RMVXA [DEMO v1.3!] Palasiel Quest

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by McTricky, Jul 14, 2012.

1. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you! :D

Big update today! First of all is a sketch of another character in the game called Soltier!
    [​IMG]

Next, we have some screenshots of the location titles that pop up when you enter them for the first time!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I realise that the subtitle underneath "Kingdom of Parisa" is difficult to read. I'll be adjusting it so that it reads better, but it says:
    False dominion begets a realm of upheaval and ideas of insurrection.

Also, a new piece of the soundtrack I can share with y'all! This one is called "She Sought Avowal" and acts as a boss theme that appears in the demo that's out!

And lastly! Thing for Demo B are well underway! I've finally finished eventing and coding up to the event that will make up the pilot's first two (out of five) acts. All that's left for me to do is flesh it all out in terms of content, such as adding sidequests, NPCs in the towns as well as sourcing art and getting more voiceover in which will probably take a few months! I hope to get Demo B out by the end of the year if things go well!

Jayje likes this.
  2. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Under your spoiler, this appeared at the top :|

3. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No worries, I fixed it the second I posted it!

Nightblade50 likes this.
  4. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Great. XD

5. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello all! Another update for y'all!

Here are two new characters! Their sketches were shown in earlier posts, but here's the proper art!

Firstly, we have Sonali Nero, the anarchistic assassin with a penchant for dancing and destruction!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And lastly, we have Mistress, the laidback barmistress of the local bar "The Triton".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jayje and IAmJakeSauvage like this.
  6. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Another update! I updated the Features section on the first post! I also replaced all the screenshots with the more recent ones (especially the once that use the new text font).

As well as that, I have a video for you all!

I animated these cut-ins entirely within RPG Maker using the (Show/Move Picture commands) for the investigative sections that will have you play as Opal Beryl, the Genius Alchemage along with her sidekick Nolland Roche. The cut-ins are styled after the Danganronpa series, but the gameplay will be more similar to that of the Ace Attorney games.

Here are the static images!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jayje, Nightblade50 and slimmmeiske2 like this.
  7. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Another character update! Two characters to update you with!

The first is Soltier Fynn! He will be voiced by Sean Chiplock! You can hear him as Subaru Natsuki in Re:Zero, Yuuki Mishima in Persona 5, Revali in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Kiyotaka Ishimaru in Danganronpa: Trigger Harmony!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next is Thema Al-Seri! She will be voiced by Marissa Lenti! You can hear her as Libra from Fairy Tail, Momoko Hyakushiki from NANBAKA!, Atsuko Yoshida from Keijo!!! and Henrietta from Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Speaking of voice acting, here's a little clip of a boss fight from the game featuring the voices of Jasmine Carbonell as Elise Fiore and Heidi Tabing as Sonali Nero!

Jayje and GHNeko like this.
  8. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello! New update!

First is a new little feature I've bought to Palasiel Quest called Crisis Guard!
    Crisis Guard will occur in certain boss battles. When you trigger a certain prerequisite, the boss will prepare to unleash a devastating attack on the party. The party will then have the chance to engage what is called a Crisis Guard. By inputting the prompts on the screen for each character, they will begin to properly defend against the attack. If any of the characters fail, then they will not receive protection. In the video example below, in the first case, the boss will use her "Indignation" attack if the battle goes on for too long. In the second case, the boss will use her "Sunburst" attack if her minions are defeated before her.

Second, is a little video showing a few scenes with voice acting! The cast includes Bryson Baugus as Daran, Amber Lee Connors as Ariel, Marissa Lenti as Thema, and Laura Looi as Aceri!

And lastly, if you watched both videos you would've heard a particular battle theme! This is it! It's called "Her Silent Conviction" and acts as part of Thema Al-Seri's theme!

9. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Been a while, so a slew of updates! First is some new artwork is in for one of the villains in the game, Aceri!

[​IMG]

Also, I had some battler images done by Nivalcart!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also I started to work on some character introductions slides (using the Picture commands)!

[​IMG]

Jayje and Mimironi like this.
  10. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I came here for the THICC lady bus--I mean, GREAT GAME!!

11. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Introducing the new CrossChat feature! This will replace this "Skits" that are currently in Demo A! They'll have a new look and will look like the video below!

Jayje likes this.
  12. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Some new CG artwork for the game by GeckosArt!

[​IMG]

slimmmeiske2 and Jayje like this.
  13. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's been a while since the last update! I recently started my Master' degree so I've had little time to work on this. I just recently finished a character theme for one of the main characters, Opal Beryl! It's called "#BlackGirlMagic", and fuses strong strings, melancholic melodies and piano and a trap/hip-hop rhythm. The inspiration for the track is from "New World Order" from the Danganronpa series.

Jayje and Mimironi like this.
  14. NativeAlien

NativeAlien Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In all respect, I would hire a storyboard artist to bring the cliche plot to life with world-specific details and dialogue-writing which make the universe unique.

McTricky likes this.
  15. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Some updates for you all!

I've integrated an updated "boss battle announcement" in the game. Before, the game used to flash some text before saying "Get Ready! Fight!".

I've made this a lot more flashy with even flashier quotes, complete with image slide-ins. The idea was to make it resemble a 2D fighting game of sorts! You can see them in the video below!

Also, a new track has been completed. This is called "Divergent Wills" and is the boss theme that will play during special sidequests and secret bosses.

Jayje and Biestmann like this.
  16. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love the boss warning, very well done! As is the new music track! It's easy to tell you pour a lot of thought and love into this project, so I am glad to see you keep on going! Best of luck!

McTricky likes this.
  17. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Palasiel Quest by default has no victory theme play at the end of battles. This was a conscious design choice as I personally feel that victory feels start to become super monotonous after a while, especially during grinding.

Of course, let it not be said that I'm not an advocate for choice and options! Palasiel Quest DOES in fact have a victory theme, and can be turned on via options!

It's called "Cradle of Victory"!

Jayje likes this.
  18. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I recently remade one of the tracks that was originally cut from the game. It's called Vanguard , and will serve as one of the boss-specific themes in the game (of which there will be a lot of). You can hear the original version here.