Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody.

I hope I am not on the wrong subforum when post my my topic.

I've seen topics similar to my issue, but haven't seen any like it.
Sorry if this topic is repeated, but as I said, I have not seen any.

The fact is that I finished my project a few days ago and I did the deployment for Windows and Mac OS X (my PC is Windows).

With the Windows version there has been no problem. It works fine on all my friends' PCs and they are delighted.
However, my brother uses a Mac. While the Windows game is a folder that contains more files and folders, the Mac game consists of a single folder with two files: Game.app and credits (on my PC, Game.app looks like a folder, but on my brother's Mac it is a file).
The fact is that I have zipped the folder in a .rar (the global folder, not the Game.app), I have uploaded it to Dropbox and my brother has downloaded it and unzipped it.

When he double clicked on the Game.app file he got a message saying "Can't open the app".

I tried to transfer the game to a friend's Mac (without compressing or uploading it to Dropbox, from a USB ) and on that Mac the game did open, but in less than a second it closed and said "The game has closed, do you want to reopen it ?". I know my friend uses Mac OS Big Sur, but my brother I don't know and I know he really wants to play it, ha ha ha.

Somebody could help me?
If I have not explained myself well (my English is very limited), please tell me and I will try to explain myself better.

Thank you all!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There have been many threads on this topic (you can Google "RPG Maker MV deploy Mac"). If I recall correctly from reading them (I don't use Mac OS), you cannot compress the game when sending it to someone, and then they must manually choose the folder with the game in it to be an application.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are two different problems involved, and the fact that game.app is a program on the mac is proof that you are already past the first one (the one mentioned by @ATT_Turan )
because having a folder is the wrong part, and it's there because a windows drive is missing a setting that is available on a MacOS-formatted harddrive.

the other part is that some settings go wrong on the latest MacOS, and that is what is causing the error on opening that app. There are a few topics about that and if I remember correctly someone has already managed to get the games working on the latest MacOS, but I don't remember the steps needed.

please search for the other topics about it - focusing on the ones getting the games to run on MacOS Big Sur, not the ones about transferring the game to mac - as said above the fact that you get an app on MacOS means that you are already past that, the first problem would give you a folder on MacOS as well.

DarkAdria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are two different problems involved, and the fact that game.app is a program on the mac is proof that you are already past the first one (the one mentioned by @ATT_Turan )
because having a folder is the wrong part, and it's there because a windows drive is missing a setting that is available on a MacOS-formatted harddrive.

the other part is that some settings go wrong on the latest MacOS, and that is what is causing the error on opening that app. There are a few topics about that and if I remember correctly someone has already managed to get the games working on the latest MacOS, but I don't remember the steps needed.

please search for the other topics about it - focusing on the ones getting the games to run on MacOS Big Sur, not the ones about transferring the game to mac - as said above the fact that you get an app on MacOS means that you are already past that, the first problem would give you a folder on MacOS as well.
Hello, thanks for responding so quickly ^^

So, I don't have the first problem, right? Because on my brother's Mac, Game.app is a file, not a folder.
That's good right?

On the other hand, my brother has told me that his Mac has OS Mojave.

I don't care if my friend (OS Big Sur) can't play it, because he doesn't want to play, but I would like it to work on my brother's Mac.

Any ideas?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png
MV's plugin command setup is the current bane of RETRO's existence. To a degree, so is MZ's. Especially when trying to make MV's plugin command interface play nice with MZ plugin commands with complex arguments.
Finally got mv & mz games output to apk files ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ I'm so happy!! ┌(・。・)┘♪

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewAgeRetroFly