Demon Hunter

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Fernyfer775, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ~*~*~*~ WARNING ~*~*~*~
     ​
    Game contains young girl with a potty mouth and many real world references including, but not limited to: Sex, race, gender, etc!

Demon Hunter
     ​
     ​
    SYNOPSIS and STORYLINE
     ​
    Demon Hunter is an old-school Turn-Based styled RPG game mixed with "monster capture" elements similar to games like Pokemon and Persona. The game features a simple, yet effective alchemy/crafting system with 50 different recipes to learn and master. The game also features a weapon/armor randomizer, where each drop can roll randomized stats, ranging from very common items to super rare legendary items with boosted stats. The game features 65 capturable demons.

Demon Hunter's story revolves around a young boy by the name of Alex, who is chosen by the Holy Order, the Demon Hunters to partake in the Demon Hunter Trials, where youth from around the world are sent on a journey to defeat the evil entities known as "Legion".  Alex soon finds out that there is much more to his mission than just destroying demons and saving towns...will he succeed in liberating the world of the Legion, or will he fall like so many before him...?

​
     ​
    FEATURES
    -Turn Based Battle System with Animated Characters and Enemies.

-Side-View Battle System

-65 Demon Pets to be captured.

-Alchemy / Cooking / Gathering / Crafting system with 50 recipes to learn and master.

-5 different "classes" with various abilities add strategy to party management.

-Diablo-esque Randomized Equipment. Color and strength of item changes to depict rarity.

-35 Amusing Side-Quests.

-House System where you may buy furniture to decorate your own personalized home!

-And more to come...
     ​
     ​

CHARACTER BIOS
    Alexface.png Alex.png

Name: Alex

Role: Main Character / Protagonist

Biography: Young boy from Elkin Village who was drafted to partake in the Demon Hunter Trials. Alex is a very optimistic and sweet boy who likes nothing more than to see others happy, which makes him an ideal candidate for the trials, since the task of a Demon Hunter is to bring peace, harmony, and happiness to the lands. Alex was orphaned as a child when his parents were chosen to partake in the trials...sadly, they never returned.

Biancaface.png Bianca.png

Name: Bianca

Role: Alex's Best Friend

Biography: Bianca is the second draftee from Elkin Village to partake in the Demon Hunter Trials. Unlike Alex, Bianca is hard headed, stubborn, and sharp tongued, which often gets her into trouble with anybody of authority. Like Alex, Bianca's parents were drafted into the trials, but never made it back alive.

Moggoface.png Moggo.png

Name: Moggo

Role: Demon Pet

Biography: Moggo is Alex's very first demon "pet" that he begins his trials with. Moggo is a very wise, yet witty demon, who guides Alex throughout his trials. Moggo has a very cryptic past, and seldom speaks about it with Alex...what could he so afraid of sharing...?

Legionface.png

Name: Legion

Role: Antagonist 

Biography: The Legion are the prime evils of the world. They are continually banished back to the nether (hell) by Demon Hunters, but due to the darkness in the hearts of men, they are able to return and wreak havoc upon the world. There is no known way of completely destroying a Legion, so the only option that humanity has is to play in this never ending conflict of good versus evil. 
    SCREENSHOTS
     ​
     ​
    innerdarknessscreenie.png
     ​
    Battle.png
     ​
    DemonHunter1.png
     ​
    DemonHunter2.png
     ​
    DemonHunter3.png
     ​
    DemonHunter6.png
     ​
    piano.png

​

Special Thanks to the following for their AMAZING resources, scripts, and music!
     ​
     ​
    Yanfly

Yami

Modern Algebra

Tsukihime

AdiktuzMiko 

Moghunter

Holder's Animated Battlers

Fomar

Efeberk

Craze Script Asylum

V.M. of D.T.

Vlue of Daimonious Tails

Falcao

bStefan aka Regendo

Raizen

Halrawk

Casper Gaming

William Couillard  

Seiryuki

Scythuz

Zane

​
    Luna

Zed

projectlight

Celianna

Enterbrain

Mack

Davias

Smithygcn

Soruve

Zanyzora

Inquisitor

Soruve

​
    Media-Fire Download Link
     ​
     ​
    Non-RTP  (Media Fire)
     ​
    RMN Website with Direct Download
     ​
     ​
     ​
    KNOWN BUGS
    N/A​
     ​
    DISCLAIMER
     ​
    I do not intend to go commercial with this project, I am making it completely for fun, and for friends who have always told me I had a knack for storytelling and that I should put those stories into a real life project. Many characters depicted in the game are not of my own creation (example: Final Fantasy character sprites, names, etc, and all sources are credited in the credits). That Being said, please enjoy!​
     ​
     ​
    Development Status
    100% COMPLETE!​
     ​
     ​
    Developer - Game Tips:
     ​
    #1: Take advantage of the in-game workshop! Having a steady supply of potions and status effect healers will come in handy. Especially if you don't have a healer demon, or your healer demon is K.O.'d!

#2: Not much grinding (if any) is needed to get from point A to point B within the story-line, but here are a few decent "level goals" to try and reach prior to fighting certain bosses:

• 1st boss: Elkin Tunnels Boss - Lvl 7-9 min.
    • 2nd boss: Accu City Boss - Lvl 14-16 min.
    • 3rd boss: Swamp Boss - Lvl 19-20 min.
    • 4th boss: Kader Boss - Lvl 20-22 min.
    #3: Do quests! You get gold, treasure, permanent stat boosts for Alex, and experience!

#4: Cooking! Is a boss kicking your ass? Then try making some stat-boosting food for that extra oomph!

#5: As you catch more and more demons, Moggo becomes empowered and can learn abilities from different class, enabling you to customize him to fit your needs. Want him to be your powerhouse demon? DO IT! Need him to be more versatile to suit the needs of your team, do that too! Just make sure you choose carefully, because once he learns an ability, there's no going back to choose the others!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Wow, my name is in there... XD... Btw, the spoiler tags for the screenshots and credits are wrong... :)

PS: Is that a sora inspired sprite?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  3. Haydeos

Haydeos The Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    SO! I just tried it...Here are some major/minor bugs to fix!

Major problem:

The game started at the wrong point! I didn't realize it until I walked into Alex's house and a cutscene started that was meant to be at the start of the game.

I know this, because the game froze as Alex tried to move where he wasn't able to, since I was at the doorway instead of the bed where he should be. (I always check the 'skip if cant move' box for safety.

I actually started the game being led to Biatrix. I'm assuming you were testing it out, then forgot to move the player start point back to your home.

Minor bugs:

Biatrix, her sprite doesn't match her face.

Spelling mistake that stood out to me is Holiness is with an I not a Y >.>

also, at the end of a battle, Alex will say "Hey what's this?" even when there's nothing looted.

Can't really give any full opinions at this moment.

4. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the input guys! ^_^

Adiktuzmiko: Thanks for the heads up, hahah! Spoilers fixed, and YES! Sora inspired sprite for the win!

Haydeos: Wow, talk a bout a huge bug alright. Link is updated with "fixed" starting position lol.

1: Fixed typo. (One down, I am certain there are TONS more to go!)

2: Adjusted the Beatrix sprite to match the face!

3: Made battle quotes a bit more appropriate!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  5. TenWren

TenWren Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I love monster catching games, so I really want to try this out, but your Mediafire link isn't working for me.

6. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    That's odd, it should be fixed now.

7. TenWren

TenWren Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    As of this post I just finished up business in Elkin. Bear with me if I mention something that gets answered later in the game.

Overall, I'm really liking it! I'm using Moggo, Minoros, and a third slot for whoever I want to try next. Moggo is a murderbeast and became the real leader of the party after he learned Cleave.

Demons: I'm enjoying this aspect of the game. I felt like I caught all five of the forest's tamable demons in a reasonable amount of time (though Rovo took its sweet time showing up, haha). It wasn't tedious since I didn't need to weaken demons to tame them, and I could tell at a glance whether a demon was tamable or not. At the same time, it wasn't overly easy. Since the blue flames were randomized, I was encouraged to explore the map looking for demons I hadn't tamed yet, and to complete quests in the forest as well. I also like the FF13 style classes for each demon because it lets me know what to expect.

Dungeon Crystals: Oh my god, I wish these were in every monster trainer game I've played. If I'm in a new area I'm always going to try and Catch Them All, so I appreciate knowing what I'm looking for. I'm not sure how useful it is knowing how many ravagers, synergists, etc. I have, but maybe I'm just missing something. It would be more helpful to know what species I've already caught--if there's 50 tamable demons out there, it could be a hassle later trying to figure out whether I caught that Vena or not. I also like that it's a boss detector.

Enemies (Untamable Demons): I ran into two bats early on when it was just Moggo and Alex and man, those things were tough to take down! They had a lot of HP, but I understand since you have to balance the monsters around having a party of four. I'm not that good at game balancing or knowing what to look for, so I don't have much more to say about it.

Music: FF9 music is awesome. That pretty much covers it.

Items: Big fan of the randomized equipment and the treasure chest drops. I look forward to seeing what new stuff I get, and I appreciate that the game gives me the option to open more chests if I have them in my inventory. I would like it if the game explained the ability of a magic scroll before I used it on a party member. Oh, I also really liked the weapon choice that the Magister gives you before you leave for the woods. (Scimitar for life)

Demon Hunter's Manual: This has a lot of good information in it, but I wish that some options didn't exit me completely out of the Manual when I was done reading a page. I know RPG Maker is a pain when it comes to having more than four options as choices, though.

Quest Log: This should have its own dedicated menu instead of mixed in with the other items.

Alchemy: I didn't get too much into the alchemy or gems, yet. I did some harvesting and I made a couple potions but I'm still at level 1. All the good stuff is locked away at level 3... In any case, I like being able to make my own stuff in the field.

Cooking: Spelling correction, it's "cooking utensils." (I haven't unlocked level three alchemy yet to cook anything, haha.)

Boss Battle:

vs. Legion: I think the AI broke because Legion stopped attacking me after a few rounds. Maybe it has something to do with Sunder Agility, which I was using? When I got it down to the point it was yelling "I am Legion!" it "attacked desperately" one more time and then stopped fighting again.
    Tone: You're clearly having a lot of fun with the real world references, so do what feels right to you. I found them jarring because the beach scene at the start and the scene with the Magister set a pretty grim tone for the game. These kids have been chosen, unwillingly, to complete a highly dangerous quest that has resulted in the deaths of people they (or at least Bianca) cares about. Then later, when Alex receives his equipment... Well, he got something, all right. Sometimes my demons channel their inner doge when they come across gold. There's hoodrat trouble in Elkin Town. It gets a little silly. Don't interpret this as "remove all jokes, make it angsty and grimdark," but while I chuckled at the friendzone stuff (Alex has hormones, after all), the Walmart references and others didn't mesh with the tone I thought this game had. (Maybe fantasy up the references? "Lo, I have acquired your demon hunting garb from the fabled Mart of Wal." wow don't listen to me I'm terrible)

That being said, I found Bianca to be hilarious.

I like to think her Inner Darkness saw her sass out the Magister and think "wow, what do you need ME for?" which is why it didn't come out. She had my full permission to drown Alex at the beach after that "Haha I saw you crying in your sleep" line, but he saved her from the Fun Times Caravan so I guess they're even.
    That about sums it up. I'll keep playing until I run lot of stuff to do, and check in for updates! You've got a really great start here.

Oh, wait:Tunnel Stuff:

How many people were crystallized down there total? I freed 6.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  8. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    TenWren: First of all, I would love to thank you for the great feedback and for trying out my game! :D

Now, onto business! I have taken into consideration some of your feedback and have made the following fixes and adjustments:

SUPER DUPER MEGA SPOILER!

Moggo:

He is meant to be your powerhouse "go-to" class. He will pretty much overpower any of the other demons you may capture early on, and he comes with a variety of skills from the different classes, but he doesn't learn the "higher tiered" skills like the other demons do, so that's the trade off for keeping him around. (For example, a Ravager Demon may learn Whirlwind and Shockwave, which are stronger versions of Cleave, whereas Moggo can't. Same goes for healing spells. -*Hint Hint* Magic Scrolls can help with this!

Demons:

I tried to make them just rare enough that they took a bit of work to find, but not so rare that you were running around forever just trying to find one. I spread them out the  way they are for questing purposes, since some quests make you re-visit previous areas, I figured you would make more use of your time running around the
    dungeons that way.

Dungeon Crystal:

I took your feedback and tweaked the crystals to tell you which of the demons in that area you have caught! ^_^ Saves you from scrolling through your list of demons to see if you've caught it yet hahah. (Would be a pain after catching 15+ I would
    imagine!)

Enemies:

I am playing around with the Enemy Levels script I am using so that it bases the strength of the enemies according to how many demons you have in your party (at least for the beginning forest dungeon). Enemy levels can fluctuate +3/-3 from the
    character party, so you probably got whacked with a "Your level + 3" bat lol,
    I'll try to figure out something to avoid that, at least until you have a full party.

Items:

Added more details to magic scrolls into the Manual. I was actually planning on making the 1st Magic Scroll you get a part of the story line, so that there's no confusion as to what they are! Thanks for the feedback on that though, you reminded me to do that!

Demon Hunter Manual:

Fixed! I had the label set up but forgot to add the "Jump to Label" tags! ^_^

Quest Log:

Going to try and find a script that will either allow me to make another item tab for the quests, or do an actual quest log journal that you access via the menu. Still on the fence with this one.

Alchemy:

You caught me...the alchemy system was thrown together in the span of a few hours without too much thought to be honest lol. Going to configure the levels at which you learn new recipes, and tweak the gather/crafting to level up ratio a bit. I plan to make the system a bit more streamline from lvl 1 to max level.  
    PS - Fixed "Cooking Utensils" typo!

Battle:

I will have to run a few tests and see what happened. It could be some sort of incompatibility with "troop events" and the ATB system I am using and I might have to make some tweaks.  

UPDATE: I believe I found the culprit! I had SPAN set to "BATTLE" instead of "TURN", so he only did the action one time. Hopefully that fixes that issue.

Tone:

I tend to go a bit overboard with "humor" and after a few test plays I have contemplated on either lightening up the main plot, or toning down the humor (most likely the latter),
    thank you for that!

Bianca:

I have a LOT planned for her, but that will remain a secret for now!

Tunnel Stuff:

Yes, there were only 6 trapped souls. Congrats! ^_^
    I think I'll add a small event if you find them all via Moggo. Maybe a "I think that's the last one, I don't sense anymore" bla bla bla or something rather. 

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  9. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Major Fixes and/or Updates Thanks to Feedback
    • Personalized Victory Aftermath quotes for every character and demon (for battle wins, level up, and items found)!
    • Faceset and Sprite changes to better match each other
    • Added more information to Demon Hunter Manual.
    • Added a "Demon's Caught" option to see which demons you've caught in every area.
    • Made more item Categories for the Items menu (Quest Log, alchemy supplies, etc).
    • Achievement System with prizes added!
    • Story line expanded to include the next "Legion" boss and sub-quests.
    • Minor Alchemy system updates.
    • New Accessories added.
    • Minor game balance adjustments.

10. Ichimaru Gin

Ichimaru Gin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good game, very well put together. Nice story and very interesting. Great structure and balance with battle.

But battle isn't fun, the enemies are too strong in the beginning.  I don't really understand why when you capture a demon they look different. Like rovo is so tiny compared to when I fight him.

Overall nice game, I havent finished yet but 7/10

11. Ramil

Ramil Intermediate Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I downloaded the game and just finished it and it was a blast.

The storyline is really good, the lore quickly got me hooked. A demon hunter who fights demons and catches and raise demons. I'm a sucker for games that are similar to Pokemon so that easily pulled me in. The one thing that struck me odd was how you can capture monsters at any health percentage. 
    Another things was fighting monsters was a pain in the beginning. Just with me and my little companion, we quickly got encumbered until I caught two other monsters.
    The adult humor in the game was amusing and refreshing and the small side quests are lovely.
    There were three bugs in encountered this game which destroyed my experience. 
    The first bug is small and I fled from my first monster since they are so op without any teammates. After getting back to the main world the game just freezes. ( I believe the monster is trying to flee somewhere but it got stuck)
    The second bug was major. My first boss fight I was under leveled but still winning and almost got him killed...then it happened. The boss drained my dog's hp then and error pop up on the screen. 

[​IMG]
    The third bug was also major and was also another boss fight. After around the fifth turn she completely stopped attacking me. So I just spammed my attacks on her until she died.

Other then that, the game was really fun and I look forward for the updates. Btw that dance place had the best music ever!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  12. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Ichimaru Gin: Thank you so much for your feedback! The most recent demo that will be released soon (hopefully this coming weekend, since school is getting hectic right now), and that one includes some major beginning dungeon balancing. I have also went ahead and updated all of the battler sprites to better match the party sprites.

Ramil: I really appreciate you putting in the time to play my game and give some valuable feedback.

I have looked into most of the bugs you have reported and made some adjustments that will hopefully *crosses fingers* fix all of the issues mentioned!

There was a compatibility issue with the troop events and ATB system I'm using, so I made some adjustments to the bosses so that they should no longer stop attacking after a few turns into the battle.

PS- I'm glad you liked the Concert Hall, I had a blast making the place! ^_^

Again, thank you both for your invaluable feedback! Please be on the lookout for the new demo being released sometime this week with a whole slew of major updates and more content! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  13. Ichimaru Gin

Ichimaru Gin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I tried to continue you playing the game and discovered a bug. Whenever you escape a battle the game freezes, and I don't want to do every battle because for some reason your battles are ridiculously long. I captured a lvl 4 rovo, and then fought a lvl 3 rovo, it was a four on one and it took me way to long to kill it. The long battles

make the game boring.

I also can't get out the forest

14. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Ichimaru: I've done some extensive re-balancing that will be included in the next demo. Normal enemies no longer have such a bloated amount of HP. (Error on my part on the formulas used in calculating enemy parameters) I also fixed the bug where the game freezes on escape. Thank you for your feedback! ^_^

15. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    I am currently doing a few test plays to make sure there are no major bugs, and when everything looks good to go, I will release a new updated demo featuring TONS of updates since the previous release.  :D

Expect the new demo within a day or two!

​
    Some of the New Stuff
    • Achievement System
    • Home decoration mini-quest/game
    • Updated Alchemy system
    • 4 new major locations and 2 more bosses
    • Enemy Battlers overhaul
    • HUGE stat balancing
    • Bug Fixes, such as bosses freezing, and the game crashing on escapes
    • Full fledged card battle mini-game with over 40 collectible cards! 
    • And more!

Here are a few more screenshots for those who are curious as to what I've been working on in the last few weeks!

Sigpic.png

Achievements.png

Alchemyscreenie.png
    Swamp.png

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  16. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    New greatly improved demo now LIVE!

Demo features about 4-5 hours of game play including:

• First 15 capturable demons!
    • Full fledged Triple Triad card game with over 100 cards to collect!
    • Four bosses and dungeons to explore.
    • Completely revamped Crafting system with 50+ recipes! (Demo does not include every recipe yet)
    • Fully customizable house. (with more features to be added)
    • 12+ side-quests (With the total in game being aimed at about 40)
    • And much much more.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
  17. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    I've been working on applying different tilesets to my maps, and slowly shy away from some of the RTP stuff.

For those who have already played the demo, here's a revamp of the initial village: "PonPon Village"

New PonPon Village.png
    Currently working on adding "Demon Hunter duels", kinda like in pokemon, where you battle other trainers.

Also adding more side-quests to PonPon and Elkin Village to make the beginning area more mini-quest heavy, I felt like they were lacking.

Also looking into replacing the ATB battle system with a turn-based system to have better control over enemy actions and states.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  18. TenWren

TenWren Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    That map looks awesome!

I got to the end of the demo with Vampiro, the white goo Saboteur, and Aquaroar. What a stopping point, haha. You're going to have to forgive me, I beat the demo like three days before this post so I may be forgetting some things (and I regrettably did not get to Triple Triad stuff). I'll talk about the new additions and changes first:

Workshop Stuff: Now that this has been fleshed out, I used crafting, cooking, and alchemy all pretty extensively. The only thing I ended up buying at the general store was more recipes and vials of water. I harvested enough materials just wandering around the map that I wasn't really buying things at the store, but it's handy to have things available to buy. Very much enjoyed being able to make use of the demons' accessory slots through crafting as well. The higher level recipes for everything seem reasonable and easy enough to level towards.

Dungeon Crystals: The Demons Caught option is much appreciated. I don't really have much else to say about this, the crystal's super helpful for telling me about the area.

Furniture: Well yes I technically do have the money to buy that Iron Claw to help my demons fight the Legion, but I get a free jumbo mirror if I buy these curtains, soooo

Menu: Much nicer now that everything has its own category.

Objective Reminder?:  There was a moment when I was heading off to find a plot-important person outside of Accu.

The hermit that Anatasia was talking about. Basically I stopped playing for a while after she told me where to go, and then I started playing again later. However, by then  I'd forgotten where I was supposed to go. I eventually figured it out (oh hey that rope is new), but it wouldn't hurt if Anatasia or Moggo or someone had a brief "Remember go to X, Y, and Z to find the hermit" dialogue in case the player needs a reminder of what to do.
    On to other things!

Tamable Demons: I've caught them all so far and have been cycling them in and out of my party, though I haven't done a whole lot with any Synergists or Medics. The only one that was a total pain to get was Vampiro, which was a combination of bad luck and not looking for optimal routes through the swamp to find blue flames.

Is it just me, or are the new demons you can find in an area objectively better than the old ones? I mean I loved Rovo (bestest shield dog) and all, but I ditched him for an Orunda at the first opportunity and in turn replaced that with an Aquaroar. I bring it up because I've been more hesitant to use magic scrolls now that I've encountered these new demons. I'm unsure whether to use it on a demon when I know a better version of that demon is coming down the line. I wouldn't hesitate to use one on Moggo, but I chose not to use him this run.

Second and Third Armor Tiers: Okay, I laughed. I know I said something about tone in an earliest post but this is too much fun, I can't want to see what the next sets of armor are called.

Ferny and Robert: I like these two guys, they're silly but they're clearly competent at what they do.

Costumes:
    I hope there are more because Alex is rocking the one Rupaul gave him. It's cool that Alex has nothing but good things to say about it, haha. (because it's not coming off ever)
    Boss Stuff:

Accu: The Concert Hall fight was my favorite fight in the demo. The boss hit hard and Dark Purged often, which split my attention between reapplying debuffs, laying on damage, and keeping my party alive. My party didn't have Riptide support prior to this fight, and I think I would have been destroyed if I hadn't bought Alex the Book of the Medic. But besides that, what I really enjoyed about the fight was how Alex became more useful, gameplay-wise. Before, the best he could do (in my party anyway) was Wound and hope for a Laceration proc with his scythe, but with the books from the Emporium he came into his own in a big way.

Also, the crystallized people is a clever way of rewarding the player with an in-game explanation.

Swamp: I chose not to collect all the Felward leaves the first time, haha. Might I suggest putting one of the leaves closer to the hermit's house to give the player an idea of what to look for? I wasn't sure at first so I was clicking on every possible plant object on the map before I backtracked enough to find what I was actually looking for.

Kader: That was a neat change of pace, and the looping aspect really sold the idea of an otherwordly setting. There was also a lot of foreshadowing in that part so I can't wait to see what happens next.

Mini-Bosses: I really like mini-bosses like Prick and Recni. I think it would be a lot of fun if you incorporated more mini-bosses into quests.
    ---

Other Observations, etc.

Pyir: Do moves get replaced? I had a Pyir with Fury Swipes for a while and then out of nowhere it was replaced with Slash Attack. I didn't see when the switch happened.

Slash Attack: I think the damage formula on this is off. It's supposed to do medium physical damage, but it does less damage than if I had just selected "Attack." Which is why I was sad when it replaced Fury Swipes.
    Saboteur Class: Spelled "Saboteur."

Sammich Time Quest: I approached Hubby from the left and he faced the right when speaking. If there was a story reason for it and it's not just Move Route Shenanigans then forgive me, I accidentally pushed through his dialogue too fast.

Kader, Wet and Wild: If you approach the man sitting at the bar on the left hand side, the two men that follow you around will trap you in the gap.

Kader, Merchant Area: The wall behind the weapons merchant can be walked through.

Oracle's Mansion: The Old Lady on the first floor is missing a tag. All her dialogue is purple.

Boss Stuff:

Oracle Fight: At the beginning of the fight, the boss has a text box pop up, but there's no dialogue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  19. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    TenWren: As always, your feedback has been extremely valuable and appreciated!

Le-Spoiler:

Workshop Stuff: I'm glad you liked the changes I made to this. Having those items (potions, etc) in the shops seem redundant now, since you can easily make them, but later recipes require some of those more basic items, so instead of having to backtrack and re-gather old harvesting supplies, being able to buy them pre-made from a shop will save the player some time! ^_^

Dungeon Crystals: That was all 100% thanks to your feedback, so again, thank you!

Furniture: I will be expanding this as well to include a cleaner buy interface and more furniture as well. Glad you liked it. > :D

Objective Reminder?: That is a great idea, I will definitely try to implement something like that!

Tamable Demons: When creating the demons of the same class, I did almost a carbon-copy of a template and then adjusted stats within a 10-15% percentage. I didn't really intend on newer demons to be stronger than older ones, so I will have to look at my balancing a bit to make sure it's not the case. I want players to choose the demon they like based more on their looks, than on their stats alone.

Second and Third Armor Tiers: > :D Glad you saw the light on this one. I have contemplated many times on changing these since I've gotten mixed initial reactions from the "wal-mart" stuff, but just like yourself, as players got to higher tiers, they loved where I was going.

Ferny and Robert: I'm glad you like their quirkiness, I plan on adding more sub-characters and demon hunters to spice up the world and lore a bit. (I don't know if you had the most recent demo or not to be introduced to the other demon hunter, Miranda or not, but she makes an appearance as another demon hunter as well)

Costumes: I think I have about 6 costumes implemented right now, and plan on adding more as I come across more ideas and achievement/quest rewards, heheh.

Swamp: Good idea, I will make sure to do that!

Kader: The story line will definitely pick up from there, I hoped to leave players craving more from the story that way, glad it had the effect I intended.

Mini-Bosses: Going to be adding many more for sure! I love secret bosses, dungeons, quests, etc, so my final product will be full of them!

Pyir/Slash Attack: There was an error in the formula, and this has been fixed! :D

Sammich Time Quest: I have his move route set to "Face player" but for whatever reason he always turns to the right...I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with this one...

Kader, Wet and Wild: Noted, and will get that fixed!

Kader, Merchant Area: This has been fixed! :D

Oracle's Mansion: Noted, and will get that fixed!

Oracle Fight: This has been fixed!

20. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Extreme Game Revamp Update with New Demo Available!

The Good News: Most Recent Demo Includes:

1. Revamped maps: PonPon, Elkin, and a few others updated so far.
    2. ATB System removed and replaced with Turn-Based system (For better control over boss AI).
    3. "Physical Attack" is now the default damage dealing stat.
    4. "Magical Attack" changed to "Spirit" which is used for the potency of healing spells.
    5. "Magical Defense" is now used to increase healing taken. (More Magic Defense = More healing received)
    6. New "Demon Hunter" mini-boss trainer added: Miranda. (1 of 4 trainers planned)
    7. New Battlebacks!
    8. Slight Armor and Weapon tweaks (higher chances of getting rarer items).
    9. More skill animations (Yay for Battle Symhpony!)
    10. Download File is 60MB LESS than before! (Hurray!)
    11. And more updates thanks to feedback!
    The Bad News: I did away with a few scripts and did some changes to the main database, so players will not be able to transfer their save files over... :( I sowwy!

Download and try the new demo today! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014