar with a certain amount of ammunition based on the equipped firearm. It's quite a simple system, but works great.

I have a bunch of ammunition types in the game. For pistol calibers I have .22lr, .380 ACP, .38 Special, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .410 Bore, 10mm, .30 carbine, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .440 Cor-Bon, 12.5x40R, .50 AE, .454 Casull, .480 Ruger, and 12.7x55mm. I am toying with adding .500 S&W and .600 Nitro Express too.

For rifle calibers I use 5.56x45mm, 5.45x39mm, 5.56mm XM682 Flechette (this is a fictional caliber based on the experimental 5.56x45mm sub-caliber flechette), .300 Blackout, 7.62x39mm, .458 Socom, 7.62x51mm, 7.62x54R, 12.7x55mm, .338 Lapua, 9x90 MEN, 12.7x108mm, and .50 BMG.

I've wanted to add a mono-filamant whip, but don't have a good icon for it yet. I also have mono-blades for more molecular slicing fun!

Attachments

• 1610940373183.png
    1610940373183.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My demo is finally back! There has been some major and many minor changes.

Demo Version 0.0.65 Change log

Remade the character class selection menu and feat selection menu. Instead of text boxes, all the relevant information is displayed on screen as images.

Changed all combat encounters to the new on-map battle system.

Added a new map in the menu.

Changed font used for event labels to be the correct.

Edited light picture so it’s not pixelated.

Fixed errors among enemy statistics and skills.

Removed Attack Bonus reduction on melee weapons and some skills.

Removed another XP exploit bug.

Fixed an error when paying off Liana’s debt.

Added new icons for Life Saver Kits.

Added a new iteration of the Life Saver Kit.

Fixed an issue where states related to feats didn’t apply skill point increases.

Added few smart guns to the demo.

Balanced armors again to account for new enemy attack bonus formulas.

Added a small drug tutorial after the first combat encounter.

Added the beginning of a new quest for Clara after saving Eddy.

Adding an alternate outcome for the quest with Eddy.

Added the beginnings of the other 2 starter contracts from Sly.

Added Wisdom bonus to all versions of Medical Kits.

Added some changes to the Wanderer and Techhead class progression.

Added a few new loot sources.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy moly, this looks amazing.

I've been working on a cyberpunk adventure RPG of my own for a couple months, and reviewing your screenshots and game info is really inspiring on one hand, and daunting on the other. I definitely need to 'up my game'! I will make a point of playing this, though may wait until your v1 release.

G'luck in your struggles chummer :LZScool:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Holy moly, this looks amazing.

I've been working on a cyberpunk adventure RPG of my own for a couple months, and reviewing your screenshots and game info is really inspiring on one hand, and daunting on the other. I definitely need to 'up my game'! I will make a point of playing this, though may wait until your v1 release.

G'luck in your struggles chummer :LZScool:
Thanks! It's definitely daunting, especially if I think of all the work I have to do. I've been taking a bit of a break, but will probably get back to work soon! The next thing I have to do is complete two of the planned districts just to work on the next section of the story.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's been awhile since my last update but here is a hotfix that fixes some bugs found by a tester on my itch.io page.

Demo Version 0.0.65 Hotfix Change log

Fixed a part where robots would “disappear” in the second mission, but you would still have to fight them.

Fixed various typos.

Fixed broken camera position in an encounter.

Fixed where the Carbon Syndicate doesn’t move from the alley after the warehouse defense.

Made Subject 3 a bit easier to fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling uninspired for some time and got busy with life. Now, I've started to do some more work on this project, but progress will be slow. I'm basically done with the demo (besides fixing further bugs that pop up), so I am continuing on with making the rest of the game. Updates for new content will probably be few and far between. I'm debating on adding the new districts to the demo as I go along, or just add them all in the finished game.

Lanzy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been awhile since my last update but here is a hotfix that fixes some bugs found by a tester on my itch.io page.

Demo Version 0.0.65 Hotfix Change log

Fixed a part where robots would “disappear” in the second mission, but you would still have to fight them.

Fixed various typos.

Fixed broken camera position in an encounter.

Fixed where the Carbon Syndicate doesn’t move from the alley after the warehouse defense.

Made Subject 3 a bit easier to fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling uninspired for some time and got busy with life. Now, I've started to do some more work on this project, but progress will be slow. I'm basically done with the demo (besides fixing further bugs that pop up), so I am continuing on with making the rest of the game. Updates for new content will probably be few and far between. I'm debating on adding the new districts to the demo as I go along, or just add them all in the finished game.
Caution: SPOILERS!

Hey there, it's the guy who wasted an hour of costumizing you a plugin for the wrong Maker version.

First time I've played your game since v0.0.52 and I gotta say, it has improved a lot since. Really like the vibe and overall the cyberpunk atomsphere. Big fan! As someone who is also working on a little project, I'm sure you appreciate some feedback. Some are just suggestions of improvements I personally like to see in games and some bugs:

- The feat selection menu, where you can select a new feat shows the pre-requisits only after selecting the feat. It's a little nuisance to have to go through all the feats to find out which one's you can get. I suggest a preview of the pre-requisits on the side when a feat is selected or even the entire description of the feat.

- This might simply be because of the game's early stage: The scene where cops kill the homeless people. There are no bodies after the killing, only blood stains.

- The small alley west of the gun range is frequently blocked by either the blonde guy on the east side or the blonde girl on the west side. Very annoying having to wait until they move out of the alley. Perhaps a no-go-zone for NPCs in that alley would avoid this.

- Pressing F12 during a fight to return to main menu breaks the game. The battle status window will remain visible, even in the main menu.

- The scene with Cassy fighting with her boyfriend: The last message when talking to her is repeated twice. It might also have been triggered when I pressed enter at a certain time, but it did not restart the convo loop it just repeated the last message.

- I recommend adding WASD keys for walking and C for cancel. It makes it easier than having to press ESC and most people I presume are familiar with the WASD key bindings. Plus it's just more comfortable for lazy people like me

- The game crashes or rather breaks and gets you stuck, when you choose the attack option when the Deathlord guy approaches you.

- I found a treasure chest that had a standard RPG Maker skin next to the shop where the girl is being robbed by 3 thugs. It contained 9999CC, this was probably forgotten after debugging? Definetly helped me get the best gear and kick some ass. That was fun lol

- The first time I approached the mohawk, white vest guy, the game crashed to desktop. I simply reloaded and tried again and then it worked. This sounds like an asynchronous error. Sorry if I don't have more specifics on that.

That's all for now. I played until I got to the point where the doc told me to go see the informant about my character's memory problem.

On a final note:
The performance is struggling sometimes and I have a decent gamer pc. Maybe take a look at the fps and certain moments where it drops. I feel like there are some asynchronous or multiple running processes in the background running unnecessarily sometimes. But overall performance definetly improved since last time I played.

Keep up the good work! It's looking really good!

/Edit:
I also saw a few grammar mistakes here and there. If you want, I can point you towards some.
Mostly it's past tense mistakes where you wrote stuff like "He did got shot" instead of "He did get shot"

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Caution: SPOILERS!

Hey there, it's the guy who wasted an hour of costumizing you a plugin for the wrong Maker version.

First time I've played your game since v0.0.52 and I gotta say, it has improved a lot since. Really like the vibe and overall the cyberpunk atomsphere. Big fan! As someone who is also working on a little project, I'm sure you appreciate some feedback. Some are just suggestions of improvements I personally like to see in games and some bugs:

- The feat selection menu, where you can select a new feat shows the pre-requisits only after selecting the feat. It's a little nuisance to have to go through all the feats to find out which one's you can get. I suggest a preview of the pre-requisits on the side when a feat is selected or even the entire description of the feat.

- This might simply be because of the game's early stage: The scene where cops kill the homeless people. There are no bodies after the killing, only blood stains.

- The small alley west of the gun range is frequently blocked by either the blonde guy on the east side or the blonde girl on the west side. Very annoying having to wait until they move out of the alley. Perhaps a no-go-zone for NPCs in that alley would avoid this.

- Pressing F12 during a fight to return to main menu breaks the game. The battle status window will remain visible, even in the main menu.

- The scene with Cassy fighting with her boyfriend: The last message when talking to her is repeated twice. It might also have been triggered when I pressed enter at a certain time, but it did not restart the convo loop it just repeated the last message.

- I recommend adding WASD keys for walking and C for cancel. It makes it easier than having to press ESC and most people I presume are familiar with the WASD key bindings. Plus it's just more comfortable for lazy people like me

- The game crashes or rather breaks and gets you stuck, when you choose the attack option when the Deathlord guy approaches you.

- I found a treasure chest that had a standard RPG Maker skin next to the shop where the girl is being robbed by 3 thugs. It contained 9999CC, this was probably forgotten after debugging? Definetly helped me get the best gear and kick some ass. That was fun lol

- The first time I approached the mohawk, white vest guy, the game crashed to desktop. I simply reloaded and tried again and then it worked. This sounds like an asynchronous error. Sorry if I don't have more specifics on that.

That's all for now. I played until I got to the point where the doc told me to go see the informant about my character's memory problem.

On a final note:
The performance is struggling sometimes and I have a decent gamer pc. Maybe take a look at the fps and certain moments where it drops. I feel like there are some asynchronous or multiple running processes in the background running unnecessarily sometimes. But overall performance definetly improved since last time I played.

Keep up the good work! It's looking really good!

/Edit:
I also saw a few grammar mistakes here and there. If you want, I can point you towards some.
Mostly it's past tense mistakes where you wrote stuff like "He did got shot" instead of "He did get shot"
I always appreciate feedback, because I WILL miss bugs due to the scope of the game.

- I see what you mean regarding the feats. I can probably do that, but it'll have to be in a way where the names don't become super long.

- Even though there are "damaged" versions of those character sprites, there aren't for most of my game (due to the fact that the ace character generator doesn't make "damaged" sprites like MV or MZ). It would be inconsistent if they had dead bodies but everyone else didn't. I suppose I could change it if it's that odd.

- I'll fix this. EDIT: Done

- I didn't even know that F12 returns to the menu! As for the solution? I wouldn't know how to fix this besides add a warning not to press F12 while in a battle.

- Where is this in the quest line? Is it when you first talk to her, or at the end of the quest? EDIT: Nevermind, I think I fixed it.

- I have a keyboard input script, so I'll have to figure out how to do this. EDIT: Done

- I'll fix this. EDIT: Done

- Lol, somehow I missed this chest. It can't be used as a cheat anymore!

- I have seen examples of this for a few other people, but it never crashes for me.

---------------------------------------------

On the topic of performance, I'll have to check the parallel processes again to see if there are any I don't need to run all the time.

I get around 45 to 60 depending on the area. Places with lots of lights, such as commercial lane, have the biggest drops. I haven't been able to test the rest of the game outside of the East District.

Please point me towards the grammar mistakes! There is so much dialogue that I won't be able to catch everything by myself.

Last edited:

Lanzy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- I didn't even know that F12 returns to the menu! As for the solution? I wouldn't know how to fix this besides add a warning not to press F12 while in a battle.
I don't know if there is a plugin for this in RMVXA, but you can either override the F12 binding via plugin or program yourself. It's a very simple line, at least for js, but I'm not familliar with ruby and the architecture of RMVXA unfortunately. I'm sure someone in the forum can help you out with this one

On the topic of performance, I'll have to check the parallel processes again to see if there are any I don't need to run all the time.
The biggest performance drop I witnessed was when a battle starts. Maybe there is something with the battle engine or background events from the map are not on pause? Just spitballing here.

Please point me towards the grammar mistakes! There is so much dialogue that I won't be able to catch everything by myself.
Next run through I'll send you a list :)

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's been awhile since my last update, but this one needed to be done. There are some major (in my eyes) additions in this patch, which I have bolded. While I have been updating the demo, I have also been forging on ahead with storyline content and content for the Saikhon district.

V0.0.66 Change Log

- Added some new faces for Alex and Sly when they contact you through the EPID.

- Changed starting weapons for all classes.
  • The Wanderer and Techhead now start with the Armadi Night Stalker (1d4) instead of the Statzi Black Cobra (1d6).
  • The Street Warrior now starts with the Combat Knife (1d4) instead of the Street Mace (1d6
- Fixed a variety of text box and line break errors.

- Changed some Persuade/Intimidate requirements for “The Debt’s Due” quest.

- Changed grenade costs.

- Changed a majority of the second story mission. It turns out that I wrote myself into a corner, and the way it concluded didn’t work the logic of how it was set up. It now proceeds differently after you exit the sewer. I rewrote a lot of the dialogue during this mission.

- Fixed an exploit where the Carbon Syndicate Associate doesn’t go to the warehouse defense, resulting in an unintentional money and experience farm.

- Reduced damage for the Maintenance Bot’s Cleaning Laser and Laser Capacitor Cyberoptic, but added potential burning effects. This is to keep them in line with the laser rifles and such I am adding to the full game.

- Fixed some enemy grenade skills so they can actually be used.

- Wounds inflict health degeneration (this was previously removed in version 0.0.4 due to an unnoticed detail.)

- Added new weapons to the demo (Shuriken, Kunai, [Carbon Syndicate] “The Negotiator”)

- Adjusted a variety of cyberware descriptions and costs.

- Fixed crashes when you tried to join combat where Eddy or Eddy Two are in your party. Now, if either are in your party, you can’t enter areas where there is combat.

- I think I fixed the random crashes that sometimes happen when combat is initiated. If there are still crashes, please let me know!

Last edited:

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep at it. Haven't been working on my game much for a long time.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Keep at it. Haven't been working on my game much for a long time.
Do you have a download link? Something that helps fostor inspiration and motivation (at least for me) is getting feedback from other people for your game.

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a download link? Something that helps fostor inspiration and motivation (at least for me) is getting feedback from other people for your game.
Ah, no. Not yet. Good idea to get feedback though. I'll think about it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?
Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J_Heider