Xyteryon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
First of all i'd like to mention that it's after playing this game for over 40 hours that i decided to register to this forum to say this : 

This is BY FAR the best free RPG i played so far :D No kidding! It has everything a RPG player wants to see in a RPG game. There is so much variety in this game(the monster capture system, captured demons can be equiped with weapon, armor and accessories, and lots of quests with good rewards). 

Definitively a must-play for all RPG Maker fans. Fantastic work :D

Don't get me wrong, i haven't played all the RPG Maker games but from those i've played so far this one is by far the best.

I have a suggestion for the author/maker of this game ... I'm usually not a fan of games sold on Steam but something tells me if you'd sell this game on Steam, even if it's a symbolic amount like 0.99 US $ (like many already doing) you could make some good money for your efforts. Seeing the quality of this game i'm sure many RPG fans would love to play Demon Hunter even if they payed for it. 

After seeing many indie games on Steam that are less interesting and less complete than Demon Hunter i'd say this game could EASILY be a 5-10 US$ if sold on Steam. I personally won't mind to pay 15 US$ for it but to stay realist (because some players are a bit greedy :p ) i'd say a price between 5 and 10 US$ would be a fair price. 

PS : I'm really interested into your games and i'll surely make a search on this forum to see your other creations. Keep up the good work :)

poeti1102

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I''m now stuck at finding Explosives.After completing Shady Dealer's offer, I don't get the explosives.He just said "Try not to blow yourself up" but gave me nothing.Can anyone help me with this?

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I''m now stuck at finding Explosives.After completing Shady Dealer's offer, I don't get the explosives.He just said "Try not to blow yourself up" but gave me nothing.Can anyone help me with this?

It might be under 'supplies' which are to the right of 'quests' column. It should work if you click on the boulders. Otherwise IDK.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

After you go back to the Shady Dealer from the concert hall, he talks about how he was planning on blowing up the guy in the general store. I'm guessing that's the point in the story you're in, so go check the general items store in the shelves. The bomb should be stashed in there! :)

@Xyteryon I really appreciate your feedback! ^_^ I never intended to go commercial and probably never will. I do this as a hobby and have zero interest in making any money off of it. That being said, many of the resources I used in Demon Hunter are non-commercial, so even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to unless I completely replaced half of what I used. I'm really glad you enjoyed the game and I am even more glad that you notice all the effort I put into it. If you're wanting to see what other games I've got in the making, check out "Eternal Twilight" in my signature! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the weapons of the gods quest doesn't have enough info.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Having fun with this so far. I like strategy games especially swapping troops for certain battles  and don't mind grinding so I put in about 15 hours before getting stuck with the find explosives quest. aside from the few grammar and spelling errors it was enjoyable. The crafting section is fun and the equipment names are cute. I really don't have any complaints. Great job.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Tanarex Which part of the weapon quest are you on? It's meant to be very unclear and not simple to figure out since it's a "legendary" weapon and is totally not required at all to finish the game.

@kaukusaki Here's a small step by step to help you out:

• Talk to Vincent (the blue guy next to Anastasia's house)

[*]Find Shady Dealer in the INN, he sends you to concert hall to find a guy and give him a password.

[*]Talk to guy in concert hall and he gives you a package that you take back to Shady Dealer.

[*]Shady Dealer tells you where to find the bomb he hit in the General Store (in the shelves).

[*]The end! :D

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The 1st part about tunnels.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Tanarex I honestly can't remember for the life of me and I can't check it right now because my laptop with the Demon Hunter game is in the repair shop. Mind posting what the clue says here and I'll see if I can remember. (I made that over a year ago, hence why my memory is fuzzy)

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tanarex I honestly can't remember for the life of me and I can't check it right now because my laptop with the Demon Hunter game is in the repair shop. Mind posting what the clue says here and I'll see if I can remember. (I made that over a year ago, hence why my memory is fuzzy)

"In the tunnels, black as night. To the very end, with no legion in sight.that is where you'll find me...." I don't think anyone can find it.It's too vague.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There was one dungeon in the game where it was "black as night" that also happened to be in tunnels.

Elkin Tunnels where you fought the first legion

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know this thread is old, but I am going to try to download and play this one.... sounds like a great concept and I love pet system games.

EDIT: I stand corrected. last post was just 4 hours ago. I'm so glad to see people still using RPGMWeb and playing these games. My old one is still possible up (I'll have to check)

poeti1102

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm now trouble beating at Shrine Gurdians.Actually they are not hard.The passage to reach the shrine gurdians is hard.Sometimes the dungeon mobs really suck.Is there any place to farm level?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@gvduck10 I was actually surprised to see this game come alive again a few weeks ago, and since, it's been getting some nice traffic. :)

@poeti1102 I would suggest the desert oasis, just spam Alex's massacre ability to damage all enemies and leave a bleed, then use any other multi-target abilities you may have like Cleave, Whirlwind, or the breath attacks. If you've leveled up your cooking, you could try using the stat boosting food as well.

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think part of the renewed interest here is due to the buzz from Eternal Twilight. People are curious about the other game from this guy who made this cool demo, I'm guessing.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Joewoof Well that excites me to know that Eternal Twilight is buzzing! That game will be my masterpiece...I've taken everything I've learned from Demon Hunter and playing other RPG Maker games and trying my best to make that game as amazing as I can.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There was one dungeon in the game where it was "black as night" that also happened to be in tunnels.

Elkin Tunnels where you fought the first legion

I was looking everywhere that I didn't fight a legion. Since it said no legion in sight. And there was a legion in there. Anyways I did get the sword. So the rest of the clues were ok.

I'll try to keep this spoiler free. There was a part near the end where you find the other two demon hunters and you level up for helping them. And then I had to keep pushing 'Enter' as all 56 of my demons went up a level. So that was kinda annoying.

All he says when putting on the mage costume is "Ohhh." Not "OOM?" Warcraft term meaning "Out of mana." In the clown costume, he should say, "We all float down here." Because clowns are creepy.

chidor123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do I defeat the seraphin... Unbound Darkness is so OP it kills my party in a single swoop. Any tips?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How do I defeat the seraphin... Unbound Darkness is so OP it kills my party in a single swoop. Any tips?

What level are your demons and which ones are you using?

To beat that fight and not get slaughtered by Unbound Darkness, you pretty much need to try to keep a healer on full-time duty keeping your party topped off with their HP.

It REALLY helps if you have defensive buffs up to reduce the incoming damage, and if you can, use "Enfeeble" attacks on her to reduce the damage that she causes.

Here's a video of a youtuber who did the fight to give you a little more guidance:

Tricannon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Joewoof Well that excites me to know that Eternal Twilight is buzzing! That game will be my masterpiece...I've taken everything I've learned from Demon Hunter and playing other RPG Maker games and trying my best to make that game as amazing as I can.

I haven't played your demo yet, (Downloaded and ready to go as soon as I finish Demon Hunter), but if you're saying it's better than Demon Hunter than I am definitely going to need to play it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus