Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This seems to have been an issue with prior versions too, and they're not unused, so should've been included (prevents many events from happening and freezes the game).

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That hasn't been my experience.
How are you calling the paralaxes? If it's through a plugin the exclude unused resources option won't pick them up.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Through map properties...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the pictures are entered in the map properties, then deployment WILL include them.

Unless they are breaking the networking rules that are absolutely required by all HTML5-based games, because if they break the networking rules the browsers simply can't access or copy those files regularly.

networking rules means only latin letters, very limited number of special signs and absolutely NO SPACES.
Please give examples of the filenames of the missing pictures, then we can check if that was the cause.

By the way - the networking rules also count for the project folder name and so on...

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, yes, the game's name has a space... why can't there be any? All games are supposed to be one word?

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh and if the name contains "#" it also won't get included.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, yes, the game's name has a space... why can't there be any? All games are supposed to be one word?
The NAME of the game (as used on the title screen) may have any number of spaces or other symbols you want it to have.
The FOLDERNAME (as used in the harddrive storage) cannot.

Those are two different things.
I'm sure you have seen dozens of cases where folder- or filenames had their spaces replaced by underlines? "the_game" instead of "the game"?
THAT is the reason, because spaces never were allowed for folder- or filenames under networking rules.
Windows has some overrides that try to force a replacement to make it seem as if spaces work - that is why spaces are replaced by %20 on all browser error messages, because the browsers can't handle spaces even in their error messages...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Although if it were the folder name, I would expect the issue to happen with ALL images and not just parallax images, right?

Can you show a screenshot of your parallax folder so we can see the image names, and one of your map properties window where it shows they're being used?

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
explorer_kUB1CeIa90.png
IslandOfSky1 is used in the default floating temple.
RPGMZ_Vh2BbbQtyT.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
IslandofSky1 is not included in the deployment because you have not used it. You have used IslandOfSky1, which is a different file. Did you rename it? Or did you have two with different capitalization and delete one (which happened to be used by one or more maps)?

Case matters.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz good catch

@Seyfert Windows has a stupid override that allows it to load the wrong file if the correct file is not found.
As explained above Abc.png and abc.png are two different files, because A is a different letter than a - you can even see that they look different, more different than o and O ;-)
ONLY windows, after trying and not finding Abc.png, goes and loads the wrong file abc.png on the assumption that the user is too stupid and made a mistake.

However everywhere else that does not happen, because the other operating systems assume that their users know what they're doing. And that is the reason why the file is considered missing...

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ONLY windows, after trying and not finding Abc.png, goes and loads the wrong file abc.png on the assumption that the user is too stupid and made a mistake.
Mac does that too, only ever run into case issues on Linux. At least it's pretty obvious when the problem is a case issue. Usually if a linux tester pops up with a bug I go "Oh, crap, I messed up capitalization again, didn't I?"

Either case, the assumption Windows makes is best, since only a truly insane human being would have multiple files of the same name with different cases.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mac does that too
then that is a new "feature" added in one of the latest MacOS upgrades because several years ago it didn't do that. But I'm rarely working on a Mac, and if I'm then at a family member that needs an old program (Appleworks) for his work that doesn't run on modern MacOS either, so he hasn't upgraded in a long time.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But it must have either had its name changed, or both files did exist and that one was deleted, because MZ will not allow you to select abc.png and then rename/save it as Abc.png in the map settings.

At the time that parallax was added to that map, the file name WAS IslandOfSky1

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For some reason playtest opens this but not a browser test (even when included)... default name should change...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what that means. It is looking for a file with a particular name, and it is not finding it.

You should make sure all your file names follow networking rules (no spaces or non-Latin characters, among others), and that all instances where a file is used in your game refer to the correct file.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, but the mismatch seems the default.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason playtest opens this but not a browser test
I explained the reason above: The playtest goes through Windows which has the (helpful according to Microsoft, idiotic according to me) override to load the wrong filename if it exists.

the browser never loads the wrong file, it reports an error if the correct file does not exist.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you are saying that you definitely did NOT have two files with the same name and different capitalization and deleted one of them? You are saying that when you created that map, you chose the file as it's shown in your screenshot, and the editor changed the case itself? I really find that hard to believe.

The solution is to go back to that map and re-select the file, and confirm that it shows the right case in the map properties window.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's what I did, and yeah, by default the floating temple has it as an O, when I selected it it got lower cased.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdfd