cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
RPG Maker MV Dependency Grapher Tool 1.0.1
cyanic

Introduction
This program generates a dependency graph of all the map transfers in your project. This program is Windows-only.

Features
  • Generates dependency graph in PNG format
  • Integrates directly in the editor as a tool
How to Use
To install the tool, download the release from GitHub, and unzip the package into RPG Maker MV's "tool" folder (you may have to create the folder if it doesn't exist). If you are using the Steam version and have RPG Maker installed in the default Steam library location, the tool should be automatically recognized when you go to "Tools -> RPG Maker MV Tools" when you have a project open in the editor. If not, open the tools window, click "Select Path...", find and double click the "tool" folder, then click "Select Folder". Once the tool appears in the list, select it, click "Add", and click "OK".

To run the tool, simply select "Generate Dependency Graph" from the Tools menu or click on its icon on the toolbar. The program will pop up a window to show you processing progress, and automatically open the graph image when it's finished. If you want to see the generated files for yourself, they're in your project folder, named "dependency.gv" for the GraphViz file and "dependency.png" for the rendered image.

Example graph
This is the graph generated for the project loaded at the beginning of tutorial step 19:

Credit and Thanks
  • cyanic (that's me)
  • GraphViz for graph rendering
Author's Notes
Source code is available on GitHub. GraphViz distribution used can be found here.
This was based on some analysis code I wrote when trying to convert RPG Maker MV data to a different engine's format. I've got lots more crazy stuff from that project.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would you mind posting a screenshot of what this graph looks like? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what this does.

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
OP updated with example graph.

Neuralsplyce

<error: witty or funny saying not found.>
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for this. I was about to dig up some graph paper or use an Org Chart program to do all this. The tool works great. I have a couple of maps with stairs but no associated upstairs map. The grapher adds a loopback arrow to let you know you're missing a map.

Icey1992

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
enlish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blows my mind really. keep up the good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelevra069