Foron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Looks like Moggo is a competely original designed pet (joking).

Anyway, I'll probably play it later today.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

I have a problem with the game. In Oracle's Spirit I can't enter the green room with two pillars and the Spirit Fragment and red flame inside the room aren't moving. I would really like to continue playing. Is there anything I can do?
Can you post a screenshot to show me exactly where you're stuck? I just checked that room out and there were no issues on my end. Thank you!

Looks like Moggo is a competely original designed pet (joking).

Anyway, I'll probably play it later today.
Wait until you see some of the other ones :p

Good to hear, let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Update: After a few playthroughs, I did notice that certain monsters or bosses had too much health, and the battles just seemed to drag on a bit too long for my tastes. To counter this, I reduced HP on certain (most) bosses by about 10% but also increased their damage output by about 10-15%. This should make the fights shorter, but also slightly more challenging since they now pose a bigger threat to your party's health.

Other changes:

•  Reduced AOE damage (Cleave, Breath attacks, etc) by 10% as they were a bit too overpowered in comparison to their single-target counterparts. 
  • Increased the "bleed" chance from Body Slam (and similar abilities) from 50% to 70%, overall increasing their damage potential and being less random on their debuff application.
  • Reduced the price of most weapons by 10-15% and slightly increased gold gained from random battles.
  • Reduced the Defense of PROTECTOR class pets by 10%, bringing them in line with the defense of all other classes, but also boosted their total HP by 15% to compensate. This makes it so that they don't get too high of a defense stat and become invincible at higher levels. Now they will take more damage, but will have much higher HP pools to be able to take the hits.
  • Increased the base Attack stat of ALL classes by 5%. 
  • Added more pets to previous areas. Most areas now have anywhere from 5-8 pets that could be captured.
  • Tier 6 weapons and armors implemented into game, dropping from enemies in Drupe Oasis and onward. Tier 6 is the highest farmable level gear in the game and is only surpassed by "rare" weapons which can drop from rare mobs/mini-bosses in the final area: World's End.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Update:

• The final battle against the side-boss Miranda has been added in the World's End area.
  • Drupe Oasis and World's End dungeon's completed and fully functional.
  • Cooldowns! What's to stop you from spamming your strongest abilities over and over without much thought? Well, before, there wasn't anything, but now, there are cooldowns! Many abilities will now trigger a cooldown of 1-3+ turns when used as to force the player to use different abilities instead of spamming their strongest one over and over! #HURRAY!
  • Weapon randomization tweaks. Weapon and armor drops roll "random" stats on them, which make every drop unique. Lower tiered items have a lower chance of becoming RARE or higher quality, whereas higher tiered items have a much higher chance of rolling RARE or higher.
  • Sabatour Class - This class has been redesigned to be a "DOT" class. This class does not specialize in nukes, but instead, can lay on 3-4 damage over time effects on a target to cause major damage over multiple turns instead. 
  • Removed the following abilities from all captureable demons: Blind, Paralyze, Sleep, Confusion, Stun. Since all bosses are immune to these attacks, figured I'd just get rid of them and instead slightly buff up other attacks instead. (NOTE: Enemies may still use these status effects on your party)
  • You may now capture the TWO rare demons in the game...details will not be shared! :D
Demo is updated and ready to play! Demo ends right before the very final part of the game allowing a 90% game completion playthrough, hurray!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
UPDATE: Demon Hunter has officially been "completed"!!! 

The game is (should) be fully functional and now only requires bug testing and test plays to make sure everything is in order and balanced.

After almost 2.5 years, I have finally done it....*sigh of relief*

Thank you to anyone and everyone who test played my game or gave me feedback. It was all invaluable to me!

Demo is updated and good to play from start to finish!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks interesting. How long do you estimate it would take someone to go from start to finish? My April is pretty booked, but if it is a short game I might be able to actually finish it in a semi-timely fashion. Otherwise it might take me three months to go from start to finish (which might not help you with the feedback you want).

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Looks interesting. How long do you estimate it would take someone to go from start to finish? My April is pretty booked, but if it is a short game I might be able to actually finish it in a semi-timely fashion. Otherwise it might take me three months to go from start to finish (which might not help you with the feedback you want).
My average playtime through each playthrough for testing was anywhere from 12-15 hours, but that's with me knowing where to go and how to solve all the puzzles.

I would imagine for a regular player the game is closer to 15-20 hours, maybe more. 

Piggy backing off this post to show some updates:

1. As always, more and more balancing of numbers. Make some tweaks to many skills in the database. Previously DEF reduction from attacks was pretty small, so I've updated how much the DEF reduces from attacks by about 10% across the board. This should make a higher DEF stat slightly more valuable.
  2. Along with making Saboteur more "damage over time" oriented, I have added a skill for the class called: "FESTER" which does increasingly higher damage for every Saboteur DOT on the target Normally does about 3x the base attack stat, with the 4 Saboteur's DOTS on the target, it can do as high as 10.5x the base attack stat. This ability has a 3 turn cooldown.
  3. Added a new ability to the Ravager class called "EXECUTION" which deals massive damage to the target if it is bleeding. Gives the class one more button to push since it was the class with the least amount of abilities.
  4. Reduced EXP gain by about 10% across the board, as it was a bit too high.
  5. Increased enemy item drop chance by ~30% across the board. Before it was a 1 in 5 chance to get a Treasure Chest, but now most are 1 in 3 or even 1 in 2 chance at a treasure box.
  6. Added 3 more quests throughout the world. 
  7. Treasure chests now have about 15%-20% higher chance of rewarding the player with an armor or weapon piece instead of the other fodder they sometimes drop.

April 1st, 2015 Updates:

1. "Enrage" ability added to RAVAGER class. Learned at level 18, this ability increases the user's CRITICAL hit chance by 15% for 3-4 turns.
  2. SYNERGIST buffs are now party-wide, but now have a cooldown and cost TP instead of MP.
  3. SYNERGIST now automatically gain 5 TP at the end of every turn since most of their abilities require TP to use.
  4. PROTECTOR class now learns Drain Attack 11.
  5. PROTECTOR class now learns "MP BOMB" at level 23 which restores MP to the whole party.
  6. Rampaging Strikes MP cost has been reduce by 50%.
  7. "Limit Break" attacks for many classes have been buffed as much as 50% in damage.
  8. The chime that is head when acquiring an item has been changed to not be as annoying! :p

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
UPDATE April 2nd 2015:

1. Gamebreaking Bug Found! After the battle with Jerome in Blison Farms, the game continues to loop and the player is unable to proceed with the story-line. Accidentally made the event "autorun" so it would continue to loop endlessly. This has been fixed!
  2. Potions, Hi-Potions, and Full-Potions have all been buffed by 10% and the mats required to create their "+" versions has been reduced by 1 herb each.
  3. Revive spell no longer has a cooldown.
  4. Revival Herbs now raise a character with 50% HP instead of 5%. Players reported reviving a character with the herb just to have them instantly die afterwards. This should fix that issue.
  5. Ruin, Ruinga, and Ruinga-X have all had their cooldowns reduced to 1 turn instead of 2.

UPDATE April 3rd 2015:

1. Gamebreaking Bug Found! Because I am such a noob, I totally forgot to remove the "demo over" events when one enters Blison Town...this has been fixed...
  2. There "was an invisible wall" that blocked the player from progressing within Hyrupe Village, this has been fixed...
  3. Added two new abilities to Alex: Rally (TP regen buff) and Blood Massacre (AOE attack that inflicts wound).
  4. Moggo could learn different tiers of certain spells during his little "you've hit a milestone" events. This has been addressed as Moggo was able to learn both rank 1 AND rank 3 of certain spells, making him quite overpowered.
  5. FOCUS (learned by Alex) has been changed to restore MP instead of HP. This is to help him regen his own mana since his new abilities, Rally and Bloody Massacre cost more MP than most of his other skills.
  6. "Blue Spirit" enemies now have a drop table - they previously didn't drop any items.
  7. Demon pet "headband" armors have been implemented! Demons may now equip an armor piece to help close the gap between their stats and Alex's stats at later parts of the game.This is an overall buff to your party, so yipee!
  8. Fixed a couple of tile errors that a few players reported.
  9. There was "fog" showing up in maps that shouldn't have fog...this has been fixed.
  10. The transfer event into the Catacombs dungeon was one tile off, which would get the player stuck in a wall...this has been fixed.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
UPDATE April 5th 2015:

1. Due to some feedback, the ending of the game felt rushed, and in all honesty, I did sorta rush it just to finally finish my game (heheh), so I have gone ahead and extended it a bit. After Alex meets with the Council in World's End, instead of going straight to the final part of the game, he is sent on one more mission that charge a "key" that will open the gate to "hell" where the ending of the game takes place. This missions sends Alex to a multitude of locations around the world to visit special shrines to charge the key. This should slow down the pace just a bit before the final area is visited.
  2. I have added a 7th and final tier for armors and weapons that can drop in the "shrines" that Alex visits that were previously mentioned. The final boss was balanced with the Tier 6 armor/weapons in mind, so for those who didn't do much grinding and want to be able to pew pew the final boss a bit easier, this new tier or armor should make that possible. 
  3. Added a teleport to the new area: "Haven" via the Soul Emblem.
  4. Alex's MEND ability had a 2 turn cooldown, which has been removed. The spell was slightly buffed in effectiveness but it's TP cost went up by 5 (now costs 15 TP).
  5. A side-quest has been added to unlock the Legendary Weapon "Infinity Blade". One the base weapon is acquired, it will need to be "powered up' by visiting a new optional dungeon called "Shrine of the Damned" which will host the hardest enemies in the game with a mega powerful boss at the end called "MAW". After defeating MAW, the sword will be powered up and usable in all it's overpowered glory. Upon defeating MAW, 3 mega-super-duper bosses will spawn around the world that drop Best in Slot weapons for Alex's demons. The Infinity blade will surely come in handy in taking down these fabled beasts! (CURRENT DUNGEON IS NOT COMPLETE SO ALEX CAN'T COMPLETE THIS QUEST IN THE CURRENT DEMO!)
  6. Ending fight scene against the Seraphin (final boss) has been extended...I just wanted to show off my "leet' eventing skills is all, heheh.
HUGE CHANGE: Battlers have once again been updated. The only "animated" enemies are now special enemies, such as bosses and those from side-quests. Removed all of the animated sprite sheets to make the games graphics more consistent across the board. This in turn has reduced the file size by a 36MB, hurray!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
UPDATE April 10th 2015:

1. BETA TESTING NEAR COMPLETION! 
  2. Game can now be downloaded and played from Start to Finish! :D
  3. Most, if not all, game-breaking bugs have been found and fixed, so anyone should be able to play the full game without anything that might hinder their progress.
  4. The only thing that needs to be combed over a bit more is game-balance, but other than that, Demon Hunter is officially ready to be called COMPLETE!
Current demo does reflects ALL changes! Due to database and script changes, a new file will have to be created.   :rock-left:     :D    :rock-right:  

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, guess I finally get to play, huh? Been waiting for this.

I can't get it to download. Every time I do the captcha, it gives me another. You're either going to have to fix this, put it on another site, or I'm going to have to skip this game. And I've been waiting months to play it.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@mannaangemon01: I lost internet connection mid-upload so the file is funky, I am re-uploading it now. I will send you a PM once the link is ready, sorry about the issue! :X

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm giving up. After 20 times, I just can't do the skills thing at the beginning of the game fast enough, meaning I can't get past it. Seems like a great game, I just can't do it. Such a shame, too.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have failed dismally on the skills thing.

You need to put a pause in between the last action selected and the movement screen (don't know what to call it, but the thing that shows you what arrows etc to use) because if someone has used their right hand to select Moggo's action, then that hand has to have time to move to the arrow keys, on top of time to see what's needed.  At the moment it is more or less instantaneous.

I'm giving up.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@mannaangemon01: Sorry you're struggling so much with it. I'll look into what I could do to make it easier for players. but not so punishing either.

@ksjp: Same response as the one given to the above poster. I'll have to see what I could do to "fix" the problem. I've adjusted the speed according to many Let's Plays that people have done for the game, and most found the current implementation to be just right. Perhaps I'll make it so that you could skip the tutorial if you can't manage to input the buttons correctly. Thanks for the feedback. 

EDIT: The player will now to be able to continue the game even if they're unable to correctly do the Finisher Move. On top of this, I have increased the allotted time to put in the button sequence by 50%. 

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's not that. I'm just not very good at that type of thing. I will never be able to use those skills. And I have a feeling you can't truly beat the game without them.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Finishers are good, but they're by no means required to beat the game. They do help kill enemies faster if you're able to pull them off, but the game isn't balanced around being able to pull them off, so no worries there. I am uploading the new demo as I type this which will allow the player to bypass the tutorial all together.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then, as soon as you have the link up, I'll try again :D

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And with the extra time I was able to complete the tutorial without needing to skip.  I'll try and find time in the next few days to play some more and give a bit of feedback.  In the meantime, just a couple of things.

When Alex speaks to the Mayor in Beatrice's house before leaving the village, the Mayor says

"please come to us, to Bianca, alive".  I think that should read "please come back to us."

The next thing is probably too late to do anything about, but Beatrice is, obviously, female.  Therefore it is not Magister (male) but Magistra (female).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Join us and follow along live as we explore A Thief's Voyage by walldeaf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MH-Pride