saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello,

When I try Deployment for Windows (MV), I get an error message: "Failed to create a distribution package." When I try Deploment with "Exclude unused files", it deploys successfully, but then there is an error during the first battle (this error does not occur during playtesting on the non-Deployment version; I restarted a game and tried it) "Loading Error Failed to load: img/animations/StateDown1.png". I have not made any changes to the animation folder.

hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have the same issue to but its when I check "Exclude unused files". I have to include them for it to run and It fails to load a bunch of images.
When you click the retry button in battle does the error message change as well?
I originally had MV as a demo from there website and than bought it from steam.
Maybe something with the project / install folders being in a different location than expected?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What uses the StateDown1 animation image?

The most obvious cause for this that I can think of is that you used it somewhere, then deleted it from the folder. Is it IN the img/animations/ folder in your project?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
whar folder do you deploy to?
one of the more common causes of this error is if you try to deploy into a folder that either breaks networking rules or that is restricted access, and that would also explain the missing file error (if the folder can't be accessed, the file can't be loaded).

please give the full folderpath from drive letter to index.html, like c:\folder\folder\folder
then we can check for most possible errors there

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I use the default Output Location that the engine selected for me:

C:\Users\saintivan\Documents\Output

StateDown1 is in my Animations folder. I bought an Animations resource pack and put them in the folder, but never used them or altered the existing animations in my game (they are all default).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Loading Error Failed to load: img/animations/StateDown1.png".
but never used them
The loading error means that the file IS USED somewhere in your game.
The fact that you don't remember using it doesn't change that fact - it most probably means that you tested the animation pack out before deciding not to use it and forgot that you saved with the changes.

you now need to find the place where that file is used in your project.

OK, I reread your original post. There are two different errors here, that is what probably confused everyone.
The "failed deployment" is something other than the "failed to load".
For the "failed to load" on exclusion of unused files, that means that the use of the animation file is most likely done by a plugin, because only then it would have a reference that is not detected by the editor.
For that error a screenshot of your plugin manager to see what plugin might use it would be helpfull.

The "failed deployment" indicates that the original project path is the one that either breaks networking rules or contains a file that breaks networking rules.
Can you give the full filepath to the project folder in the same way as you gave the one to the output folder?

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
The error does not occur during playtesting....until the Deployed version is used.

I did paste the resource animations in the animations folder but never added any of them to the Database.

C:\Users\saintivan\Documents\Games\TheMajesti\Game

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-01-27 18-07-25-027.jpg
    bandicam 2021-01-27 18-07-25-027.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 3

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can only guess now - but no matter what you remember, somewhere in the engine that file is used, or it would not be referenced in the error message. And you need to find out where it is used.

My last suggestion: download and install a multifile text editor like (for example) textpad if you don't have one yet.
then open all json and js files of your project (database, maps, core and plugin files) in that text editor (do NOT have the project open in RMMV at the same time)
then make a multifile search for "StateDown1" (the filename from the error without the extension).

that will list where the error comes from, and hopefully guide to the point where it goes wrong.

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I will give that a try, thank you.

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I actually put the StateDown1 animation into the battle and the error no longer occured. However, another error, Failed to load: audio/se/Up4.ogg shortly followed.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Failed to load: audio/se/Up4.ogg shortly followed.
what you did is basically cover your car's warning light with black tape, hoping that it will not be bad if you ignore the error. the correct way would be to find the cause before more errors come...

adding the file somewhere in the editor will cause the editor to recognize it and no longer remove it on the "excluded unused". it does not mean that the original reference is suddenly removed, it means that there are now two references to the file and the editor sees one of them for deployment.

that is the usual way to handle options if the plugin that uses those files did not correctly register them - but it should only be done when you know where the files are used (in my opinion).

You now have two options:
1) repeat until all unknown files are covered, hoping that this is only very few
2) follow the suggestion made above with any of the filenames to find out where those files are referenced.

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Turns out it was just those two. I don't know why those two errors didn't occured after Deployment, but not during playtesting, but the problem has been solved.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-01-10 15-48-39-855.jpg
    bandicam 2021-01-10 15-48-39-855.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 3

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I found out the problem: quite a few files including an entire folder (Layers) did not get moved over to the Deployed version. Fortunately this was easily corrected by copying the folders that had missing files from pre to post Depoloyment.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ocarina654