RMMV Destiny Calls: Sacrilege

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by 1ManArmEGames, Jun 28, 2018.

1. 1ManArmEGames

1ManArmEGames Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Back Story
    In the land of Nazerah, humans spend their lives living in towns and villages sheltered behind Magnia Seals that grant protection from the dangerous monsters that plague their world. These barriers were created by humanesque beings with supernatural abilities. These beings are known as the Sorcerers.

Legends tell the story of a beautiful Sorceress who took pity on the human’s harsh lifestyle, believing in the beauty of all life. It was this beautiful Sorceress who sacrificed her body to fuel the power of the Magnia Seals. She then became known as humanity’s savoir. She was their Goddess.

Along with the Goddess, the Sorcerers were worshiped by many for their contribution to the preservation of the human race. People now could live out their lives without the fear of an attack from a monster. Though some believed that the safety given to them came with a price. There were those of among the population that strongly believed in the conspiracy theory that the barriers, though protecting humans, are truly tools use to inconspicuously suppress humans. These people made the brave choice to live outside protective barriers as “free” humans. Now adapting to the harsh life outside the barriers, a small group of warriors, called the Realist, now dedicated their lives to exposing the Sorcerers and freeing Humanity from the Sorcerers grip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CHARACTERS
    [​IMG]
    Blage
    Height: 5'10
    Blade leads the mission to take down all the Magnia Seals around the world. We follow his journey in battling what he believes to be right while being pulled by those he loves in another direction.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. LostFonDrive

LostFonDrive Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's an interesting concept, especially with how the hero's mission can technically make him viewed as the "villain" in the eyes of the ordinary people since it would seem like he is dooming them by removing the barriers

3. mv95

mv95 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I like your story!

My only concern currently is: Why wouldn't the sorcerers have thought of something to prevent research into the Magnia Barriers? Or at least to silence the people who report this life draining effect? (or deny their claims like Donald Trump does with the environment)

I think your artwork is really, really nice (did you make it yourself?), but I'm not sure it fits very well with how your screenshots look? (very different styles). Are you going to include character images like these in the actual game (e.g. as face sprites in dialogs?)

4. Santro

Santro Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It is a nice concept. Could be done in a very interesting story. Reminds me about the film City of Ember, it has a similar type of story. You can play a lot with the idea of people ignorance and blind belief (perhaps some kind of cult worshipping the barriers?).

5. 1ManArmEGames

1ManArmEGames Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    POST UPDATE: 7/9/18

Two new screen shots has been added to the screen shot spoiler section! Check them out.

They show WIP of a fully custom menu system that's being planned to be used for DCSacrilege!