RoxasZf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I saw around that people were saying that sometimes plugins can effect the functionality of your game when you deploy it for iOS or Android and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with deploying and running their game smoothly on those platforms with plugins

The only ones I use are the 10 base-level (free) VisuStella plugins. I’m still early on and just wanted to know if these will cause any issues before I progress too far with these active

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
regular plugins have no problem with android deployment.

however some plugin programmers have written plugins that either utilize specific computer-based functions or that use preprogrammed windows-libraries that do not exist under android, and those plugins will of course completely fail on android.

to my knowledge that is mainly about one-third of SRD's plugins that are either Windows-only or Computer-only - but it might be that other programmers have followed his example.

RoxasZf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh okay so for something like the base 10 VisuStella core plugins there wouldn’t be any issue?

I don’t plan on using any plugins aside from those

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Test it out.
Google will tell you android devices your app can run on. It can easily be more than 9000. Too many to test them all so make a guess at which to test against.

Keep testing like every month or so.
If you don't test you are less likely to notice if you start developing your game in a direction where it won't run smoothly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Camping inside a hidden cave.
LzSHByh.jpg
I don’t believe in astrology. I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.
senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingfathom