Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If the player speaks to the NPC from above, I want to be able to detect this, and have dialogue telling the player to move elsewhere.  In the Conditional event commands the only thing near it that I can see is which button is being pressed.  However, the player will be stationary in order to interact with the NPC, and so no button will be being pressed.  If the player is using mouse control, I can easily set the event to send the player to correct spot.  This does not work, however, if the player is using the keyboard.

I suspect that this is something very obvious, but I cannot see how to determine this.  Could someone tell me?

Thanks.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Don't you love it? LIke when you request something from the RTP.

/me looks around sheepishly

Happens to all of us, lol.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Arghhh! I knew I was tired but didn't realise just how tired. Thanks.

Edit

My Internet had gone down. Only have my phone so can't report for closing. If a mod sees this, please close as solved.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
I think we've all missed or overlooked the simplest of things at one time or another. Take some time rest, if you can. :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:
Have you ever been truly comfortable? This weekend I experienced it for the first time in my 33 years on this planet. Try to get comfy, friends.
Every once in a while I check to see if my planned game titles are taken or trademarked. Still okay. I plan to take my time for the sake of quality, but at the same time it feels like a race against some hidden dev out there who also plans to publish or register the same title.
Who else here likes frogs? I sure do like them squishy beings! :rwink:

froggy.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jouleup