Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would you like to have more dynamic battles, where things are constantly moving?

I'm currently in the process of providing a set of eventing tools that allow you to implement animated battles.

What the plugin does is provide you with methods to "create" your own animation sequences in order to create the final battle scene.

Here is an example where I put together a floating platform battle scene, using some floating platforms provided by Galv. You can get the floating platform here

So in this video, you can see that they are falling.

This was set up by providing the following instructions

1. place the battlers on the floor battleback (with the two main platforms)

2. have the other battleback scroll at a certain rate

After a few turns, you could then play a sequence of events where they fall out of the screen, and then you change the battleback and they've landed on the ground. And then they lose 50% of their HP from the impact, and then continue with the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome!

So with this could something as simple as clouds scrolling by be possible?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome!

So with this could something as simple as clouds scrolling by be possible?
Yes, provided you have the appropriate images.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got the images, so i can't wait.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe you can send me the images so that I can use them for demonstration videos.

And you also get to see it in action.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think this is awesome! I wish I had been able to find this when the Scrolling Battleback story-arc of the falling rocks videos came out.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There will be two commands when you're choosing how battlebacks will be be animated.

Move. When the battleback moves, the entire picture moves. This means that if you move it out of the screen, it's gone. This is useful if you have, say, other sprites anchored to that battleback, and you want those sprites to move with the battleback.

Scroll. The battleback is anchored in place, but the image will "scroll", giving the illusion that it's moving. It simply changes the origin of the image.

The next question is how you would specify the animation sequence.

For example, I would like the second battleback to scroll left, indefinitely.

define_battleback_animation 2 loopscroll LEFTNow let's say I wanted the first battleback to move up and down.So it'll move up for 10 pixels, then move down for 10 pixels, and move up for 10 pixels...

Maybe something like this

define_battleback_animation 1 loopmove DOWN 10move UP 10If you don't specify that it will loop, it will only play once.This might be useful if you wanted to have more control over it during the battle itself, so like if the enemy's HP is down to 10%, you want to play an animation and move a bunch of images all over the place.

Of course, using directions doesn't offer much flexibility, so let's scrap the idea.

Instead of using names, let's just specify the exact direction that you want to move in terms of vertical/horizontal pixel offset.

define_battleback_animation 1 loopmove -1+0Which will move it -1 pixels horizontally, and 0 pixels vertically.This is equivalent to moving left.

If you want to move it diagonally towards the upper-left at a 30 degree angle, you might say something like

define_battleback_animation 1 loopmove -3+1So for every 3 pixels left, move 1 pixel up.Looped infinitely.

Now, I'm not exactly sure how you would say something like "move left 10 times, move right 10 times"

Perhaps you could say

MOVE 10 -1+0MOVE 10 +1+0Which would mean "repeat this move command 10 times"Or perhaps something like this would be more clear

Code:
10x MOVE -1+010x MOVE +1+0
This is a bit tricky, especially if you wanted to include functions for determining how it will move like sine waves and whatnot.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This plug-in seems amazing and i'm really looking forward to it will be so helpful for a sky island arc i'm planning

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like   MOVE 10 -1+0   the most! I just think it feels simpler and could be more easily explained!

MOVE 10 +1+

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hmm, I was thinking of integrating this with the "picture" commands so that you could just use regular eventing to create the animations.

It would also possibly be compatible with any plugins that provide additional picture-related commands, which would make the animation system more powerful than relying on just me providing commands.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, I was thinking of integrating this with the "picture" commands so that you could just use regular eventing to create the animations.

It would also possibly be compatible with any plugins that provide additional picture-related commands, which would make the animation system more powerful than relying on just me providing commands.
Yes! This would be great!!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is f-ing amazing! Keep up the amazing work, you never cease to impress with your great stuff. ^_^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.
Let's hope power remains on for the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrooperEddie