vfxblender

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(First thread wasn't sure how to select deployment thread, Shaz don't get on to me.)
So currently I was able to port my game over to an .apk file using this program
https://websitetoapk.com/

(select local html and output and source file settings and add full screen option- To anybody who is looking for an alternative to
intel XDK not working anymore.)

The problem is framerate running the game on a web api basically. If there was a way to run native on andriod surely gpu
support would allow the frame rate not to suffer. Some have suggested using blacklist-gpu code in python complying but this is for certain phones that support this feature. Anyways, Native Android support will it happen or is there already a way to do it?

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think support will ever happen considering MV core scripts and all plugins are JavaScript and unfortunately JavaScript will not run without a web API or browser. The only option would be to use a different engine or find a way to covert JavaScript to Java or something of the like.

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can try out Crosswalk versus WebView and compare performance. The Android MV Client (made by yours truly) supports both so you can switch between the two web engines and compare them.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/exporting-to-android-mv-android-client.84971/
This is basically the tutorial most people seem to use now.

Native Android runtime is possible, but will take significant development. I've always said to myself that if I end up porting an MV game to the Nintendo Switch I'd likely create a new runtime that's not web-based, but uses an embedded Javascript interpreter and is entirely built around GPU accelerated rendering - what I had in mind was creating a cross-platform solution that would also run on Android.

I've already done a handful of experiments, nothing solid due to the sheer cost of completing such an undertaking, but it is definitely possible - just that no-one has done it yet (to my knowledge) and I doubt anyone will manage to create such a solution within the time-frame of your needs.

In the meantime; you'll have to settle with using the web engines that are currently available.

thephoenix112

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sadly this was a major reason we removed mobile support on our game. It's a great idea for smaller games but you're seeing just how much of a pain it can be. Only way we were able to get it working easier with better framerate was to almost gut the game, so we dropped it off mobile.

Ramsder

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
But I don't think so. It's a nightmare. i have tried removed Mobile support from our game , But unfortunately, some data was erased from phone ,for user , the data recovery task is a nightmare , Please don't take any chances.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus