izzkuz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone, First of all. I am new here and I have some issue when i tried to make deployment with RPG maker MZ

It says that directory name is invalid or something.

I did a little search on google and found this forum and saw another thread mentioning about if special character is use, it cause some deployment issue?

I want to confirm that because i did use some Japanese word inside game and wondering if that's the reason my deployment didn't work.

Thank you

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Thank you.

If the Japanese word is in your folder names (including the logged in user name if your project is saved in My Documents) or the game title, yes, that could be the issue.

But this:
It says that directory name is invalid or something.
is not really helpful. We need to know the exact error message, not "or something". Can you take a screenshot of the error and post it here?

Is your OS set to Japanese?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The most common cause for this error (if it is the same I guess it is) is actually foldernames containing spaces, not japanese letters. The software is japanese after all and designed to work on japanese Windows versions.

However there are still a few other options where it could have gone wrong (like a restricted folder), so it would also help if you copy the folderpath that cause the error to your post.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkylarSnow