Deployment screw up, please give me advice!

Twitchy2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Alright so I was trying to show off what I made to a friend, and unfortunately I choose the same folder as the Deployment zone because I assumed it would be somewhat of just an EXE

Unfortunately, it was not so, and thus the filesize was far too big to work around.

Now, my issue is that I am not quite sure what files it created, and what files already existed. I have been trying to play my game now, as I made a new project to check and the folder /WWW/ was not present. When I removed this folder, the game itself cannot be played at all, as if its pointing to that when I try to play it.

Fear not, I still have it, but this WWW folder seems to simply be my game, plus itself. Is there anyway to make the MV play button link back to the game.exe and index.html in the root folder?

Please let me know!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just create a new project and copy all files inside the www folder to it. Unless you encrypted the resources, all should be fine and dandy.

Twitchy2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's fine and all, but why is it pulling the game from the WWW folder when before hand it was doing it from the regular root folder? It would be much more efficient to make it go back to that, no?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, here are a few question to really check what and where you screwed up and how to repair it.

1) Have you deployed your game into the same folder as the working project directory?
That should never be done for a lot of reasons, and if you did you should count yourself lucky that it created the www folder there instead of completely ruining your project folder.
If this is what happened, please delete that www folder as the first step.
As the second step, make a new project (doesn't matter what, we only need a single file from it). Open the folder of the new project as well as the folder of your old project and then copy the packages.json file from the new project over the one from the damaged project directory.

packages.json contains no game data, but it does contain the paths to the game and the correct one on the project folder had been replaced with the one from deployment, those are not the same.

2) after repairing your project, check if deployment into a different folder works again.
If not we'll need more details about what you did exactly.

Twitchy2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did that and can confirm works well enough. I suppose the WWW folder has something to do with how deployment works? Either way, this seems good. Shame I couldnt salvage the original folder but I didnt lose anything so thats alright, Thank you both!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*tries to study Emergence of Bangladesh: Ancient Bengal* Matsyanyayam- When the law of punishment is kept in abeyance... okay what? *searches dictionary* oh! Ok. In abeyance, it gives rise to such disorders as is implied in the proverb of fishes i.e the larger fish swallows a small one- wait fishes eat each other!? Is that like... fishy cannibalism!?...Oh! It's 8:30! Time for dinner! *throws book on floor*
Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaloyaarchal