ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Interesting, kinda makes me think of Naruto!  :p
personally i find it weird that zane who is team leader, joins at a lower level, than kitt, and the rest of the gang (was about lvl 12 when i started the mission that has ane in it), i would think he'd be lvl 15 or so, if not 20

nvm didnt realize he got added to your party way earlier, im used to seeing that arrow on the screen in the menu that tells when you have more than 4 ppl...oops
This game reminds me of naruto.

JC being naruto, mattie being sakura ,max being sasuke ,kitt being rock lee and zane being kakashi.

The battle engine is wow!

it looks like takentai, were did you found it?

Or you have made it?

anyways.

if you plz gimme the link to the battle script i would be very gratefull.
Thank you very much guys for your input. Glad you are linking the game. :)

DragonX611

DragonX611
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Loving the game, kind of sad how it ends, but its still good, by the way, the "X-Defensive Chye Gem" Is supposed to give 30 Defense but it only gives 5 defense...

Last edited by a moderator:

HuntingSwan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, these are my initial thoughts.

For the opening text, try to have each message window contain a full sentence.  Don't break up sentences between windows.

I'm sensing English isn't your first language, so well done for overall making sense.  There are a couple of typos though.

'And the last charcter I will talk about...' - character

'I hope you enjoy the awesome adeventures....' - adventures

'Now, if could excuse me player...' - if you could excuse me

I REALLY like the footstep sounds and how you changed them for different terrain. A very nice touch.

Some interactables in the first house would be nice, just like a potion or something to find.

Error in J.C's dialogue with his mom 'I studied all night but I must of dozed off.' - must have dozed off

The first village map is nicely done.  A good layout and no passability errors that I found. Butterflies were a nice touch!

If I were to offer suggestions, I would say it's a bit too clean and tidy, no real sign of being lived in.  Have you experimented with parallax maps?  You can get some really nice results from that.  Overall, good job though!

Again, some items to find before entering the school would be nice.  Like the well beside the school, maybe you could hide a potion in there or something?  Just to reward the player for exploring your map.

Okay, the quiz part.  I know how difficult it is to find a way to teach the player the battle system, believe me, I had the same problem.  And your chalkboard idea is fine but I have a couple of issues with the quiz.

First, I think making it a barrier to progressing is a mistake.  We haven't done anything cool yet and so to get stuck in a quiz is a bit annoying.

Second, the quiz asking questions about the lore of the game (kages and currency etc) is a bit indulgent, especially when you can't progress without getting the question right.

Again, I totally get why you did the quiz, to make sure the player was able to fight battles effectively.  But including questions that don't help the player in battle is a little bit off-putting.

My suggestion would be either remove the questions about the story, or move the story forward even if the player answers some questions incorrectly.

Battle system seems good and well thought out.  But I'm not a fan of random invisible encounters.  Yanfly has a great script that makes an enemy chase the player, it allows for enemies to appear on screen.  Just my personal taste but I prefer that.  

I think the game looks promising and I hope you find my feedback useful.  Would you be interested in playing my game and giving me your thoughts?  It's called Bogus Journey. 

I'll try and play more of Destiny Warriors if you would like more feedback from me.

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Loving the game, kind of sad how it ends, but its still good, by the way, the "X-Defensive Chye Gem" Is supposed to give 30 Defense but it only gives 5 defense...
Glad you are enjoying it! And thank you very much for catching in the error.

Hi, these are my initial thoughts.

For the opening text, try to have each message window contain a full sentence.  Don't break up sentences between windows.

I'm sensing English isn't your first language, so well done for overall making sense.  There are a couple of typos though.

'And the last charcter I will talk about...' - character

'I hope you enjoy the awesome adeventures....' - adventures

'Now, if could excuse me player...' - if you could excuse me

I REALLY like the footstep sounds and how you changed them for different terrain. A very nice touch.

Some interactables in the first house would be nice, just like a potion or something to find.

Error in J.C's dialogue with his mom 'I studied all night but I must of dozed off.' - must have dozed off

The first village map is nicely done.  A good layout and no passability errors that I found. Butterflies were a nice touch!

If I were to offer suggestions, I would say it's a bit too clean and tidy, no real sign of being lived in.  Have you experimented with parallax maps?  You can get some really nice results from that.  Overall, good job though!

Again, some items to find before entering the school would be nice.  Like the well beside the school, maybe you could hide a potion in there or something?  Just to reward the player for exploring your map.

Okay, the quiz part.  I know how difficult it is to find a way to teach the player the battle system, believe me, I had the same problem.  And your chalkboard idea is fine but I have a couple of issues with the quiz.

First, I think making it a barrier to progressing is a mistake.  We haven't done anything cool yet and so to get stuck in a quiz is a bit annoying.

Second, the quiz asking questions about the lore of the game (kages and currency etc) is a bit indulgent, especially when you can't progress without getting the question right.

Again, I totally get why you did the quiz, to make sure the player was able to fight battles effectively.  But including questions that don't help the player in battle is a little bit off-putting.

My suggestion would be either remove the questions about the story, or move the story forward even if the player answers some questions incorrectly.

Battle system seems good and well thought out.  But I'm not a fan of random invisible encounters.  Yanfly has a great script that makes an enemy chase the player, it allows for enemies to appear on screen.  Just my personal taste but I prefer that.  

I think the game looks promising and I hope you find my feedback useful.  Would you be interested in playing my game and giving me your thoughts?  It's called Bogus Journey. 

I'll try and play more of Destiny Warriors if you would like more feedback from me.
1. First off thank you very much for your feedback.  :D

2. English is actually my primary language. I feel a bit sad now lol 

I agree. I tried to get most of the words in a box at a time however as you know the box eventually cuts text. I suppose I could have less text in a box in order to make sure that the   sentences don't run off.

3. Thank you very much I like the walking sound effect too. And that's a great idea for adding interactables.

4. Again I see your point. My excuse is  that map making isn't my forte and that I'm slightly getting better at it. But thats no excuse not to fix it.  BD  

And no I have no experience with  parallax maps. In fact I have no idea how to use them lol  But I may try to get into them and see if I can figure out how to use them.

5. I didn't think the quiz was that bad. I do see your point though. I wanted the player to understand basic battle keys as well as some of the basic knowledge that they would need to know in order to fully appreciate the game. But then again I don't want to put down the player at the beginning the game now do I? lol Although the chalkboards does have all the answers....

6. Later on in the game I add both invisible random encounters and on the screen enemies. The reason why I have random encounters is so that the player can continue level up. Because I have not found a script or know of a script that I know how to use that regenerates an enemy on screen once killed. I have been looking for an easy to understand script like that for a while. So if you know of one please pm me  :D  

7. I'm glad you find this game promising and I hope you continue to enjoy it. And yes I would love more feedback from you. Lastly I would love to try out your game and give feedback. Could you PM me the link to your game? Thank you very much for your feedback. 

DragonX611

DragonX611
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty good with RPGMaker VX Ace myself, and if you would like, we can partner up on book 2? I recently beat book 1 a second time and i had quite a few ideas that could be put into a second book! I could also test your game for Grammar mishaps, but i look forward to your decision! I love being able to help people make games! My only downside I cant think up a story without inspiration, but that's fine, i'm inspired by your RPG and I would gladly help if i could!

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty good with RPGMaker VX Ace myself, and if you would like, we can partner up on book 2? I recently beat book 1 a second time and i had quite a few ideas that could be put into a second book! I could also test your game for Grammar mishaps, but i look forward to your decision! I love being able to help people make games! My only downside I cant think up a story without inspiration, but that's fine, i'm inspired by your RPG and I would gladly help if i could!
Thank you for the offer and I'm glad you are liking the game. 

DragonX611

DragonX611
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the offer and I'm glad you are liking the game. 
Yea, btw how do you get the yanfly ace core working? I keep getting errors if i try to add the onscreen battlers, it works fine without onscreen battlers though

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yea, btw how do you get the yanfly ace core working? I keep getting errors if i try to add the onscreen battlers, it works fine without onscreen battlers though
I'll Pm you a link to a demo that will have all the scripts that I used in the game. Maybe that will help you :)

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*Bump*

Reminder: Feedback is appreciated. Both complements and positive criticism. 

Verranicus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heya, just wanted to let you know that I planned to do a playthrough of this for my youtube channel. I'll post a link whenever it's finished.

I'm enjoying it from what I've played, so hopefully I can get a few more people to download it and give it a try as well. I'll be sure to reference this thread so they know where to look.

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heya, just wanted to let you know that I planned to do a playthrough of this for my youtube channel. I'll post a link whenever it's finished.

I'm enjoying it from what I've played, so hopefully I can get a few more people to download it and give it a try as well. I'll be sure to reference this thread so they know where to look.
Kool I can't wait to see it. And I'm glad you're liking the game so far  :D

And it would be very much appreciated if you are able get a few more people to download it and give it a try as well.

DragonX611

DragonX611
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My only problem is the fact that the game is over 400 MB, i doubt that is able to be fixed, but yea, downloading it could be a hassle

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*Bump*

Reminder: Feedback is appreciated. Both complements and positive criticism. 

Inmento Riku

Angel of Darkness/Demon of Light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
This game.

Just

There are literally no words I've seen in the English language, or any language for that matter, that I can use to accurately describe this game.

I just recently downloaded it (About yesterday) and oh my god.

This is truly inspiring. 

I'd totally make a let's play...if I had any recorder that didn't take up so much cpu (Been using Action for the longest time) and if I had yer permission oh great one!

I'm also going to use this time to say one final thing about this game.

The game, so far, is better than that hidden cutscene in FF: XXIII-2 where Lightning sees her dead/dying sister and I cried for an hour. Way better I swear.

Hell this is better than Chrono trigger (Well almost...it's close)

Nuff said.

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This game.

Just

There are literally no words I've seen in the English language, or any language for that matter, that I can use to accurately describe this game.

I just recently downloaded it (About yesterday) and oh my god.

This is truly inspiring. 

I'd totally make a let's play...if I had any recorder that didn't take up so much cpu (Been using Action for the longest time) and if I had yer permission oh great one!

I'm also going to use this time to say one final thing about this game.

The game, so far, is better than that hidden cutscene in FF: XXIII-2 where Lightning sees her dead/dying sister and I cried for an hour. Way better I swear.

Hell this is better than Chrono trigger (Well almost...it's close)

Nuff said.
Thank you very much for your words of encouragement. I'm glad you enjoyed my game. 

Hopefully you will check out and enjoy my up coming game Chosen Destiny. 

Demo Link -> http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40140-chosen-destiny-i-demo/

I've been meaning to do a lets play of the game so if you find the time to do it just let me know ahead of time and permission will be granted.

Once again thank you for your feedback. It means a lot to me. 

Inmento Riku

Angel of Darkness/Demon of Light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I've been meaning to do a lets play of the game so if you find the time to do it just let me know ahead of time and permission will be granted.

Once again thank you for your feedback. It means a lot to me. 
I shall check out your demo.

And would I be able to start recording of the let's play today? I finally found a decent recorder

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I shall check out your demo.

And would I be able to start recording of the let's play today? I finally found a decent recorder
Yep. Just send me a link of it through pm when you finish your recordings. 

trevers18

#hippomaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know, a lot of this plot seems familiar. I feel like I've played a game like this before... oh, wait, I did. It was Naruto: Path of the Ninja.

Let's face is, this is almost a direct rip-off. These characters are way too similar to the original characters, plots are almost directly the same (as soon as I saw the scene with the whole team and the main Kage or whatever giving them a mission to watch a scroll, I instantly knew), and the lore is almost exactly the same (sealing deceased dragons/entities/whatever into children?). It's at some points blatantly obvious where the original game was ripped-off and added into this version, and it's really just... sad.

The grammar and spelling need some serious revision. You use multiple punctuation marks when they are way less than necessary (at one point I must have seen at least 12 exclamation points in one sentence, and even more periods in another), there are spelling and grammar mistakes littered everywhere, and the formatting for the text is just awful at best. Even with the clear plagiarism, I could probably have enjoyed this game somewhat if the spelling/grammar were at least halfway decent. Googling some guides for proper grammar and writing your script in a word processor with spellcheck might help you improve on this aspect.

Otherwise, everything else in the game isn't bad. I like the side-battle system (might look into it myself), the maps are alright, and I guess the game is somewhat enjoyable. Just work on ripping off less of the Naruto game/series and more on creating your own ideas/plots, as well as improving your grammar. Note that it's totally acceptable to create a game based in the universe of a T.V. show/anime/etc. as long as you utilize different plot-lines and don't steal directly from the show. Keep working, and I'm sure either this game or the next one will be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connoruption