Deploying the Game to other pc types

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by Charleycat44, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Charleycat44

Charleycat44 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (I may not be posting this in the right place, if need be, feel free to move it to the correct place.)

Okay, so. I am wanting to deploy my game but I can't seem to do something. I don't know if its possible or not but can I deploy it to a pc type other than my own, eg I'm using a mac, I would like to make it accessible to windows users. I have been working ages on this and If I couldn't let it out for windows users then it wouldn't be great. I have tried to deploy it to another game system but It does not work. Does the mac version work for windows users?

If you have any advice or just something in response please drop them down in the comments! Thank you so much!

- Axsterra

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    why doesn't it work? what does it do and how do you test?

there should be absolutely no problem to deploy to windows from a Mac. It can be a bit tricky the other way around due to the fact that MacOS apps work a bit differently, but there should be no problem deploying toward windows from a mac.

It should be deploy to windows - copy the game project from the output folder to a windows computer - play it.
    IMPORTANT: Never deploy into the project directory itself, you need a different directory for deployment.

4. Charleycat44

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I deploy it to windows from mac, the file doesn't come up. It says it has deployed but nothing actually comes up in my folder.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    windows deployment will NOT create a file, but a folder with a lot of files.
    what path is your project folder and what path is your deployment folder? (they must never be the same)

6. Charleycat44

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, okay. They are both the same, yes.

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that might have damaged your project. Is there a folder www inside the project folder? (hope not)
    can you give a screenshot of the project folder so that we can see what files it has?
    and you didn't answer the question, we can't help if you don't answer questions...