RMMV DemonCyber: The Hit [IGMC 2018]

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Kemsyn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Kemsyn

Kemsyn Not bad...for a human. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    DemonCyber: The Hit, is a post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk JRPG, set in a city where crime and corruption dominate and gangs with illegal cybernetics rule the streets.

You play as Vesper, the youngest member of the Demons, a motorcycle gang that takes cyber enhancements so far that they're considered more machine than human.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The game plays like a traditional JRPG where you explore, talk to people, interact with the world and advance the story. It also has a front view battle system with custom sprites and animations.

[​IMG]

DemonCyber: The Hit is a prequel to DemonCyber, set roughly 2 years before the events in the original. It is around 15-30 minutes, depending on how much content you explore. The story in the game is unfinished and I would've loved to expand on it more, but as this was an IGMC 2018 entry I didn't have enough time.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/336642
    Hope you enjoy playing it, and please consider rating too.

Here are some playthroughs of the game so far:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. Kemsyn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Added a couple playthroughs of the game by HawkZombie and Hard_Reset

Go follow them, they have really good RPG Maker content.

Marquise* likes this.
  3. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tried this one out and I feel like this is great even though the game runs really slow due to my computer being a potatoe. The game reminds me a bit of GTA and this is meant to be in a good way. I like the graphics and the style of this game and the battle system is pretty unique as well. One of the few games in which one I really like to fight. At the moment, there's a display error when the character gets on the motorcycle but I think you're aware of this and you'll fix it soon. Hope you'll try to alter the performance as best as possible because atm it's hard to play for me.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Kemsyn likes this.
  4. Kemsyn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @Tw0Face

I'm glad you liked my game, it really makes it all worthwhile and I'm sorry it didn't run that well on your computer. Other people have noticed that the battle actions sometimes lag a bit, I think it has something to do with the large sprite sheets. I'm looking into ways to make it run smoother and I have some ideas that might work. Do you remember what the error said when you get on the motorcycle? That's the first I've heard of that, the only bug I know is a small audio one when getting on and off the bike.

5. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kemsyn: I got the most lag when I'm driving the motorcycle. I bet my laptop can't take that much frames and that's what causes the performance problems.
    It's just a graphical issue. When you get on the motorcycle, you can see Vesper both on the motorcycle and next to the motorcycle for a short moment. This doesn't happen when you get off the motorcycle, so for getting a quick fix I would suggest you to copy the "get-off-motorcycle"-Event and just switch graphics for the "get-on-motorcycle"-Event.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Kemsyn likes this.
  6. Kemsyn

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tw0Face Thanks for letting me know, I managed to improve the graphic issue with the bike, It's not perfect, but it's a lot less noticeable now. I'm still working on improving the frame rate. I'm not too sure what's causing it, I think it might have something to do with the custom vehicle speed but I've no way of testing it on a slower computer atm.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

7. Tw0Face

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For example, you could pm me once you've done it. I'll test it on my computer and see if it's okay.

Greetings,
    Tw0Face

Kemsyn likes this.