mkrudesign

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker MV has the option to deploy to Android/iOS. I know that it's possible to play RPG maker games on android devices, since my game has released on that platform. However, as an iphone user, I'd like to try out my game on my own phone.

Does anyone know how to actually do it? I haven't seen any threads or videos showing how to do it. I've been able to deploy the game to my desktop. I'm just not sure what the next step is.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker Mobile Deployment. Thank you.

Tutorials is where you post tutorials for others to follow, not for asking for someone to give you one.

Did you check the help file?

1634802572199.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above, you should read the help file.

that said however, your biggest hurdle is that to get the program on iOS you'll need a program called xcode that only works on MacOS, so you'll need at least temporary access to an Apple computer.

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RPG Maker MV has the option to deploy to Android/iOS. I know that it's possible to play RPG maker games on android devices, since my game has released on that platform. However, as an iphone user, I'd like to try out my game on my own phone.

Does anyone know how to actually do it? I haven't seen any threads or videos showing how to do it. I've been able to deploy the game to my desktop. I'm just not sure what the next step is.
This is how I made it run on my device (iPhone SE) and iOS simulators, and it's just one way to do it.

1. First you need a Mac.
2. Download and install xCode
3. Download and install nodejs
4. (via npm) install CapacitorJS on the terminal
5. On the CapacitorJS there are more details instructions but basically:
  • On terminal write
    Code:
    npm init @capacitor/app
    and add the rpg maker deployed files on that folder under www. (In other words create a folder called iOS app and inside that folder create a www, that's the folder where you will put the game files)
  • On the terminal go to the folder you just created (the iOS capacitor folder) and follow these commands in order.
  • Afterwards in the terminal write those two lines described on the website in order and then open the project. There are two ways, using the terminal or going to ios/App/App.xcworkspace
  • Open xCode and hit run and the game should run.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janekste