Kalglo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi all,
So I've had RPGMaker VX Ace for years, but haven't used it until this week.
I've gone through a basic tutrial series (Venthros youtube channel) and think I grasp some of the basics okay, enough to have been able to do everything I've wanted in creating a game intro. (I am mainly using this game for learning, it's not my dream project, but is also something I might want to expand if able).

However, I am wanting to create some combat mechanics similar to a ttrpg system I designed, and I have zero experience with scripting or formulae (although I have managed to use Hime's Drop Item Sets script and notetag for a quest already).
The main thing I want to be able to do is introduce a mechanic that judges the effectiveness of a hit according to a sum.
Essentially when a skill is run by an Actor:
c=(a.atk + rand(20) + a.level + V[61*])-(b.def + rand(20))
if
c>=5, attack hits and calls Common Event 1 [adds 1 to variable 61]
0>c>5 attack hits
c=0 attacks hits but reduced damage
0>c>-5 attack misses
c<= -5 attack misses and calls Common Event 2 [reduces variable 61 by 1].

I currently have Yanfly's formula effects script added so I can do this in the notetags, but have been unable to create the formula to do this.
Ideally I'd also like to add a mechanic where if V[61]>0, the Actor has a second turn (and an enemy that's targeting an Actor when V[61]<0 attacks again).

Can anyone help or recommend scripts (and explain so I can learn as I go)?
Many thanks :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Game Development Livestream

Of course, so, someone had covid at work today and I was exposed to them, so, I'm stuck at home for...TWO WEEKS!
oh god I'm going to die
AAAAAAAAi.png
Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBanana