RMMV Demon Dark

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Synopsis
Mimi, a young girl hiding a dark secret (she's a half demon, but shhh... don't tell the humans!), is on an adventure to explore her mothers homeland. But not too far into her adventure she meets Gaston, a young 'Treasure Hunter', who has found a map to the six Dragon Eye Temples, legendary gemstones said to be all that remains of the dragons, and a series of objects that Mimi's great grandfather launched an attack on the humanlands for...

Characters

Mimikai (Mimi)
The daughter of Demon King Ahir and the legendary human warrior Valencia. After growing up in the demonlands under her parents care, she wants to see her mothers homeland, and after proving that she can defend herself her parents agree, but only if she keeps under the guise of a human, and takes a guardian with her.

Ignari
The guardian Ahir appoints to protect his daughter while she explores the humanlands. She is a dragonkind, created many years ago by Demon King Ymir. She hates being outside of the Demonlands, and distrusts humans, and is constantly reminding Mimi not to reveal herself.

Gaston
A 'Treasure Hunter' who has found a map to the Dragon Eye Temples. What he intends to do with the gems if he finds them is unclear, but he seems to have something in mind.

Margarita
A young priestess on the road to sainthood, she is advised in a vision to accompany Mimi and Gaston on their quest to find the Dragon Eye gemstones, but that is all she will reveal to them.

Screenshots

Other Information

-I am limiting myself to 20x20 maps (at the biggest), and only 4 maps per area at most, so any explorable areas are going to be small, so I don't think the game will be too long.
-I intend for only the main character, Mimi, to be customisable, so you will be able to choose a range of skills for both in and out of battle, all other character will have skills learned through leveling like a regular rpg.
-I intend to try and customise how skills are used in battles so that what you choose can make battles more interesting, or do something you don't expect.
-I'm hoping to have this game finished in a month, so fingers crossed!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
UPDATE - Day 4

Maps
-Demon Keep (exterior & interior)
-Town 1(exterior & interior)
-Forest (1,2,3,4,5)
-Town 2 (exterior)
-Forest Temple (exterior & interior)

Dialogue
-None

Database
-Skills worked out in excel

Eventing
-None

Other Notes

I'm really excited to be working on another game, and I really hope I haven't given myself too hard of a job to do. For the moment I seem to be focusing on the mapping, which is fine, I'm going to keep on with that until the 7th, then throw myself into doing other things, most specifically the database and the game dialogue. The week after will be taken up with eventing and stuff, and then the last week until the 30th will be polishing off and finishing up bits and pieces.

Iif I can I will also try to post a demo of the first 'quest' of the game, without the fancy details that will come in the polishing week, but should hopefully give you a good idea of what can be done in the game, and an idead of the main character at least!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
UPDATE -Day 5

Maps
-Forest Temple (exterior & interior) (decided to redo the interior of the temple, wasn't happy with it, but am happy with it now! so much that I will share it with you!)
It looks empty now, but thats only because the sneak attack plants are in place yet... they'll allow the player to use skills, or timing to get past to reach the centre.
-Posion Marsh
-Posion Temple

Dialogue
-None

Database
-Skills worked out in excel

Eventing
-None

Other Notes

I made a sneak attack flower for the forest dungeon! have a gif!
It will come in three different colours, pink, blue and yellow, and each will deal different damage if your caught by them, and different status effects. eg. blue is posion, yellow can stun player for further attacks, pink are just damage dealers

I'm finding it difficult to concentrate at the moment. When I started I was at my parents, with the house to myself and nothing but the mentalist on tv to distract me, and I feel I did so much mapping and planning, but now that I'm home, and with all the things that come with it (cleaning, cooking, getting annoyed by my very bored husband who doesn't have an awesome hobby like I do!) I feel like I'm loosing my concentration... How am I going to keep myself focused?

I'm heading back out to my parents next week, so I'll do my very best to get lots done while I'm there for a few days!

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
UPDATE - Day 6

Unfortunately I don't have anything to report, as real life got in te way, byr I did make a decision that will make my mapping both easier and harder, I've decide all the temples in the game will have the samw basic outline and structure, and the internal mapping, ie, what the temple represents, such as fire or wind etc, is what will make it different, with different ways to get through it and such.

Hopefully it'll help my mapping be quicker at least, and will force me to be more creative in order to make it more interesting! lol

liviticus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

This game does interest me, I'm looking forward to a demo :).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@liviticus Thanks, I hope I don't disappoint!

UPDATE - Day 8

Mapping is taking a backseat while I sit down and flesh out the story and start the dialogue. I'm not very sure if the whole game will be finished in a month, but at the very least there should be at least half. But I won't know for sure until I work out my dialogue. So dependng on how they works we'll see if I can do some more mapping! lol.

One thing I'm having fun with is thinking of different ways that the player can 'win' a level. not everything has to be battles, like a proper d&d game, you can fight your way through, or you can use on map skills like disguise, or Play lullaby, or intimidate; you'll get points for using these just like you do for winning a battle, so you wouldn't lose out on exp or anything, and hopefully, if I can implement it right it can make interactions in towns and stuff more interesting.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Animalblack