Deploying RMMV Game but folder always ends up empty, PLEASE HELP!!!

GruntMonarch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been trying to deploy my game for some friends to test, but every time I go to deploy it and put it in a specific folder, the folder ends up being empty. I am just deploying to Windows. The deployment will be successfully and I receive the success message, but the folder is empty each time. I was able to get it to deploy the other day with no issues, but now I am receiving a ton of issues. I have tried both excluding used files and not excluding used files. I have tried several different folders. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the filepath to the current project folder and what is the filepath to where you try to deploy?
We can't help without details...

Aeonex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a wild guess...
I think I remember having a problem with deploying because I was on a non-administrator account. Are you an administrator on your computer?

GruntMonarch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar sorry!
Current Project folder : C:\Users\jonasg\Desktop\GMJ\Creation Center\1st Game\Game
Deployment location: C:\Users\jonasg\Desktop\GMJ\Creation Center\1st Game\Game\Game\www

@Aeonex I am at work currently, but I initially deployed it from here a few days ago...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) please remove the spaces from the folderpath. MV requires all filenames and filepath to follow networking rules.
2) never have the output path inside the project path, that is risking problems as well.

GruntMonarch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar
I removed the spaces from the folder path and created a output path outside of the project path, and still am having the same issue were it says success but the folder turns out to be empty
Folder Path for Project: C:\Users\jonasg\Desktop\GMJ\CreationCenter\1st Game\Game
Folder Path for Deployment: C:\Users\jonasg\Desktop\Deployment

But it created a new folder on my desktop called game
I followed that path and the total path is: C:\Users\jonasg\Desktop\Game\www\Game\www\Game\www\Game\www
But there was no executable file for the game, and everything is dated 9/4/2017
I am super confused.....
Attaching Screenshots to hopefully clarify what I am typing.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then either your editor is damaged, or the file system of your HDD has problems.
I suggest deinstalling and reinstalling RMMV and then try again, remember to backup the generator folder if you edited that as the reinstall will also change that back to default.
And run a program like checkdisk on your HDD.

GruntMonarch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Okay thank you! I am on a work computer now, but will send all of the files to my personal computer and see if that works on there tonight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsme