- Jan 22, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
I probably can't send them to all you, because there are resource packs from the RPG Maker store , namely Futuristic Tiles and The Zombie Tiles (which I can't seem to find on the store) that I use. I also have custom edits of tiles I found online. Were there specific parts you were looking for?Hey man. Can you send me these tilesets? I liked too much the graphics and I need to use this on my project. Your game is awesome at least visually, but I didnt play yet...
The screenshots are really old and need to be updated, as there have been a fair amount of changes since I put those on here.hey! so like, if this was anywhere else I guess you'd be my competition because I'm also developing a sandbox cyberpunk RPG w/ a lot of the same influences, but fortunately, in this close-knit community of tiny indie devs helping each other out, I feel like "competition" is pretty much a moot concept.
I will totally check this out once I get a demo release of Spirit of '76 out. I don't wanna play Collector before then because I don't wanna wind up getting influenced by your ideas, hope that makes sense
Some thoughts on the screen-shots in no particular order (spoilering this cuz it wound up PRETTY long):
- I like your use of rain and neon to make the streets feel gritty and Bladerunner-esque.
- I love the D&D style dice rolling in combat (although be careful how you implement it, as getting caught in a whiff-festival is especially annoying w/ that kind of system
- I assume New Avalon is a futuristic reimagining of the city of London, England? (Avalon, like Camelot, is one of the place names I certainly hope so, as a
- Is Corp-Creds a placeholder name? I ask because a) it's kind of a lame name for currency but mostly b) in a cyberpunk setting ruled by Zaibatsus/megacorps, each corporation would "print/mint" their own currency, thereby paying their wage slaves with a currency that MUST be spent on THEIR products, like in Shadowrun how Mitsuhama, Ares, Saeder-Krupp and Aztechnology each print their own kinds of moneys. Often hard currency--like eurodollars--or some kind of financial lingua franca--like nuyen--is the currency in these types of settings because it's something everyone has to recognize the value of. But all of the corps agreeing on the fixed price for a currency doesn't make a lot of sense w/ the assumption that they're the ruthless, soulless profit-motivated entities I assume they are
- The screen resolution feels a bit big to me! I feel like there's a bit too much going on on each screen to appreciate all of those details, and it also accentuates the tininess of the chibi sprites (my next point). However, I know what a nightmare it is to change screen resolutions mid-project so I imagine this can't be helped at this stage.
- I am not a fan of the chibi style RPG Maker RTP sprites but I absoluely, totally get why you're using them: the variety of characters available using RTP graphics for VXA or MV is easily tenfold or more than what's available in any of the "tall" styles. The 2019 version of Spirit had MV RTP sprites, and while I swapped those out when I resumed the project in the very end of 2020, I kept my sideview battle sprites MV RTP so I could use all the awesome gun sprites by whtdragon, Yuki, Faren, and others that I'd collected and set up.
- The VXA character generator faces just look plain bad, though. It's just my opinion obviously, but I don't think I'm the only person to not enjoy that style.
- Even if you're going to stick with the less-popular frontview system, which is fine--my other project MDC uses a frontview battle system--I'd suggest using battlebacks. The blurred spiral is kind of lame and very "2008" to me as far as Tsukuru stuff is concerned.
- I also think that the sprite-based enemies are really unimpressive/underwhelming.
- Everything about the shop screen makes me
RIDICULOUSLY INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL METAPHOR REMOVED...makes me really want to play the game. Enthused. Like very a lot. Let's just go with that.
- How does the game handle ammo and reloading? I LOVE that it uses real calibers, because I'm quite the gun nerd. My own game limits weapons by ammo but at the time I was first making it there wasn't a reload mechanic plugin that I liked that was compatible with the other stuff I was using, and now it's too late since I've already kind of balanced and designed the database around not needing to reload guns in combat.
Adding this to the very short list of RM games I really, really want to play some day. Keep up the good work!
- Do you have monofilament whips or are you a bad person?
Thanks! It's definitely daunting, especially if I think of all the work I have to do. I've been taking a bit of a break, but will probably get back to work soon! The next thing I have to do is complete two of the planned districts just to work on the next section of the story.Holy moly, this looks amazing.
I've been working on a cyberpunk adventure RPG of my own for a couple months, and reviewing your screenshots and game info is really inspiring on one hand, and daunting on the other. I definitely need to 'up my game'! I will make a point of playing this, though may wait until your v1 release.
G'luck in your struggles chummer
Caution: SPOILERS!It's been awhile since my last update but here is a hotfix that fixes some bugs found by a tester on my itch.io page.
Demo Version 0.0.65 Hotfix Change log
Fixed a part where robots would “disappear” in the second mission, but you would still have to fight them.
Fixed various typos.
Fixed broken camera position in an encounter.
Fixed where the Carbon Syndicate doesn’t move from the alley after the warehouse defense.
Made Subject 3 a bit easier to fight.
I was feeling uninspired for some time and got busy with life. Now, I've started to do some more work on this project, but progress will be slow. I'm basically done with the demo (besides fixing further bugs that pop up), so I am continuing on with making the rest of the game. Updates for new content will probably be few and far between. I'm debating on adding the new districts to the demo as I go along, or just add them all in the finished game.
I always appreciate feedback, because I WILL miss bugs due to the scope of the game.Caution: SPOILERS!
Hey there, it's the guy who wasted an hour of costumizing you a plugin for the wrong Maker version.
First time I've played your game since v0.0.52 and I gotta say, it has improved a lot since. Really like the vibe and overall the cyberpunk atomsphere. Big fan! As someone who is also working on a little project, I'm sure you appreciate some feedback. Some are just suggestions of improvements I personally like to see in games and some bugs:
- The feat selection menu, where you can select a new feat shows the pre-requisits only after selecting the feat. It's a little nuisance to have to go through all the feats to find out which one's you can get. I suggest a preview of the pre-requisits on the side when a feat is selected or even the entire description of the feat.
- This might simply be because of the game's early stage: The scene where cops kill the homeless people. There are no bodies after the killing, only blood stains.
- The small alley west of the gun range is frequently blocked by either the blonde guy on the east side or the blonde girl on the west side. Very annoying having to wait until they move out of the alley. Perhaps a no-go-zone for NPCs in that alley would avoid this.
- Pressing F12 during a fight to return to main menu breaks the game. The battle status window will remain visible, even in the main menu.
- The scene with Cassy fighting with her boyfriend: The last message when talking to her is repeated twice. It might also have been triggered when I pressed enter at a certain time, but it did not restart the convo loop it just repeated the last message.
- I recommend adding WASD keys for walking and C for cancel. It makes it easier than having to press ESC and most people I presume are familiar with the WASD key bindings. Plus it's just more comfortable for lazy people like me
- The game crashes or rather breaks and gets you stuck, when you choose the attack option when the Deathlord guy approaches you.
- I found a treasure chest that had a standard RPG Maker skin next to the shop where the girl is being robbed by 3 thugs. It contained 9999CC, this was probably forgotten after debugging? Definetly helped me get the best gear and kick some ass. That was fun lol
- The first time I approached the mohawk, white vest guy, the game crashed to desktop. I simply reloaded and tried again and then it worked. This sounds like an asynchronous error. Sorry if I don't have more specifics on that.
That's all for now. I played until I got to the point where the doc told me to go see the informant about my character's memory problem.
On a final note:
The performance is struggling sometimes and I have a decent gamer pc. Maybe take a look at the fps and certain moments where it drops. I feel like there are some asynchronous or multiple running processes in the background running unnecessarily sometimes. But overall performance definetly improved since last time I played.
Keep up the good work! It's looking really good!
I also saw a few grammar mistakes here and there. If you want, I can point you towards some.
Mostly it's past tense mistakes where you wrote stuff like "He did got shot" instead of "He did get shot"
I don't know if there is a plugin for this in RMVXA, but you can either override the F12 binding via plugin or program yourself. It's a very simple line, at least for js, but I'm not familliar with ruby and the architecture of RMVXA unfortunately. I'm sure someone in the forum can help you out with this one- I didn't even know that F12 returns to the menu! As for the solution? I wouldn't know how to fix this besides add a warning not to press F12 while in a battle.
The biggest performance drop I witnessed was when a battle starts. Maybe there is something with the battle engine or background events from the map are not on pause? Just spitballing here.On the topic of performance, I'll have to check the parallel processes again to see if there are any I don't need to run all the time.
Next run through I'll send you a listPlease point me towards the grammar mistakes! There is so much dialogue that I won't be able to catch everything by myself.