RMMV Desirus Rebellus

RPGist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

To achieve your desires you must be willing to give everything for it. Believed to be abandoned by his Goddess Angelica the once disgruntled priest named Luther must must fight for his own salvation. Beguiled by the offer made from the Goddess of Chaos, Luther is tasked to defeat a vengeful Vampire Prince named Darinoth plans to raise an army of the dead to exact his revenge upon those who betrayed his family. Little do they both know, that they are just part of the twisted scheme hitched by the Gods.

- 20 hours of Story (so far).
- Stamina mechanic.
- Reversed MP and TP systems.
- Behavioral Encounters based on type of enemy and the environment.
- No random encounters

New folder (9).png
“I am who I’ve always been… Luther.” Few know about this man's past, Even fewer know his real name. The reborn Devil must find allies amongst the very enemies who'd have him killed. Through his words and kind acts, he hides his true intentions.

shira.png
"I'm Shira, do you need anything?" A helpful young lady who aids her village in need. Enticed by adventure she goes anywhere she is needed.

New folder (8).png
"I'm Riobo, what do you want from me?" A recluse who hunts for himself and few others. An outcast by his own village and from the girl he cares for. When calamity comes what will he do for himself?

Ursula.png
"Pleased to make your acquaintance, I'm Ursula." A Young Witch and her Mother migrate from region to region. Honing their craft in pharmacology, spreading their knowledge to those who seek it. Until a young man's visit changes everything.

ZUrsula.png
"Lorazzi, I am the Prince of Kupato." Shadowed by his father's Usurpation the young Prince is troubled by. Regardless, he is now heir to the throne of Kupato. That is, until he himself was eventually usurped.

Z Phoebe.png
"I'm Sister Phoebe, do you wish to make a confession to our Goddess?" Devout and Faithful to her Goddess she preaches to all. She shares the blessings of her Goddess through her healing and words. Now she fights for her Goddess when evil brings harm to all in Kupato.

-Whtdragon for his animal sprites, couldn’t made my encounters work without those.

-Bokou for his Gothic resources to make things scary.

-R-F’s Anime Girl Generator, Now you just need to finish the Anime Guy Generator.

-Thalzon your zombie battlers look terrible! I love them!

-Iliketea and I like your commoners cloths.

-Ice Your parts made Darinoth look evil!

-Terrax let there be light!

-Khas I can read your name! It’s too foggy!

-Yanfly Even I don’t use your plugins it’s basically mandatory to give you credit.

Last edited:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I haven't played your demo, but there's a couple of things I'd like to point out right away:

- Too much empty space in your maps. Try to condense and decorate them with some eye candies. Use different variety of forest tiles, too, such as flowers or grass.
- Some maps don't make any sense at all, like the last one. Are those grass and flower tiles on snow tiles?
- At 0:45, those characters are sitting on a table.
- What the hell is even happening at 0:51...?
- Why would a giant door suddenly appear at 1:00?
- Default MV hud.

Yikes...

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective the 0:45 should be supposed be a couch alike
in a churce, not a really suitable :p

but the door also appear around 1.00 - 1.03.

as he/she said, there are more mistakes that alot of space,
red tentacle and yellow octopus? they really should match though.
unless it uses camoflage?

I cannot tell of the story, but while there are to many free space, there
are some mechanics nicely done though.

I think if you fill the empty space more livingly, than more players are
mostlikely to play it, but as for now, maybe some to check the story out.

but keep up the good work though.

RPGist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I haven't played your demo, but there's a couple of things I'd like to point out right away: I'd appreciate it if you played the game before posting critique, I worked really hard on this game. I guess you're here to critique my video then.

- Too much empty space in your maps. Try to condense and decorate them with some eye candies. Use different variety of forest tiles, too, such as flowers or grass. Alright, I'll make a few additions to the maps. Please understand I designed more then 300 maps, and I tried to make them all look amazing. Some maps may have come out better then others, but I will go back and work on the décor, thank you for your input.
- Some maps don't make any sense at all, like the last one. Are those grass and flower tiles on snow tiles? I'd explain but, It would spoil part of the story.
- At 0:45, those characters are sitting on a table. It's more of a placeholder until I have the assets ready. I was hoping it would pass for now.
- What the hell is even happening at 0:51...? The player is being pursued by a predator type encounter . The monsters in this game don't just stand there and wait for you to enter into their detection range. They are very much part of the environment itself. Most encounters are unique from each other, so monsters behave in very different ways. Some will hide behind décor and try to ambush you, some simply act as guards and some will actually ignore you or even outright avoid you entirely unless provoked like knocking down a beehive for example. The wolves in this case are tying to ambush the player but he escaped. I was hoping that segment would show case my encounter system, but I guess I need to find something better to show then.
- Why would a giant door suddenly appear at 1:00? That's one of those minor errors you only notice after you finished your work, It will be quickly fixed before the next presentation.
- Default MV hud. Well yeah it's MV, what did you expect? I'm using a lot of Plugins and third party software to make adjustments, but it's still MV. I'm well aware of how other designers have moved away from MV, using 3rd party to make their games, and someday I hope to do the same. So much of what I presented has been a learning experience and I'm still learning.

Yikes... What is that supposed to mean? Your critique on my presentation had some valid points but this one is unfair. I said 20 hours because I meant it. I have 20 hours of content assuming your doing a normal playthrough. I Rounded my playtester's game time and rounded it to the nearest double digit. I fully understand that I'm staying this despite my game being unfinished, but I do intend to add far more content. By the time I'm finished this will be a 30-40 hour game. I never intended for my game to be this long, but the show goes on till we see the ending. Please play the game and see for yourself if I'm presenting my features accurately.

Last edited:

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I played a little. The game locked and wouldn't continue when I reached a place with a red carpet in the beginning castle and one skeleton approached me.
Some thoughts: The dungeon is kind of large for a beginning dungeon. There are empty areas with nothing in them and then there are areas where the same elements repeat in a pattern for a large area, that makes it look kind of funny. The side rooms could benefit with some interactable objects or at least treasure chests in them. You should have more than one enemy type in the dungeon. Your characters are too strong. One character is taking 0 damage from enemy attacks and two of them take around 3-7 damage per attack. Whilst the enemies take around 100 damage and die in two hits. The kitchen room had modern sinks that looked out of place in an undead castle. Also I'd add a bit more dialogue in the beginning to explain the heroes' motives before having me run for 30+ mins in a castle beating foes.

RPGist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Thank you for taking the time to play my game and reply. I'm sorry if the game locked and thank you for letting me know. I quickly fixed the Issue and now you should be able to progress as intended. Please do not let this accident discourage you from playing my game. You may need to redownload the game to ensure this error does not occur again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do your 0,01% progress on your game today!
Went to see Jujutsu Kaisen 0 yesterday, it was cool. The movie wasnt really a masterpiece, it had some pacing and characterization problems, but overall I enjoyed it, maybe because it was the first anime film I have ever been to in the cinema lol. The battle animation & music were top-notch. I havent seen much of the anime so people who watched the entire season would probably like it more.
MainMenu.PNG
Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
It's always disturbing to me to see my cat eating something off the bathroom floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k99