Determining CPU Specifications for My Game (VX Ace)

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hadn't thought of this before, but it seems to be necessary information to give to the consumer.  I know that RPG Maker has a listing based on its RTP settings (I believe), but is there any way for us to find out what our products require for a post-production model?  I assume it would be similar to the core Enterbrain specs, but I would hate to post inaccurate information if I can possibly avoid it.

(Edit:  I may have missed on the location of this thread.  I was torn between General Discussion and VX Ace Support)

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would assume just find someone with an epicly bad computer, see if it can run your game, than quote their computer specs as a minimum. :p

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you have to test that yourself, because there is no general answer.

For a basic game, the same specifications like given by Enterbrain apply - but if you make even a few badly written parallel processes, or use big maps with many hundred events, or use some CPU-intense scripts (especially Khas' Lighting Script), then the requirements can go up a lot.

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I do have a dungeon that uses elements of Khas Lighting Script, thought it's kind of on the chopping block (and would require a major rewrite) for my post demo work.  I wanted it for a specific effect that I couldn't really do another way, and I do see my own performance suffer with it in that one section.  Other than that, it should be fine.

As a side note, there isn't a single parallel process or variable used in my demo that isn't called by a script otherwise.  I'm a good event director, but some things I just don't fully understand yet, so I don't use them on the main project.  I suspect the Enterbrain specs should be fine.

Thanks for all the input guys.   :rock-left:

♥SOURCE♥

Too sexy for your party.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello! You could try virtual machines with different specs. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another camping area.
I just found out somebody pirated my 3,99$ game. I spent over a year making it and somebody just publish it for free a week after early access released.

I should be glad, cuz if they pirate you, that means your game has to be good, but im not. I barely sold any copy. Didn't get any info from most of the sites I wrote.
So I'm hoping that I get an MRI on my knee soon, but until then, I'm on a prescription dosage of ibuprofen. It's definitely helping, but my knee is still hurting and occasionally locks up. The urgent care doctor was convinced it's a meniscus tear due to it locking, and said that if it is, I'll need surgery. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcm90