Details about Enemy Appears option

Reaction score
First Language
Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I increased the number of permissible enemies(bosses), but when I try to preposition the bosses by using the Enemy Appears option box on the third page of the contents options in the event editor, the changes are not reflected. I only see 8 unnamed options appended by a question mark. The documentation too hasn't anything about that.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you show me a screenshot?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The eight positions are the eight indices of a troop.
but ONLY inside a troop the engine can point the indices to the specific enemy it stands for, because that usually changes between different troops.

so if you use that (or any other enemy-focused command) in a common event, it needs to display question marks as placeholders because the editor does not know which troop will be active if the common event is called.

That said, the enemy appear command cannot change the position of any enemy.
you add the enemy to the troop and position it there, then you right-click it to set it to "appear halfway" and it will not be there when the battle starts but only after you give the enemy appear command to it.

And the enemy appear command is completely functionless outside battlescreen

Reaction score
First Language
Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so is there an easy way to put a boss in a particular place(tiles)?

The eight positions are the eight indices of a troop.
but ONLY inside a troop the engine can point the indices to the specific enemy it stands for, because that usually changes between different troops.

so if you use that (or any other enemy-focused command) in a common event, it needs to display question marks as placeholders because the editor does not know which troop will be active if the common event is called.

That said, the enemy appear command cannot change the position of any enemy.
you add the enemy to the troop and position it there, then you right-click it to set it to "appear halfway" and it will not be there when the battle starts but only after you give the enemy appear command to it.

And the enemy appear command is completely functionless outside battlescreen
I noticed your signature and could not help but reveal that I am working on a sci-fi novel too in transmedia and the RPG game I'm making is supposed to play the part of a chapter.:)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so is there an easy way to put a boss in a particular place(tiles)?
of course - but that is pure eventing and has nothing to do with battles.
the full sequence of what you do requires a number of additional steps however.

First you need to know that you never battle enemies directly, you always battle a troop of between 1 and 8 enemies.
So your first step is to create a troop that contains the boss you want to fight - alone or with mininions is your decision.

then you place an event pretending to be that enemy on the map. Use the regular event options to make it behave however you want, including keeping it hidden like any other event or approach for attack or whatever.

only when whatever sequence is complete and you want to start the battle, then place the battleprocessing command in the event with the troop you want to fight.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, just as I thought. The enemy names only appear when you use the command in a troop event, because otherwise the engine has no idea which enemies you're using. Also it won't do anything, because an event run outside of battle has no enemies to make appear.

I think you've made a mistake a lot of new users seem to: thinking of events as representing specific things. They do not, and never have. Even when you give them a graphic that gives them the appearance of a character, NPC, enemy etc. an event is never anything more or less than a collection of pages of commands. If you want an event that starts a battle, you just put a "Battle Processing" command in the event. It doesn't need any particular graphic to do that. As Andar said, you just create the troop containing the boss and then put a command in the event which starts a battle with that troop.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneesama