Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
o_O Woah, that's totally strange. That very much seems to be a bug...I will have to look into that.

Edit: I looked over the transfer event and even ran in and out of the door like twenty times to try and replicate the bug, but it worked out fine every time...hmmmm...

PS - After obtaining Mog and Alex steps out of the Town Hall building, he mentions wanting to go talk to Bianca (her house is the one south of yours).

PS: Here are some more screenshot updates!

Battle.png

tombstones.png

swoon.png

finisher.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just a little update on what I've been working on:

I went and got me some sweet tiles from that "Humble Bumble" weekly sale and

so I went and overhauled the "house customization" feature, and added a whole

load of new options for decorating your house! :D

Here are some screenshots of some of the things I've updated with the new tiles:

pic1.png

Pic2.png

Pic3.png

House Customization:

Pre-Customizing!

Beforepic.png

Example of some customization!

After.png
Additional Added Feature(s):

• Lots and lots of flavor text added to inspect able items around the world.
  • Quest givers now have "Quest" written over their head.
  • You may now purchase "Grab Bags" from certain towns and cities. These contain random armor and weapon pieces, with higher probability at rolling "Un-common" or higher level items!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Updated Demo!

Updates Included but no limited to:

1. Updated Maps (lots of graphical improvements).
  2. More game-play balancing (this is a never ending battle...)
  3. Added In-Dept Map features! (You can stand behind walls now, hurray! BUT, enemies can do so too...dun dun dun!)
  4. Tweaked bosses to be more strategic and more exciting!
  5. New-demo includes a bit more story before ending (for those of you who were fiending to find out what happened to The Oracle!)
  6. And more! :D

What I'm working on now:

1. Mapping for newer areas and continuing on with the story line.
  2. Creating/Adding more side-quests.

PS: You may not be able to transfer your old save file since some database and script changes were made...again, I am sorry! D:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There were a few bugs that were fixed in the most recent demo, and also a few more script changes...so, again...sorry to those who will have to start over, yet again! 

Here is the list of changes and fixes made:

1. Fixed major bug in PonPon town where if you slept at the inn, you would wake up on the bed itself and be unable to move.
  2. Adjusted experience gained on some of the crafting items. This will help speed up the rate at which you level some of the professions.
  3. Items acquired via treasure chests and by inspecting things throughout the world now show icons as well. (Yay for useless updates that make the game a little prettier!)
  4. Demon Emporium completely revamped to now be used as a "Ranking" and "Class Promotion" hub.
  • New attacks for Alex:
  • Holy Strike - Slash away the target leaving it vulnerable to Unholy Strike for one turn.
  • Unholy Strike - Deals additional damage to enemies after they've been struck by Holy Strike.
  • Also added similar effects to multiple attacks: For example, Fire attacks do extra damage to frozen targets, and Icy attacks do extra damage to targets who are burned. Fury Swipes, Slash Attack, and Mangle now deal extra damage to poisoned enemies, etc, etc.
  • Mend - A basic heal with a close equivalent strength to "Cure"  which essentially makes Alex a back-up healer if your Medic is struggling to keep the party alive. (Costs TP instead of MP, so this can't be used as a main form of healing)

• New attack(s) for Moggo:
  • Lancet - Tap into the mind of your enemy to learn their skill(s). This ability allows Moggo to learn new abilities from capturable enemies.

Screenshots!

PonPon Furniture Store!

Funiturestorepic.png

Revamped Demon Hunter Emporium!

Pic1.png
To piggy back off this post, I have done a giant overhaul of my enemy database and replaced all my enemy battlers with brand spanking new "Animated battlers"! > :D

Every enemy (except for the demons you catch and a few select others) are now completely animated! Screenshots will be uploaded soon!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
My most recent map for "Blison Fields"

So far, just have the map layout and enemy events on the map, but I plan to have many side-quests in this area.

Updates:

1. Two new maps added (Leading up to the next Legion)
  2. Much more story added (kicking off one of the major plot twists and direction of plot)
  3. Diagonal Movement added, and In-Dept maps script removed due to numerous bug reports.
Blison.png

ookami_lord

Best Lemon in the world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, i have to say your game is really interesting!xD

trying to defeat damn miranda and aracni queen.

i see you use many final fantsay characters lol.

1.I liked the demon hunter duo.

2.the smithing and alchemy is a good implementation to the game.

3.does moggo learn new skills from lancet? i seem to try in the demons but it says failed. maybe you didn't put skills for him yet?

anyways i'm not really good at feedbacking but this is what i have to say XD

i always like achievments and secret bosses :)

Hope you continue the game and that i beat the hell out of miranda :)

edit:

beat miranda and aracni queen`

but i have another thing:

1.in the swamp the monsters don't come after you, is it intentional?

and a sugestion, you could make a thing where it told you the mining and gathering level, if there is one i'm sorry :(

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ookami_Lord: I am very glad you liked it and thank you for playing! ^_^

• Lancet is a new implementation into my game and I still working on the details, so there will be improvements to that in due time.
  • The monsters in the swamp do not currently chase you since the pathing is so small in that area, I didn't want the player to have to get into too many battles. I will be expanding the paths on the map to give more "wiggle" room for the player to run from monsters before I make them aggresive.
  • As for the gathering/mining system I currently have, I will be revamping those well, but the show level thing isn't a bad idea!
Update to Moggo's Learn Skill System:

1. Removed LANCET ability from Moggo.
  2. Moggo will now be prompted to learn new skills after "X" amount of demons have been caught. Current implementation prompts Moggo to choose from 2-3+ new skills at every 4th demon caught.
Demo updated to reflect changes!

ookami_lord

Best Lemon in the world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
alright, so now moggo will learn skills from x caugh monsters?Hmm....interesting.

okay then XD

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, I kept fiddling with the script and balancing on the Lancet ability, but I just wasn't able to get it to do what I wanted, so I just tossed it altogether lol...

I will add the new skill acquisition explanation in the beginning when the Magister gives Alex the Soul Emblem, so that the player knows how/when/why Moggo is getting new skills.

Current Implementation: Starting at 4 demons caught and at every 4 demons caught, Moggo will chime in to say that you have hit a milestone and he is able to learn a new skill. 2-4 skill choices will show up and you will be able to choose one to learn.

For example, at 4 Demons caught, you get to choose from the following:

1. Body Slam - Damage Skill
  2. Cure - Healing Skill
  3. Immunity - Buff Skill
And then again at 8 Demons caught, he will chime in again and give you a new list of skills to learn.

This gives players a little bit of customization when it comes to their Moggo demon since once you've hit a milestone, those choices in that tier never show up again.

ookami_lord

Best Lemon in the world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
So many eventing and scripting lol xD

That would allow to customize moggo so he could balance the character, awesome!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It "only" took me about 4-5 hours to event the whole thing...lol! XD

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Removing the "In-Dept Maps" script seemed to have done a lot of damage to my tile passability , so I've been running a few test plays to see if run into any errors or bugs. For those who are currently test playing, if you run into any such errors, please let me know so that I may fix them. Thank you! :D

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The next big mini-quest hub maps are done, aaaaand done!

Blison Farms:

Blison Farmhouse.png

Blison Farms.png
Also, the next major town where Alex encounters Legion #4 of 6,

Blison Town: (Work in progress)

Blison Town.png
Special shout out to Thereisnoname for all of his awesome bug-testing and feedback. He has played through my demos from day one and is constantly giving me feedback and sending me bug reports. My game wouldn't be where it is now without him.

Also special thanks to both Deathspark and Charlotte for doing Let's Plays, which also provided me with much needed feedback. Their videos can be seen at their threads here:

Deathspark:

Charlotte:

Blison Town.png

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New updated demo now available! Demo includes the following and more:

1. Completed "Battle for Blison Farms" mini-quest.
  2. Blison Fields monsters rebalanced.
  3. A few more mini-quests in Kader Town and the new Blison Town (more mini-quests to be added to Blison in future releases).
  4. Fourth Legion boss finally added!
  5. Blison Forest mini-dungeon added.
  6. Demo ends soon after defeating Legion #4 and some of the post-events are not implemented yet.
  7. Revamped many of the older locations with new tiles!
  8. Post-Blison Town events completed, including the next city route: Anxton Route with a set of 6 more capturable demons!
And of course, there HAS to be screenshots. Enjoy! :D

Blison2.png

Blison3.png

Blison4.png

Blison5.png

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks to some wonderful feedback, I've implemented some "quality of life" updates and changes.

Example(s) of some of the changes:

• ​Success chance when gathering increased by about 10% across the board. 
  • Gathering now takes 1.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds.
  • Greatly reduced the amount of enemies in the Elkin Tunnels AND also made it that enemies de-spawn if you do run away so that you don't accidentally run right back into them. Also made the pathways in the tunnels much wider to give the player space to run away from the enemies in the 1st place if they choose not to fight as much.
  • Fixed some facesets  :p
  • Revamped pretty much every map that used RTP with nicer tilesets.
  • Increased Demon Snare success chance by about 5% at lower levels as well.
  • Beginning work on "Hyrupe" which includes Legion encounter #5! 
Hyrupe Map (Mostly) completed! Screenshot:

Hyrupe.png

Harmill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I downloaded the demo and I think the starting point isn't where it's supposed to be. I started out in Accu City right in front of the Oracle's house. I didn't fully realize I had a bugged starting position until I left the city, got into a fight, and got killed in 2 hits...and then respawning in what was supposedly still Accu City but looked different from the city I started in.

Anyways, I was glad there was no game over - it was nice to be sent back to town for once.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh no! >_> I was test playing some new tilesets I added. I will fix that immediately!

Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know when the fixed one is back up and running lol...

PS - I hate game over screens myself, so that's why I implemented a "respawn in a safe zone" thing instead!

Demo has been fixed with correct starting zone! My apologies to anybody who ran into any issues!

Harmill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First impressions are mostly positive. The story seems a mixup of Final Fantasy X/Tales of Symphonia (go on a quest to cleanse the world), and a bit of Hunger Games (one male and one female from a village).

I haven't gotten into any battles yet, but I'm a bit worried at the fact that Alex has 90% accuracy. I guess I'll find out if the hit rate is balanced or not. This will be the first thing I harp on if there's something off with it.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Due to a handful of reports about the game becoming laggy, I made the decision to scrap the "Achievement Script" which ended up being the culprit...

If you do not wish to start over in your play through,I advise against downloading any new demos from here on out, for it will most likely cause issues with your save file since the script was taken out.

That being said, the most recent demo is now updated and ready for testplay/bug testing:

Updates include, but are not limited to:

• 90% completed Hyrupe Village. (Mapping and main story line are completed, a few buildings and mini-quests have yet to be implemented)
  • Brand new "story-line dungeon" to navigate with "timed button sequence" puzzles to solve and new enemies.
  • Legion Boss #5!
  • Large amounts of story revealed!
  • Minor grammar fixes.
  • All previous achievement prizes have been distributed to the mini-quests as rewards instead.
  • Some sound effects have had their volume reduced so that they are not so jarring.
  • And more!
Download the updated demo today! ^_^ 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thursday AM
Him: When can you have this ready to test?
Me: With the amt of work plus other things on my plate, 2 weeks
Him: Can you have it ready by Monday?
Me: IF I can give my other work to someone else AND don't run into any issues AND I rush, I MIGHT be able to make it next Wednesday
Him: So Monday then?
Me: Maybe Wednesday
Realized virus affecting my NJS and MZ!
I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BaguzFahmi