Describe Your Character In 10 Moves

Blinn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As the thread suggests, the idea is to let your moves paint a picture of what your character's role in combat is and/or style and to give your character a unique flair (if he/she has one). Pick up to 10 attacks, skills, abilities, or powers that your character has (one per post, please), and without using specific data/formulas/stats, use a brief explanation to describe what each move does.

I'll go first!

ANDREW

Moves:

#1 - Bottle Rocket (Active): Launches a bottle of fizzy liquid at one target at a high velocity. Deals physical and water damage. May also inflict Drenched status which makes the target more susceptible to electrical attacks.

#2 - Hyperactivity (Unique Passive): Heightened energy levels of a 10-year-old child gives Andrew increased speed and even extra turns at higher levels.

#3 - Aggravate (Active): Harasses and annoys one target to the point of retaliation. Greatly increases chance to dodge target's next attack.

#4 - Stink Bomb (Active): Greatly reduces accuracy of all enemies for a short time.

#5 - Mechanical Saboteur (Passive): Andrew loves to take things apart in amusing ways which gives him a serious boost to damage against mechanical targets.

#6 - Roman Candle (Active): Launches a firecracker at a single target, dealing fire damage. May also Stun target.

#7 - Boxing Glove (Counter-attack): Pummels one target with a spring-loaded boxing glove. May stun target.

#8 - Squirty Flower (Counter-attack): Blasts attacker with a jet of water. Water-based attack. May also Drench attacker, increasing damage taken from electricity.

#9 - Overactive Imagination (Passive): Andrew has a 50% chance of resisting any mind-altering status effects (such as confusion, fear, enraged, etc)

#10 - Ambidextrous (Passive): Andrew can hold a weapon in both hands.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is not a discussion of a Game Mechanic, which is what this particular forum is for.
On the assumption that this does not turn into some sort of Forum Game I am prepared to move it. If it does turn into a Game, then it will be closed, as the Forum Rules expressly prohibit them.

[mod]Moving to General Lounge[/mod]

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Roth (character in my avatar)

-Aura of Magic: Grant MP regeneration to one ally.
-Spark: Strike target enemy with lightning, with a chance to inflict blind.
-Restorative Recharge: Spend MP to restore own HP.
-Focused Strike: Strike target enemy with lightning. Deal increased damage, and refund MP for each enemy on the field.
-Photon Shield: Gain +Defence, and enemies physically attacking into shield get hurt. Shield can be detonated to strike all enemies at once.
-Echoing Thunder: Strike target enemy with lightning, dealing increased damage each turn this skill is used consecutively (max. 5 times).
-Galeforce: Lets another ally move twice this turn.
-Railgun: Replace Attack (command) with a powered up version until the end of battle.
-Mystic Renewal: Fully drain own MP. Fully restores all other allies' MP.
-Heaven's Judgement: Strike target enemy with lightning, then strike all enemies with lightning.

Blinn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is not a discussion of a Game Mechanic, which is what this particular forum is for.
On the assumption that this does not turn into some sort of Forum Game I am prepared to move it. If it does turn into a Game, then it will be closed, as the Forum Rules expressly prohibit them.

[mod]Moving to General Lounge[/mod]

My apologies. I wasn't sure where this should go. It made sense to post it in Game Mechanics at the time.

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Rukan Susanoda - God Eater (avatar)
Rukan_demo1.png
  • Black Midas (passive): While no weapon is equipped, normal attacks absorb HP.
  • Death Incarnate (passive): Automatically consumes remaining MP to revive with that percentage of HP.
  • Stutter: A quick attack. It triggers an additional time for each character that hasn't acted this turn.
  • Black Chakram: Consumes half of HP. Equips the Black Chakram weapon for 5 turns. Its attack hits the target and a random enemy for each character in battle. When this effect ends, user recovers HP equal to total damage dealt.
  • Devour: Deals the target's missing HP as damage and heals the user. If it kills the target, gain one of its skills at random.
  • Destruction: Deals damage equal to the target's MaxHP. user receives the target's remaining HP as recoil damage.
  • Sentinel Disk: Summons a Sentinel Disk to the party. It mimics the summoner's actions.
  • Eye of Fear: Summons the Eye of Fear to the party. It mirrors the enemy's actions.
  • Clockwork Blitz: Hits one random enemy for each action the user has taken during this battle, multiplied by total number of turns passed.
  • [Acquired Skill Slot]

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here’s mine: Suzuki the Red Guy

D6DE3D2D-CFF5-4AEB-B531-4FBDBF494269.png

1) Jump n’ Slash : Jump and deal more damage than normal attack to one enemy.

2) Fire Slash : Deal fire + physical damage on one enemy.

3) Snake Attack : Move backward out from the screen but sneak behind one enemy and stab! Dealt less damage but poison the enemy.

4) Flash n’ Slashes : Run towards enemies and slash! Give damage to all enemies.

5) Wrist Shot (must have the equipment) : shoot an enemy from his wrist and deal more damage but lose a turn to reload.

6) Thunder Mode : Transforms and changes element from fire to thunder. Increase Atk, Def, Mag, and D.Mag, increase thunder resist, and add more thunder skill. Will revert to normal in few turns.

7)???

8)???

9)???

10) Full Assault [Special weapon] (must equip assault rifle) : Just pull the trigger and shoot 15 rounds on an enemy. 15x normal damage but lose few turns. (why? reloading)

Well, the “???” are still thinking.

@Blinn ’Drenched’? You mean ‘get wet’? (oh,yeah. that’s how to get electrocute easily)

@Milennin Railgun?! :MV3:

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hehe, nice concept for a thread!

My character is Alex and here is his abilities (please note that he is from a action rpg rather than one that uses turn-based combat):

1 Jump. Being a rabbit he can get to places the other characters can´t.
2 Whack. A basic attack with a magical staff. Very weak. Actually an easter egg of sorts as the game does not tell you that you can equip the staff as a sword.
3 A small fireball that deals a lot of damage from afar. Uses a lot of MP to discourage spam and show that Alex is an inexperienced mage.
4 Cure. Heals a single target. Self-explanatory.
5 Raise. Raises target from death. Likewise self-explanatory.
6 Blitz. Raises attack for entire party and gives free gealing for ten seconds. Uses all TP of every character in the party.
7 Horns of Steel. A combo attack with his wife Adva, who is a jackalope. This strenghtens her defence and the sheild that she uses.
8 Bombs. Alex is the only one that can throw bombs, having studied dwarven technology. In my setting they invented it to work in their mines.
9 Hookshot. Likewise a dwarven invention Alex can use to traverse the landscape. Works well with his jump.
10 Items. Alex is the only character in the party that can use items such as potions (I am trying to de-emphazise them in the gameplay).

Alkemical

Transient Lion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
From here.

I'll be using D&D feats and class features, rather than moves:

1 - Two-Weapon Fighting: Can make an off-hand attack for every attack using his main-hand.
2 - Weapons and Armor Proficiency: Can effectively wield all simple and martial weapons without penalty, as well as most types of armor and shields.
3 - Dodge: Can designate a target per round. Against that target, you have a Dodge bonus of +1 to Armor Class.
4 - Combat Expertise: Take a -[1 - 5] penalty on all attack rolls during the round. Add +[1 - 5] to Armor Class as a Dodge bonus for the rest of the round.
5 - Mobility: When provoking an attack of opportunity, receive +4 Dodge bonus to Armor Class.
6 - Spring Attack: Can move, attack, and move again in the same turn. This doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity from the target.
7 - Whirlwind Attack: Make a single melee attack against surrounding targets.
8 - Combat Reflexes: Can take bonus attacks of opportunity for each +1 bonus to Dexterity.
9 - Double Hit: When making an attack of opportunity, can attack with both weapons without using up bonus attacks of opportunity.
10 - Robilar's Gambit: Take a -4 penalty to AC and give enemies +4 raw damage against you. For the rest of the round, every time an enemy attempts to attack you, it provokes an attack of opportunity.

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lord Vectra (my custom-made game character and avatar)

1 - Dystopian Anti-Life: Absorb all HP from the enemy on touch
2 - Dystopian Anti-Life Mass: AOE absorb all HP from the enemy(s) on touch
3 - Mirror War: Reflect all physical damage (I receive no damage - you receive FULL nat damage [damage before any reductions of my defenses])
4 - Mirror Magic: Same as Mirror War but with magical damage
5 - Magic Immunity [Passive]: Immune to all magical damage
6 - Physical Immunity [Passive]: Immune to all physical damage
7 - Negation Ward [Passive]: Negate the negative effects of spells including "cannot be negated" effects. Additionally, Negation Ward cannot be negated, dispelled, or removed
8 - Dystopian Soul Absorption: Absorb all the stats from one target on touch
9 - Dystopian Soul Fortification: Double all your stats for a period of time
10 - Mode of the Fateless: Can create or rewrite the fate of anyone he desires

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tembabavuma11