[Dev] Capturing enemies, recruit them as actors!

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So one thing I've been interested is creating starter kits for different type of projects, by hand-picking a bunch of plugins and offering them as a single completely package with its own database set up and so on.

Anyways, some people want the ability to capture enemies and recruit them as actors, so I thought of a way to do it.

Here's an example where you apparently caught a lot of fruits.

Each actor is an individual instance. They have nothing to do with one another other than the fact that they have the same name, face, and class. Indeed, all instances of Chimg are based on an original "template" of Chimg in the database. You can basically consider them to be clones.

Once you can create new actors in-game, you can then proceed to create actors based on enemies you've captured.

Enemies may have any number of properties, which I have already prepared beforehand

1. Enemy Levels - the level of the enemy can be preserved

2. Enemy Classes - the class of the enemy can be preserved

3. Enemy Equips - any equips that the enemy is wearing can be preserved (eg: if they're holding a fruit)

Animations are up to you to figure out at this point. If anyone would like to contribute an animation for the capturing process that would be great.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd like to see such a script in action in the end. I started to make one for VXAce, then dropped it when I ended up not needing it for my project.

wclear

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Wow, thanks, that will be extremely useful in my pokemon project in rpg maker mv

question: Will be possible, use an item instead of a skill?(Like a pokeball haha!)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow, thanks, that will be extremely useful in my pokemon project in rpg maker mv

question: Will be possible, use an item instead of a skill?(Like a pokeball haha!)
Yes, items and skills can both be used to capture.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That is fantastic, I've always wanted a Monster Battle/Pokemon system in an older version of MV. Can't wait

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not nearly as good as Hime but I did make a very simple script where you use an item and you defeat and "capture" the enemy. The actor you gain into the party is decided by the enemy notetags. With a plugin command you add actor enemies to your team, and the first time you do this the player actor is removed from the party so that they dont participate in battle. If you use Hime's actor leader script you have the player sprite be the leader but the actual fighting party is just captured actors.

I could post that in the meantime you want.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, depending on what you need, there are many different ways to handle capturing.

For example, the first time you capture an enemy, an actor is added.

The second time you capture the same enemy, that actor just gets a bonus or something.

Mine is based on pokemon where you capture multiple copies.

fireflower46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I really hope you'll make this actor cloning plugin, Hime. I'm trying to make a Pokemon style game and such a plugin would be just what I need! Keep up the good work!

Minnix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Wow that is exactly what I need :)  can't wait!

pclaydon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this would be really cool looking into making a game closer to evocreo than pokemon but either way this would really help

Blackikun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
First of all, thanks on working on it Hime-san <3 and i´m really sorry to ask my question, but you say it would be more like Pokémon. So is there any option to have a max. storage of actors and then you can "delete" or "convert" (into an item as example) so that you can capture a new one?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can we nickname the captured enemies?

By "nickname" if you mean giving them a different name, it would be the same as renaming a regular actor, since a captured enemy will simply be added to the party as an actor.

First of all, thanks on working on it Hime-san <3 and i´m really sorry to ask my question, but you say it would be more like Pokémon. So is there any option to have a max. storage of actors and then you can "delete" or "convert" (into an item as example) so that you can capture a new one?

Well, the idea of "capturing" enemies was inspired by pokemon, but that's it.

The base plugin will simply provide the capture logic,

1. Capture an enemy

2. Convert enemy into actor

And that's it. I don't specify where the new actor will be added.

The plugin would provide examples on HOW you would do it, but beyond that, it would be up to you.

This is because you may have a concept of an actor storage, while others do not.

Blackikun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, the idea of "capturing" enemies was inspired by pokemon, but that's it.

The base plugin will simply provide the capture logic,

1. Capture an enemy

2. Convert enemy into actor

And that's it. I don't specify where the new actor will be added.

The plugin would provide examples on HOW you would do it, but beyond that, it would be up to you.

This is because you may have a concept of an actor storage, while others do not.

Thanks for the fast replay. So like i understand it, it´s like an ace script i know allready just for mv? That would mean with Plugin commands this would even work outside of battle to get a non "database actor" (Like after a battle we can change a variable and when this variable is set as 100+ we can convert this variable into an actor)? THAT is a holy grail for my project <3 but only when i understand it correct

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the fast replay. So like i understand it, it´s like an ace script i know allready just for mv? That would mean with Plugin commands this would even work outside of battle to get a non "database actor" (Like after a battle we can change a variable and when this variable is set as 100+ we can convert this variable into an actor)? THAT is a holy grail for my project <3 but only when i understand it correct

If you are interested in creating actors, you can use this plugin.

It provides database functionality for inserting custom actors into the game at run-time.

Script calls would be used to handle the actor creation process.

The enemy capture plugin is based on that plugin, except it simplifies the process a bit.

You could conceivably build a capture system yourself using events, along with that plugin.

Or build a mercenary hiring system, where random mercenaries may be available for hire and if you pick one of them, a new actor will be generated and add to the party.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cjdgame

The Azure Falcon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't wait for this plugin to be finished :D

I really want to switch over to MV with my game, but a way to catch multiple of the same enemy is a must :/

Thanguya

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Friends, I'd like a bit of help with some compatibility issues with DreamX_CaptureEnemies.

I'm currently trying to use this script

var newActor = InstanceManager.addActor();
var party = $gameSystem.reserveParty();
party.addActor(newActor.id);

from Hime's InstanceManager.

Is there a method to reference the new Actor that was just caught with DreamX_CaptureEnemies then store it into a reserveParty by defining
var newActor = (The Actor just caught with DreamX_CaptureEnemies)

Sorry if that didn't make sense as I'm not a programmer just a hobbyists looking to learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpLover666