Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello fellow RM players and developers! UltimaCJ here it's been awhile but after nearly two years in development Destiny of a Wizard 2: Beyond the Vale is about ready for beta testing! I'm seeking beta testers for it. For those who did not play the first game, no worries, as the first game fills you on the events in the previous game in the story. For those who do not want to be
spoiled, please do not read the story line below:

THE STORY THUS THEN

Since the beginning, the legend of the Blue Wizards was known to everyone. People from all corners of the world came
to behold their wonderful power. Life was peaceful for countless ages time until a rival, Darklin came to wage war
against the Wizards and everyone who opposed him. This twisted Blue Wizard succumbed to the dark arts and made it his
mission to destroy anything and everything living.While other wizards thrived on peace and tranquility, Darklin
pleasures were chaos and destruction. . .

A war waged on between the Blue Wizards and Darklin for many wearying seasons.In the end, Darklin was defeated
and he was banished by the great Cecil to another realm never to be seen again. . .

Darklin was never truly defeated and the Wizards knew this. They knew their power could also be used to bring back Darklin from his eternal prison.For this reason, the Wizards shut themselves away in secret never to be
heard from the outside world again.This plan worked until a Dark Mistress named Zarra craved the same desires
as Darklin and wanted to bring him back. Zarra tracked down the Wizard's hidden village and took great pleasure slaughtering
every remaining Wizard except for two. . .

A young child and his father. Before the village was reduced to ashes, the father hid away his child and told him about the coming of Darklin. This last hope... this last Blue Wizard was sent on a quest to stop Zarra’s plan and prevent the
return of Darklin. . .

As hopeless as this quest was, the young would-be-wizard did not shy from danger. The young child met the Sage of
Light known as Lightin. This old sage would guide him to become a true Blue Wizard.He traveled to the glittering shores
of the Vale Islands and embarked on a quest to discover the four elemental
crystals Slowly, the would-be-wizard unlocked his true potential!

The last remaining Blue Wizard traveled to the dark island of Dark Mistress Zarra and confronted her! The battle is long and hard but our hero defeated her in combat! But before our hero could stop the twisted Zarra, she sacrificed the hero’s
father to bring back Darklin! She uses a ritual not-so-named to bring him back and the final
battle between Darklin and our hero commenced! The battle challenged everything in the
weary warrior, but the last remaining Blue Wizard defeated Darklin and peace
returned to the Vale Islands.

Before Zarra’s Island sank into the depths below, the hero’s father told him to go adventuring and spread his wings. Let others know that the Blue Wizards live again!

THE STORY THUS NOW

Since the defeat of Darklin, our hero has embarked on a new journey beyond
the Vale Islands. A new chapter has begun for him. He approaches a new land and according to the CrystaNET this is the land of Lulisa.What new adventures await the last remaining Blue Wizard? What sort of
challenges will the inhabitants of the land present our hero? Will Lulisa respect the Blue Wizards
once again. . . or will they remain in hiding forever? Our story continues where
the hero is about to arrive at a small town known as Davowie. . .

xxDCndt.png

Vd6atxb.png

KffEvkd.png

dfGIr2S.png

9zIzN8K.png

Beta test release date is planned to be around March 22nd - 30th, however, if there are any delays I'll update here in the forum as well as our Facebook page!

For updates and information on the game on our Facebook page such as screenshots of the game (as well as a view able teaser trailer): https://www.facebook...acjproductions/

For information on Destiny of a Wizard 2 and about the game and its features:

http://ultimacj.wixs...evelopment-page

For information on how to sign up to be a beta tester, please visit our sign up page:

Upon beta test release date, an update will be made on the Facebook Page and an email will be sent out to those who signed up on how to download the game.

Beta test sign up page: http://ultimacj.wixs...izard2-betatest

Thanks for viewing and I look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions, let me know!

UltimaCJ / UltimaCJ Productions.

Last edited:

Garsto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For the content presented and without actually playing the beta yet, I must say you've done a wonderful job presenting your ideas and lore. I'm not a professional by any means but if I may, when telling a story it is my belief you should stay in a tense and maintain consistency. When a person is delving into lore it's paramount to keep the reader engaged and the less difficult to absorb the info the better. You've successfully gained my attention with the synopsis though and I'm ready to find what happens to the last of the Blue Wizards. Last words I have for you is to maintain course - wasting this potential would be a shame.

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
For the content presented and without actually playing the beta yet, I must say you've done a wonderful job presenting your ideas and lore. I'm not a professional by any means but if I may, when telling a story it is my belief you should stay in a tense and maintain consistency. When a person is delving into lore it's paramount to keep the reader engaged and the less difficult to absorb the info the better. You've successfully gained my attention with the synopsis though and I'm ready to find what happens to the last of the Blue Wizards. Last words I have for you is to maintain course - wasting this potential would be a shame.
Beta testing is still open for a short time as I'm still gathering data from testers wrapping up. Upon full release the game will be available on our website as well as Steam.

Thank you for your thoughts Garsto. As for the story, the game is divided by chapters and the story is told (w/ the lore of the story up to that point) - Similar to how Final Fantasy 13-2 did when loading a game. While the majority of the chapters have their own story it leads up to the pivotal point of what really happens. If you like to beta test, please visit our website above. Thanks again!

Garsto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As soon as I find some down time from my own project (The Scrolls of Seven) I'll give her a go. Actual beta testing will be better for me to give much more helpful information to you. Have you considered changing your signature? Perhaps a nicely sized piece of art that advertises Destiny of a Wizard 2?

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had a signature on my profile page and it WAS working but apparently Photobucket updated their "polices" of 3rd party web hosting and never bothered to informed me. Thank you for letting me know, this also affected the photos I had here originally. I've updated both and you should see an image now. Since I changed file hosting services shouldn't be an issue anymore. To apply for beta testing please head to our main website at posted above. Requirements to apply are listed there. Thanks again Garsto!

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
being able to see some kind of screens would be nice

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
being able to see some kind of screens would be nice
Please click on the Preview Screenshots Spoiler. The screenshots should display, they do on my end. I had to change hosting providers as they stopped displaying after awhile. If they don't, please let me know. You can view additional screenshots on our Facebook page if some reason they are not displaying. Sorry about that!

Eviticous

Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're screen shot's do not load for me, every one else's do, but not yours.

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're screen shot's do not load for me, every one else's do, but not yours.
Ok redid the screenshots, hoping this time they'll stick! Hoping imgur does the trick!

Eviticous

Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes now they stick :D

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes now they stick :D
Awesome sauce glad I was able to sort that out. Sorry again about the image problem, I was unaware of it. Feedback welcomed and beta still open for a short time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection
Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie
The worst feeling in the world is going for a walk on a nice summer day, seeing an ice cream truck, and realizing you don't have any money with you :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vert1go